My class 2 training

Well the ball is now rolling on my class 2 training.

I arrived at L+T this morning at 10.20am and handed over the rest of the cash (That was the hardest bit :slight_smile: )

After a brief 10 minutes filling in a form and a chat with my instructor I was introduced to a 55 plate Merc Axor, complete with an 8 speed slapover gearbox.

The instructor explained that initially I should use the time to get used to driving the vehicle, and at the same time he would be explaining things to me as we went along.

To be honest I felt very comfortable with the lorry from the outset as I have driven loads of large vehicles over the years (Coaches etc) So I had no problems with road postioning etc, the only thing I have to do is learn to “close the door” exiting roundabouts and use my mirrors more when signalling.

The gearchange exercise went very well after a couple of goes (on one occasion I rushed it a bit) and the reverse was easy enough I thought so no problems worth noting there.

I only had 3 hours driving today but tomorrow I start at 7.00am and finish at 12. We’ll be going to Wetherby tomorrow as I’m taking my test there, I imagine to get used to the road layouts and get a feel for the place.

Looking forward to getting back into it tomorrow!

All sounds good so far paul261267 :smiley: .
Good luck with the rest of your
training and test :smiley: .

Who is your instructor :question:

glad your enjoyin it, you will be on the road with your class2 in no time.

Good luck with the rest of the training, and the test!!! Hope it all goes well for you

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the replies.

Convoy My instrutor is David, very good he is too and very easygoing, which I think is very important.

David is on holiday from Wedensday this week so I’ll be having one of the partners, I think it will be Rob.

Day 2

Arrived for 06.45 this morning and left the training centre at 07.00 heading for Wetherby (Where I’ll be taking my test) I didn’t feel so confident today for some strange reason, maybe its because it was ■■■■ foggy today and I don’t know this area at all?

Made a slight cockup on a roundabout too, a car was turning right without signalling. I clocked what he was about to do in loads of time, reacted to it, then promptly missed 4th gear and ended up poking about in the gearbox looking for it :confused: That’s because I was annoyed with the stupid driver who couldn’t be bothered to use his indicator, after saying that I should have known better!

Overall though the instructor says I had a very good drive again today with no real problems to worry about. Starting to get really nervous now though as I have my test on Thursday morning at 08.30.

paul261267:
Thanks for the replies.

Convoy My instrutor is David, very good he is too and very easygoing, which I think is very important.

David is on holiday from Wedensday this week so I’ll be having one of the partners, I think it will be Rob.

I had the same bloke for my training… does seem to be very good.(presuming its the same david!!) :confused:

I was going to say exactly the same as Bones, but he beat me to it. :laughing: :laughing:
Went out with Rob as well different from Dave but very good.

You’ll breeze your test if you’re at Walton. It’s a piece of [zb] up there and you can’t go wrong, even in an artic. Paddy Green is more of a challenge as that arse, Phil Grundy is still there. :angry:

It is Walton where i’m taking it Rob.

My instructor keeps saying if I fail I want â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  as I can drive perfectly ok.

It all depends on what happens on the day though, as we all know!