Class 2 training and test

Hello guys

Hope you’re all enjoying your Sunday.

I begin my Class 2 training tomorrow. I’m slightly nervous but I aim to enjoy it and learn as much as I can. The test is on Thursday morning.

It would be good to receive some tips from trainers - anything that might a noob might not think about, but can help my progress.

If anyone has some wisdom that they would like to share, please do.

Cheers

Best tip = listen to your instructor

As Rog said but also, enjoy it mate. I absolutely LOVED my training back in April. Couldn’t get enough of it. Threw myself in and did mine on an 8 speed range change daf. Was friggin awesome. I proper felt like a trucker when shifting through the gears. You’ll love it. If you like driving and more importantly love trucks!!! You will absolutely love it. Don’t worry about anything mate. Keep your wits about you. Listen to your instructor and drive nice, easy and safe. I’m no expert but when you get behind the wheel of a 14 or 18t rig which you’ll learn in, you realise how different it is to driving a car. Speed ain’t your friend. Nice and slow round corners and always assess your surroundings for street furniture and pedestrians. Especially those cyclists. You’ll be fine mate.

As said, listen to your instructor. If in doubt about anything, ask. A good instructor won`t mind questions, and anything that makes sense to you is easier to remember. There is a lot to learn in a short time, but it is all do-able. Even some of us idiots on this site managed it!
And good luck.

Nothing really to add. All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Keep of this site until after your test.

All the best with it

Paul :smiley:

Best of luck pal! It’s not bad at all as long as you follow all the wise words above! You’ll love it :smiley: it was the best move I ever made! :slight_smile:

Good luck! Just remember the basics. Mirrors are there for a reason!

Firstly, thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I failed :frowning:

In my opinion, the test went well. There were more hazards than I would have liked but I handled them well.

I failed because I drove too slow - not something that I am known for. An accumulation of the same minor - I think I was too conscious of showing a “safe” drive and, as a result, tried to keep my speed down.

Except for that, there was only 6 minors, which I hope indicates an acceptable level of competence.

The re-test is booked for this week, which helps. I just hope I get some luck on the road and I don’t forget what I learnt on the course.

Do any of you have any tips for how to handle a re-test?

Thanks again.

bazzyf:

In my opinion, the test went well. There were more hazards than I would have liked but I handled them well.

I failed because I drove too slow - not something that I am known for. An accumulation of the same minor - I think I was too conscious of showing a “safe” drive and, as a result, tried to keep my speed down.

Except for that, there was only 6 minors, which I hope indicates an acceptable level of competence.

The re-test is booked for this week, which helps. I just hope I get some luck on the road and I don’t forget what I learnt on the course.

Thanks again.

Hard lines mate, just make more progress when safe to do so next time but don’t take the speed limit as a target so drive to the cnditions.

Again keep visits to this site to a minimuim you don’t want to complicate things.

Best of luck next time.

Paul

bazzyf:

Thanks again.

You’ll breeze through your retest, think of your first test as a taster (albeit expensive one) and I can guarantee you won’t even feel half as nervous walking into the test centre next time.

Speaking from someone who passed his car and rigid tests on 2nd attempts, found both really hard first time round then 2nd time a doddle and wonder what the fuss is.

elmet training:

All the best with it

Well that went well then! :wink:

Sorry to hear you failed OP, but as already said, that was just a practice run and you know what to expect now…

Best of luck! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

elmet training:

All the best with it

Well that went well then! :wink:

D

From previous experience it’s best just to take notice from solely your instructor and not to source third party advice during the training week depending you’ve got a good tutor.

Keep things simple and don’t overload the mind so not to complicate the issue.

I have recently passed my class 2 test ( 3 weeks ago). My advice is just to listen to the instructor and do everything he or she says. They teach you the correct way the DSA want you to drive, obviously once you pass you csn drive anyway you like

mine on thursday in an 8 speed slap box man around the canterbury area, so be warned if you are on the road

jeffuk13:
mine on thursday in an 8 speed slap box man around the canterbury area, so be warned if you are on the road

And I blew it, clipped a kerb on way back to test centre :frowning: had 3 minors up to then, but on plus side had brilliant feed back from the examiner who himself was being assessed, re booked on the 18th