Planning for Class 2

Hiya Folks

This week has seen another class 2 driver leave the company, so I rang the regional boss (as the local doesn’t know) about getting training provided by the company to get me on my class 2. I’m currently doing 7.5t work and I’m getting the hang of it all. Stopped denting them, which is obviously a plus point, and I even managed to go out in the left hand drive truck last week which was amazing to say the least!

I’ve basically been told I am on the list but it won’t be until next year as there are others in the queue, obviously, and will probably be after March. Well, in March 2005 my theory expires. Hmm. Time to save up.

I’ve got details of local trainers, there is a company in Leicester that also has a place in Coventry as well…

The only drawback is Christmas which is in between now and then is usually expensive. Oh well, I’ll have to be very carefull! Since the company is now down on the LGV drivers there might a possibilty of getting one of the nicer Volvo’s when it happens! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

don’t want to sound sarcastic here but why would it cost you more to do your test or training over the xmas period or the month leading up to xmas :question:does it cost more to drive in the snow and ice :laughing:

i dont think thats what he meant kitkat :laughing: :laughing: , the period of xmas is expensive mate, not the training :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JONBOY@RH:
i dont think thats what he meant kitkat :laughing: :laughing: , the period of xmas is expensive mate, not the training :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i hope so i would not like to think that these guy’s are getting ripped off to fill some instuctors pocket. :wink: :wink:

No, sorry if I confused you there… Not intentional! :blush:

From now until November I’m trying to clear my bank and credit card debts, and then I’ll be putting a bit away for Christmas and the new year. Hopefully I’ll be well in credit for the new year when I intend to get in with the training then.

I’ve had a fair bit of practise over the years with snow and ice but I do not want to do my test then. It is just how finances and time dictate. I’d like to go out and do it now but I just don’t have the money. I will get there.

This time I’ve had a lot more practise at driving 7.5 tonners and doing it “by the book”.

Cheers :wink: