Peak District.

As Rigsby will confirm, I’m not just a figment of the imagination, I’m still trying to stay alive on a state pension, doing without breakfast as my so-called pal keeps malingering in t’Peaks, avoiding his turn. And I haven’t run one of my Overpriced R&S courses for ages. I’m coming to the conclusion that it may be the fault of a chap called Broadbent who reckons his idea of some sort of plastic curtain will soon do away with R&S altogether. Seems he’s in league with one of those infamous ■■■■■■■■ hauliers ( no, not THAT one) to make sure I go down the pan. I must admit that I have noticed one or two of these infernal inventions on the roads lately but I, personally don’t think that they look anywhere near as safe as a well-sheeted and roped load. Let’s hope the idea never catches on- after all I have made a considerable investment in setting up my business: an aging French van and a couple of yards of sisal rope don’t come cheaply.

Ad can one of you technical wizards enlighten me as to why this infernal machine is making double posts?

1970commer:

windrush:

rigsby:
Having met the gentleman a couple times I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s all a front , chugging round in the ageing Berlingo and the frequent trips to his homeland to live off the sprog . Not to mention the profits from the allotment produce , and his overpriced roping and sheeting course . I’m expecting the bailiffs at the door as it’s my turn to buy breakfast and I think he’s getting impatient now .

Ah, you have the advantage over me then Dave in that you have actually met the ‘Lord Mayor of Macc’ and I haven’t. Actually, apart from Malmic and 1970 Commer, (neither of whom appear on here much nowadays), I haven’t met anyone from this forum! :blush: Do all these folk really exist I wonder? :confused: :wink:

Pete.

I’m still here Pete, just busy in the same profession as you, keeping wolves away from doors.

I’ve just loaded today ready for a Sunday set off for a drop just below Glasgow on Monday at 8am.

I had the company of Malmic a couple of Sunday’s ago, he’d just been to see how the other half live (looking at Richard Leedham’s fleet in his yard next door to me)

Eeh up! Talk of the devil and look who pops up!

Hope all is good with you Rob? - sounds like you’re still hard at it, still earning a crust to spend on your restorations?

Steve

image.jpegNew 8 legger

Proper job! Twenty years ago I would have been tempted to beg him for a start driving that! :wink: :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Proper job! Twenty years ago I would have been tempted to beg him for a start driving that! :wink: :wink:

It would only have been a part time job ROF, for half the year you can’t get near the yard for snow! :open_mouth: :laughing: Must admit though that the whole fleet the lads have between them are very well turned out, they didn’t get THAT mindset from their dad! :wink:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A day working for his lordship ,and some snow !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

windrush:

Retired Old ■■■■:

It would only have been a part time job ROF, for half the year you can’t get near the yard for snow! :open_mouth: :laughing: Must admit though that the whole fleet the lads have between them are very well turned out, they didn’t get THAT mindset from their dad! :wink:

Pete.

Dan the Man, Eh, Great stuff there Dan, You IMOO, Are a great haulage man, It must be in your blood like me, Keep up the good service to your customers, I wish I was 40 years younger :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Dan the Man, Eh, Great stuff there Dan, You IMOO, Are a great haulage man, It must be in your blood like me, Keep up the good service to your customers, I wish I was 40 years younger :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , Regards Larry.

Thank you Larry ,Iam sure you were a top man in your days ,btw the 8 wheeler pics with me behind were in Birtley . :smiley:

image.jpegjust for windrush loading at Ryder point

Punchy Dan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Thank you Larry ,Iam sure you were a top man in your days ,btw the 8 wheeler pics with me behind were in Birtley . :smiley:

Well Dan,In mydays as an owner driver you had to give your best to the people you got work from, I secured a time work job doing 50 mile a day, In 1978, £50,00. for a easy days work , This went on right into the early 90s with enhanched rates, Then HAS Got involved & that ■■■■■■ the job right up, The claimed that tipping this notifiable waste was illegal as it was putting dust into the airstream, What a load of ■■■■■■■■, We were dispossing waste from the Andrews Liver Salts Plant along with out of date headachce pills, Of course the HAS Lot said it would have to be unloaded on pallets with a Hyab Then covered up with whaterever waste was being delivered to there sites, I was annoyd when I contacted them when their reply was ,We all have to conform to the regulations, Of course me being a gentlemen & a true haulage man told them in the best polite way to ■■■■ right off, & I hope they enjoyed it getting FRO, Regards Larry.

Punchy Dan:
0just for windrush loading at Ryder point

Only ever did one load from Ryder and that was from Longcliffe Quarries part. An ‘urgent’ eight tonne load to Draycott in the Clay, and the sods only paid eight tonne haulage on it so a lesson was learned there! :unamused: Many years ago, before I drove full time, Tilcon carted stuff from Ryder up to Goole docks occasionally but I don’t know what material it was? I know Nick Hall (RIP) broke down on the Ripley by-pass and Tom Wibberley wanted the boat holding until he got there, that was never going to happen was it! :laughing:

Pete.

image.jpegjeffs new tipper ,the sirens and blues still work :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: just waiting for one of us to paint it light blue now the back springs have been modified .the crew cab replaces the current day cab so he can night out again at folk music night . :laughing:

He should make a fortune with that one, Dan: Two tonnes of scalpings at twenty pence a tonne? He’ll be retired in a month!

image.jpeg

I’m sure Mr Woolley wouldn’t mind sharing this with you.

Tony

from Deanb thread ,looks like Dave Cooke to me ?

Hi.
Mate of mine drove for “Hattie” Hadfield. Ken Lawley(driver) :laughing: He had a new MAN for Hattie,it did go well.
hulltramper

hulltramper:
Hi.
Mate of mine drove for “Hattie” Hadfield. Ken Lawley(driver) :laughing: He had a new MAN for Hattie,it did go well.
hulltramper

Ken deserves a medal for doing Dene to Richard lees every day all day in waters end of life lorries can’t think of worse run .