Peterborough hauliers

At last, something from Hutchinson’s! Would love to see some pictures of their A-Series ERF’s.

Well, I suppose an E-Series will do for now.
Another one from Bubbleman’s fantastic collection.

Hi gb1…heres a couple more. :smiley:

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Another J A Hutchinson motor, this time a Foden. Not sure where i got this photo so hope its ok to put it on.

[attachment=0]dad 005.jpg

Thankyou all. Some great history there ‘greyknight’.

Barry Waddy. Hi Greynight fine pics ,the one of the Seddon 6 ,wheeler with a good hand ball load was great brings back a lot of memories ,they say the good old days . Cheers barry

greyknight:
1[attachment=0]dad 005.jpg
[/quote]
My father farmed at Kings Delph Gate Farm at this time and remembers the contest and your father well. He says that an Italian out of the brickyards was the first to finish (although it was not a race) and that the strain of the task messed him up and he was never any good again.

Again. all credit to Bubbleman for another fine picture from his collection.
Fishers were based at Langtoft, just North of Peterborough.

I’d guess that’s a load from Dow-Mac at Tallington.

Although not a haulier as such, Baker-Perkins operated this Scania from it’s Peterborough factory, primarily trunking overnight to Barnsdale Bar, where it did a change-over with a vehicle from their Heburn factory.
Its seen here at Reads depot, where it had delivered some items for export.

G & J Ping were long-time Volvo operators.
This one was on the Volvo stand at the East of England Show in 1977.

Another one from the East of England Show 1977.
This one from the Peterborough Heavy Haulage fleet.

Another own-account operator. Harlock’s were based at Thorney, and were suppliers of Forklift trucks.

roadcommander2:
Hi Graham,

Im enjoying your pics, do you have any more taken at the East of England show especially any tippers?

Cheers
Mark

Sorry for the delay roadcommander, but here’s a few i’ve found. Not Peterborough Hauliers, but all taken at
the East of England Show. Hope they’re of interest.

Great East of England pics there!.

All Wilcox and Stevecastle bodies on the Tippers, built at Royce Road Peterborough and Oundle respectively.
The F88 is on John Billows stand with an N10 Volvo dumper, complete with a skew tail Stevecasle alloy body.

During the power cuts of the late 1970’s, Ray Wilcox provided his Gardner powered generator to keep large areas of the show supplied with power. It was usually used to keep body production flowing at Oundle when the mains went out!.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for posting those East of England pics.

It was good to see the Edwards Bros F86, they were a big operator in their day with a large fleet of rigid tippers.

Its suprising that there seem to be so few pics of their vehicles as they ran a reasonably mixed fleet before majoring on Volvos.

I think they were a loyal Wilcox customer as well.

Cheers
Mark