PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:
“DEANB”

Ed Weetman Scania. Is that a A35 with what looks like alot of filler in front of the drivers door. :smiley:

Oh, really, Dean, how could you possibly mistake the raked rear screen of a 105E Anglia for an A35 ?!?!? If you get stuck, my local Specsavers are open as normal, apart from the mask.

Cheers “ROF” i was only a nipper chap. :smiley: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
“DEANB”

Ed Weetman Scania. Is that a A35 with what looks like alot of filler in front of the drivers door. :smiley:

Hi Dean, The " A35 " :laughing: is a Ford Anglia 105E :wink: Cheers, Ray.

Thanks Ray. :wink:

smallcoal:
Loved the Ford d series w Jones had a mixture of fords and bedfords nice clipping dean

Cheers John. :wink:

Badger:
“DEANB” “Badger” Dean
Pilwoods were based @ Woodington Mill, East Wellow, Nr Romsey
Ive done many a bag delivery out of there for Pilwoods Animal, Game & Fish Feeds
Jeremy

Thanks for the info Jeremy. :wink: Just had a look on google maps and does not ring a bell from when i was a kid going in my
grandads trucks. Looks a bit odd with those houses on the rhs of the weighbridge. :smiley:

Pilwoods was started by a local farmer so these were workers houses

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comment Jeremy. :wink:

Buzzer:
“Badger”

Pilwoods was started by a local farmer so these were workers houses

Mr Pilbrow was his name and he was big time into pig production, Buzzer

Funny the stuff we remember Buzzer. :wink:

Dipster:
A35? No, it is a Ford Anglia 105E with a lot of filler!

:wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:

boardo96:
Hi ROF, sorry no don’t know the man in question, bit before my time to be honest, I didn’t start doing bulk feed work till about 2000 but I know a few of the old Greendale drivers, they may remember as they did a lot out of Exmouth, as you probably know their boss owned the docs.
One man I do know that did regular work from Exmouth that you may remember is Dave Dart, Dart Transport from Exmouth, from what I recall he had an F86 then went on to a F10 or May of been a 12.
I’ll ask around regarding Mr Otter Vally. Cheers Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. I hadn’t realized that you were so young!

:laughing: :laughing:

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Owens Volvo.

Mansell Davies Volvo.

A.L.Jones MAN.

Llanharan Concrete Scania.

John Pearce DAF.

Hicks DAF.

Gerry Jones MAN.

P.M.Rees Volvo.

R.J.Jones Volvo.

Phil Davies Volvo.

Hello DEAN ,A L Jones were from Mardy near Corwen havent seen them for some time ,big timber hauliers .
Dean ,dont think you have featured Mike Williams haulge from Corwen as yet ,blue fleet that haul out of Ifor Williams in Corwen ,thank you Trevor

Nice old Bedford S to get this thread up the charts :slight_smile: all credit to Peter Hurford for the photo.
Oily

Dorset cr Peter Hurford cc by 2.0 9709421362_3f673e121d_k.jpg

A Mitchell of Alness Octopus.Photo credit to Robert Little.

sheriff28.jpg

Hi dean and Paul,some pics taken at hinkley point freight management facilities j23 Bridgwater the pipe section is for the new tunnel from Hinckley to avonmouth under the sea it’s already to start ,crynant plant bringing in rebar

kmills:
I reckon you’re probably right with the Seddon, Trevor

My Dad used to drive a Seddon for them - there were 2 at the London Depot - had MT on the doors

I drive up and down the A1 in West Yorkshire 3 to 4 times a day and there’s a guy that stands on a bridge taking photos , i’ve noticed he always puts his camera down when i approach , i can’t blame him the thing stinks :wink:

tastrucker:
"DEANB"Some Welsh motors.

A.L.Jones MAN.

Hello DEAN ,A L Jones were from Mardy near Corwen havent seen them for some time ,big timber hauliers .
Dean ,dont think you have featured Mike Williams haulge from Corwen as yet ,blue fleet that haul out of Ifor Williams in Corwen ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. Will have a word with Paul and see if he has any Mike Williams motors. :wink:

oiltreader:
Nice old Bedford S to get this thread up the charts :slight_smile: all credit to Peter Hurford for the photo.
Oily

Nice pic of the Big Bedford,its in this article.

Click on pages twice to read.

Chris Webb:
A Mitchell of Alness Octopus.Photo credit to Robert Little.

Nice pic of the Octopus Chris. :wink:

The Octopus was part of the Power Plus series that made its debut at the 1960 Commercial motor show.

Click on pages twice.

smallcoal:
Hi dean and Paul,some pics taken at hinkley point freight management facilities j23 Bridgwater the pipe section is for the new tunnel from Hinckley to avonmouth under the sea it’s already to start ,crynant plant bringing in rebar

Nice pics John,thanks for posting. :smiley: :wink: Looks like a few foreign motor’s.

Toddy2:
"kmills"I reckon you’re probably right with the Seddon, Trevor
My Dad used to drive a Seddon for them - there were 2 at the London Depot - had MT on the doors

Sounds like the pic brought back some good memories Toddy2 ! :wink:

ramone:
I drive up and down the A1 in West Yorkshire 3 to 4 times a day and there’s a guy that stands on a bridge taking photos , i’ve noticed he always puts his camera down when i approach , i can’t blame him the thing stinks :wink:

You have lost me “ramone” :question:

The photos you post are from all types of vehicles , the photographer on the bridge that i see seems to like shiney new ones not 10 year old waste motors
I think some of the best images you and others post on here are working lorries not the up to date new ones , they bring back great memories long may you continue

Thanks Dean, for the most interesting article on the 1960 Leyland heavy range!

ramone:
The photos you post are from all types of vehicles , the photographer on the bridge that i see seems to like shiney new ones not 10 year old waste motors
I think some of the best images you and others post on here are working lorries not the up to date new ones , they bring back great memories long may you continue

Ok i wondered what you were on about ! :wink:

Heres an old waste motor but its shiney. :laughing:

Froggy55:
Thanks Dean, for the most interesting article on the 1960 Leyland heavy range!

Heres a brochure about them “Froggy55”. Bit of a bugger to scan as too big for the scanner.

leyland power plus2.jpg

Mark Yate Plant DAF seen leaving Poole docks.

“windrush” One of your’s Pete ?

Unknown AEC loaded with bales.

Ed Weetman Seddon Atkinson.

Wincanon GUY Big J4T seen here entering Poole docks.

Bakers Meat & Bacon Buffalo. Not had one on before,looks like Taunton on the door ■■

“finbarot” Drinkwater Sabey Volvo F7.

Blast from the past OTA Iveco. Loads of them use to come through Poole. I imagine they have packed up or were taken
over as cant remember seeing one for years. Now was it OTA or Laurant Pelliet who had alot of owner drivers ?
Remember there were a few with ■■■■■■■ 350 Transcons,ring a bell with anyone ?

Sheffield Insulations Roadtrain.

Thos Smith Mercedes. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Morning Dean.
I wonder if the Wincanton Big J was running Styrene into PD Storage at Poole from BP Baglan Bay,a job I did once or twice. :smiley:

DEANB:

Bakers Meat & Bacon Buffalo. Not had one on before,looks like Taunton on the door ■■

Blast from the past OTA Iveco. Loads of them use to come through Poole. I imagine they have packed up or were taken
over as cant remember seeing one for years. Now was it OTA or Laurant Pelliet who had alot of owner drivers ?

Thos Smith Mercedes. Dont think we have had one on before,anyone know where they are from ■■

Hi Dean, I refer to your picture of the OTA International Iveco, on the left of the picture is an AEC Reliance coach
owned by someone in Poole. I recognised the livery straight away, it would have been new to what was then called
Smiths Happiway Spencers of Wigan, later to become Shearings Holidays, now recently, sadly, gone. I have just put
a picture of one of the AEC coaches on the " Buses & Coaches " thread. Cheers, Ray.

Tidy looking old wagon & drag, Buzzer

117824912_1588267747999389_6142914180194377700_n.jpg

117993050_1588223144670516_5183517189540838340_n.jpg

Ray Smyth:

DEANB:

Hi Dean, I refer to your picture of the OTA International Iveco, on the left of the picture is an AEC Reliance coach
owned by someone in Poole. I recognised the livery straight away, it would have been new to what was then called
Smiths Happiway Spencers of Wigan, later to become Shearings Holidays, now recently, sadly, gone. I have just put
a picture of one of the AEC coaches on the " Buses & Coaches " thread. Cheers, Ray.

I think that the coach belonged to Dolphin Coaches who were based at Wimborne when I was a supplier to them. Sadly they called it a day at the end of 2018.

Yes Dean, the Tilcon Foden was new to Ballidon quarry and given to Sam Hambleton who was the first employee back in the days when the first owner of the quarry ran a butchers shop in Ashbourne before he started into quarrying! With it having a white bumper in the pic (they were maroon when new) it was probably driven in that pic by the Late Derek Booth and based then at Kevin quarry in Staffordshire. However Bill Clowes (old stokie on this forum) also had a spell driving it at Kevin before Derek. :wink: I can’t remember if that one had the S40 cab fitted later, the sister truck (TRB 130K) did though.

Pete.