Mines in Notts

The foden fleetmaster brings good memory’s back I used to go with my neighbour when he worked from the Coates park yard on a b series ERF , the a job came up mating on the crusader that terry anisworth drove so I packed in school at 15 but they sold it a fortnight later so I jacked and went back to school , the bloke who runs Barton buses is now restoring it .

Nice shot of the Scammell. Sadly the photo doesn’t show the anchor that the driver had to throw out when attempting to slow down!

Retired Old ■■■■:
Nice shot of the Scammell. Sadly the photo doesn’t show the anchor that the driver had to throw out when attempting to slow down!

I can remember the noise comin into the cab you couldn’t hear yourself speak but I loved it people talk about scania v8,s but the Detroit was in a different league

Has anyone got any photos of nico,s Sed ak,s when he had the yard at pinxton I rode about with his drivers for years on the coal and I’m gutted I never took any photo,s

Anybody remember Bath Yard■■? My dad ran out of there. Malc Hodgkinson. Ralf Bird was Transport Manager. I also remember drivers called Stuart Shipman, bernard, Chris, Ian. God i was only a kid and went in the truck with my dad every now and then even though we werent allowed.

lee hawke:
nottingham is full oF SCAB BSTRDS

27 years ago dude !!!

And prob knows nothing about it also.

road-ranger:

wizzygti:
Does anybody have any pics of the pits around Nottinghamshire. Particularly Blidworth,Rainworth ect. Im interested in what trucks were on tipper work in 80s

not realy tippers but ncb.

love this foden what power ■■■■■■■ was in it

There are some great clips on youtube of lorries at Orgreave 1984/85 DAF F10 SED ATKI 400 MERCS quite short clips though you got to be quick,theres an F10 flat roof with midlift all artic tippers also a Hanson 401 8wheeler coming through Grimethorpe, cant think what the video names are try search miners strike.

Did quite a bit of coal out of the East Midlands pits during the 70s & 80s. Sadly, I never thought to carry a camera.

Hiya…it show’s how times change…in my day like some of you chap’s either we couldn’t afford
a camera…or you wasn’t aloud to take one onto a company premises.
nowaday’s these young driver’s get a camera given to them with a note pad pen and tape measure.
that would have been handy. we could have taken a photo. penned in where and when we took it.
we would have a tape to measure the body length instead of pacing it out with our feet.
god they have it easy today.
cheers John
on the pit side of thing’s’ how the mines was closed was disgraceful…
BUT looking at the workers we have today and the modern parents i don’t think some mother’s
would let their kids go down the pits. I’am certain i wouldn’t let anyone of mine go down.

i know kids who wouldn’t share a shower with a mate in a swimming pool yet shower along
with a hundred or so other chaps.
times have changed.

bradfordlad9999:

road-ranger:

wizzygti:
Does anybody have any pics of the pits around Nottinghamshire. Particularly Blidworth,Rainworth ect. Im interested in what trucks were on tipper work in 80s

not realy tippers but ncb.

love this foden what power ■■■■■■■ was in it

E290, if you look above the drivers window you can just see it, 9speed fuller and rockwell 6.12. this made it a little show, 56mph, it was plated at 50tons hence the split rims.

I used to love having a nosey around south normanton yard on my way into work at bentinck wish i had a camera now.

r slicker:

I think you may find he does no a lot about it !!! r slicker, a lot more than you prob think… IE Barnsley built on cole not dole !!! May give you a little clue

Can somebody tell me what 27 years is about please.

Dan Punchard:
Can somebody tell me what 27 years is about please.

the miners strike and miners going back esp in the notts area :wink:

Ok i was not being funny i thought it was longer than that ,as i was only young back then i think different people different ideas.

Dan Punchard:
Ok i was not being funny i thought it was longer than that ,as i was only young back then i think different people different ideas.

Around 1984 ish give and take a month or two

3300John:
Hiya…it show’s how times change…in my day like some of you chap’s either we couldn’t afford
a camera…or you wasn’t aloud to take one onto a company premises.
nowaday’s these young driver’s get a camera given to them with a note pad pen and tape measure.
that would have been handy. we could have taken a photo. penned in where and when we took it.
we would have a tape to measure the body length instead of pacing it out with our feet.
god they have it easy today.
cheers John
on the pit side of thing’s’ how the mines was closed was disgraceful…
BUT looking at the workers we have today and the modern parents i don’t think some mother’s
would let their kids go down the pits. I’am certain i wouldn’t let anyone of mine go down.

i know kids who wouldn’t share a shower with a mate in a swimming pool yet shower along
with a hundred or so other chaps.
times have changed.

My old chap went down the pit when he left school at twelve years old. He reckons he had it cushy being an Air Door boy.

globby 480:

r slicker:

I think you may find he does no a lot about it !!! r slicker, a lot more than you prob think… IE Barnsley built on cole not dole !!! May give you a little clue

r slicker i no nothing about it
i was 7yr old my brother was 4
my grandad did 40yrs underground & my dad did 17yrs on the pit top
and both men went on strike for 12 month them were the days when people stuck together NOT LIKE NOW.
with no wage coming in can you imagine what its like to have no money coming in for 12 month with 2 young children & a wife to feed and cloth i no more about it than u can imagine
them who didnt strike ARE SCABS UNTIL THEY DIE in my eyes
even miners from our village went back and they are still SCABS to this day