Peak District.

Any pics of walkers A series Dan?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shoshaye:
Any pics of walkers A series Dan?

No but I’ve heard there’s an E series up longcliffe going to be painted red though :wink:

Needs new floors first.

Punchy Dan:

hulltramper:
Hi.
Mate of mine drove for “Hattie” Hadfield. Ken Lawley(driver) :laughing: He had a new MAN for Hattie,it did go well.
hulltramper

Ken deserves a medal for doing Dene to Richard lees every day all day in waters end of life lorries can’t think of worse run .

You are not wrong,“Snudge” did it longer,was often seen “Checking” the vehicle over,near the “Mucky Duck” :unamused:
I had a six wheeler “Derbyshire Stone” painted Albion for Tarmac Cawdor,Ken had a Dodge 6 wheeler i think for Hattie and he was off to South Wales,i sometimes ran down there from Rough Close works Alfreton,but this day i was off to West Brom… I had told him i was off to s/wales 8 as well) .Left about 5 mins before him and booted it down to Sutton Coldfield Masts,turned right,shot up through the estate and joined the M6 for about 500 nyds then shot off down the M5,coming off at the first Off slip up on the raised section.
That weekend he said." That B****ed thing of yours goes well i never saw you and i was tramming along like hell" :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Happy days.

Snudge took no prisoners on wirksworth rd

At Smallwood vintage rally today 28/5/18

Shoshaye:
Needs new floors first.

Good god not another angry pigeon in Parwich!

Stanfield:
At Smallwood vintage rally today 28/5/18

Steve That owns that AEC and Neville trailer is doing another at the moment, a Mammoth minor with another Neville trailer, part of it is in my yard at the moment

my house in 1951 ,anyone who drove for mother Housley / the origional Via Gellia Haulage ( Not via gellia transport ) will remember the porch on the right hand side where drivers went to get thier delivery tickets apparently which has now gone and the back office is part of my best lounge .

Punchy Dan:
0my house in 1951 ,anyone who drove for mother Housley / the origional Via Gellia Haulage ( Not via gellia transport ) will remember the porch on the right hand side where drivers went to get thier delivery tickets apparently which has now gone and the back office is part of my best lounge .

Tony Fox from Matlock drove for Mrs Housley Dan, he is a member of our vintage club nowadays. Before my time though.

Pete.

image.jpgshunter of the month :unamused:

image.jpegDefinatly a Peak District scene

image.jpeg
image.jpeganother new Daf at the wharf Depot

Dan, as promised, is this the right Smiths?

Punchy Dan:
01another new Daf at the wharf Depot

is that one of seth punchard’s.

pete smith:

Yes m8 that is Denzil Smiths ,I think the driver could be David ?

Punchy Dan:

pete smith:

Yes m8 that is Denzil Smiths ,I think the driver could be David ?

I thought it may have been the Denzil Smith from Westmoreland, but realised it was a quality Foden and he never bought any of those?! Anon 2,

I had my name down for a job at Smith’s 30 odd years ago, never heard any more about it though and I reckon I can now assume they don’t want me! :frowning: They haven’t many trucks now but it had to be one of the best driving jobs locally though, all you did was drive as they washed and fuelled it and started it up on Winter mornings so the cab was aired when the driver got in it. Bet that other Denzil Smith in the North West didn’t do that for his men? :wink: They still have some restored trucks, old pre-war Leylands, but they rarely appear at shows nowadays for some reason. :confused:

Pete.

Did a couple of years relief driving in 90/91ish and did quite a bit for the Smiths. As Pete says Brian had your lorry nicely warmed up,your work all written out on a sheet with the relevent tickets,it was nearly always ex/works loads. Chris Smith had the Foden new and drove it for about the first 3yrs.,if I remember right. I got to drive it quite a bit and the last load of the day was quite often WCS from Hoveringham to a builders supply in Alfreton or the Chesterfield area. Most of which I notice have ceased trading. Here I am just having a quick brew on the old car park at Hoveringham before heading for home. All gone now as you all know back to the fields. :wink: Mike.

image.jpega hand lay job to excite mr windrush :blush: