Ernie Sayce of Monmouth

Does anyone out there remember Ernie Sayce of Monmouth, I think he had something to do with the coal yard on or about Beech Road, as you come off the A40 towards Newport before the tunnels on the left. Any info would be great, also any info on Miles of Monmouth who ran some trucks in the '60’s - '70’s. I think he may have used the same yard…Cheers

If you look back on the south wales thread there are photos of Eric Ward transport. They ran out of Troy Yard with the Sayce boys. There is also a photo of Sayce`s Foden on Bubbs excellent thread Scrapbook Memories, as well as photos of Bill Price who was based at Troy and still lives on Beech Road.There are some of R G Miles also, he was based outside Monmouth at Cwmcarvan.There was FWT motors on the Wonastow Road,my Dads firm D R Griffiths with tippers.Hope this helps. Regards Rich.

Ernie Sayce used to load out of BSC Gartcosh with an American White in the early 80s later with an F10,I sold this Sed Atk to him in early 90s has anybody any photos of it after I sold it, there can,t have been many more with same “spacecab” design conversion (possibly had a different reg it was a 84 “A” model
scan0007.jpg

hi me.paul,
if you send a pm to bazztrucker his oldman had a coal yard down in monmouth, you should find a post by him on your old post of forest of dean firms, hes on his way back from dyce so he won’t respond until after wednesday night
good luck ade