H. C Walchester of Blurton

I know its an old thread but if you’re still interested Ron Conliffe used to drive the Internatinal, he had an Atki before that. Billy Smith and my old man Frank Williams used to drive a pair of Foden 8 wheelers.They did coal from a lot of the pits round stoke. Mheath, Wolstanton Victoria etc. I used to go with my old man during the (every)school holidays.
I am not 100% sure but I think Billys Foden was pinched from somewhere in Talke but it could have been when he and my Dad where working elsewhere together, all I can remember about the incident is the coppers searching Billy Smiths outhouse for an 8 wheel Foden :smiley:. The next time I go my mothers I will see if there are any pics.
Cheers Phil

hiya i was in Walchester,s yard about 3 years ago…yes he has the road sweepers and gully suckers may be more money in those than haulage.
there was a Foden s21 two stroke 8 legger in the yard…i know of a Diamond T hes built with a big ■■■■■■■ and a Halftrack Dodge with a gm engine
i believe he has a collection away from his transport yard in a large shed… i ll not say where it is you can t trust any one to day…

Does anyone remember Walchesters and are they still opearating?

They used to operate a Ford W9000, International Transtars & various other unusual bits of kit in the late 70s early 80s.

Does anyone have any pics that they would like to post?

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark
Walchesters are still operating but they only have a small fleet of tankers doing drain clearance and street sweeping for the local council I will try to find some more information if I can
evo

wachesters did tipping work with the trucks u on about working out of the near by N.C.B pits remember them well…

Thanks for the info guys.

Mark