Mines in Notts

there are still a few problems down here in the vallys with people who went back to work

I thought this site was to share our intrest in lorries , and not the miners srtike or am I on the wrong site

Does anybody have any pics of the pits around Nottinghamshire. Particularly Blidworth,Rainworth ect. Im interested in what trucks were on tipper work in 80s

wizzygti:
Does anybody have any pics of the pits around Nottinghamshire. Particularly Blidworth,Rainworth ect. Im interested in what trucks were on tipper work in 80s

bit like this?

yep that’s a great pic, keep posting

yeh lots more like that.

nottingham is full oF SCAB BSTRDS

lee hawke:

no need !

nice pictures shame about the last comment, it is not wanted
here,thank you,

lee hawke:

I agree curnock no need for this !!

brit pete:
here,thank you,

I take it you don’t remember the coal strikes and the part the Nottingham miners played in the destruction of workers rights in this country. Even with the NuLiebour party being in power for 12yrs we still have some of the worst.
A lot of people belive Thatcher was good for this country. Personally I think she was the beginning of the end. The UK produces virtually nothing anymore and imports just about everything else. And it all started with Thatcher, assisted by the Nottinghamshire miners.

wizzygti:

I have a large number of photos of South and North Notts area vehicles operated by NCB/British Coal and by National Plant & Transport Ltd who took over British Coal Transport in 1988, if you let me have your e-mail address I will send copies of them to you.

I worked through the strike of 84 and will treat the remarks made by some on her with the contemp they deserve, probably by people who had nothing to do with the industry. The only reason Notts Miners worked through the strike was because of the dictator Arthur Scargill who ordered them to go on strike and would not let them have a ballott, if he had he would have had a 100% strike. george3 wrote the Notts Miners helped in the destruction of workers rights, Scargill wasnt interested in the right of Notts Miners to have a ballott.

I thought this was for pictures of Lorries.

M G b:
I thought this was for pictures of Lorries.

I agree so heres three

Taken at Calverton Colliery 12th November 1975

Taken at South Normanton Garage August 1987

Taken at Cotes Park depot 14th August 1991

Great pictures, did a lot of Coal in the late 80s early 90s from that area. Spent a lot of time in Daw Mil and surrounding pits in the 70s riding in dads truck.

wizzygti:

not realy tippers but ncb.

they always had top class equipment

george3:

brit pete:
here,thank you,

I take it you don’t remember the coal strikes and the part the Nottingham miners played in the destruction of workers rights in this country. Even with the NuLiebour party being in power for 12yrs we still have some of the worst.
A lot of people belive Thatcher was good for this country. Personally I think she was the beginning of the end. The UK produces virtually nothing anymore and imports just about everything else. And it all started with Thatcher, assisted by the Nottinghamshire miners.

thats been done mate,get over it !!!,more pictures please

South Normanton Garage 18th June 1988

South Normanton Garage 6th June 1988

Cotes Park depot 1st July 1970

South Normanton Garage 22nd August 1989