PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Posted some stuff on previous page.

ARC Leyland.

Drinkwater Sabey Constructor.

Unigate Foden.

Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson ? Pic taken in Poole.

Rex Trotman DAF.

Tankfreight DAF.

Hansons Seddon Atkinson. Pic looks like the tipper body is damaged at back.

Michael Fowler DAF tipper. Where was the pic taken,anyone know ■■

John Norman ERF bulker.

Double Jay Volvo F7. Seem to remember they carried furniture ?

I would say that BAR stands for B A Rogers from Skewen near Swansea,it does have a CY Swansea plate. :smiley:

barogers.png

Chris Webb:
I would say that BAR stands for B A Rogers from Skewen near Swansea,it does have a CY Swansea plate. :smiley:

Chris it is a Brian Rogers Atki…a scrap and coal haulier mainly back in the day…Brian is still around I moved him about 2 years ago when he down sized is home…nice guy to.

Regards Mark

barogers.png

Hi Dean,
Double Jay were new furniture carriers from Liverpool they ran Volvo’s mainly…not sure if they are still in business not seen them on the road for a long time.

Regards Mark

L4841p.JPG-1.jpg

Hanson’s Sedon Atki is probably one of their swap bodied ones .They had some where the body could be swapped for a tank , I suppose a ding was par for the course with them . If you could see the nearside there is probably the blower gear for tank work with the fuel tank on the offside .

Didn’t realise that Rex Trotman ran any Dafs. They were based at Purton Wilts and did a lot of euro work with Volvo F88s. F10s and F12s.

marktaff:

Chris Webb:

Chris it is a Brian Rogers Atki…a scrap and coal haulier mainly back in the day…Brian is still around I moved him about 2 years ago when he down sized is home…nice guy to.

Regards Mark

Hello Dean and Mark …the old man says that Brian did a lot of scrap out of Giants Grave …when ship breaking was in full swing …hauling it to the various BSC plants …he also had Guy J and Seddon artics …nice one Dean …lol … Geraint

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:

Regards Mark

Hello Dean and Mark …the old man says that Brian did a lot of scrap out of Giants Grave …when ship breaking was in full swing …hauling it to the various BSC plants …he also had Guy J and Seddon artics …nice one Dean …lol … Geraint

Hi Geraint.
That shipbreaker would be Thomas W Ward from Sheffield then?

Chris Webb:

Thanks for the name Chris. :smiley:

marktaff:
Regards Mark

Thanks for confirming Mark. :smiley:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
Double Jay were new furniture carriers from Liverpool they ran Volvo’s mainly…not sure if they are still in business not seen them on the road for a long time.

Regards Mark

I think you may be right Mark i havent seen one for years,theu used to deliver to a couple of places in Poole. :wink:

rigsby:
Hanson’s Sedon Atki is probably one of their swap bodied ones .They had some where the body could be swapped for a tank , I suppose a ding was par for the course with them . If you could see the nearside there is probably the blower gear for tank work with the fuel tank on the offside .

Cheers Rigsby for the info. :wink:

Suedehead:
Didn’t realise that Rex Trotman ran any Dafs. They were based at Purton Wilts and did a lot of euro work with Volvo F88s. F10s and F12s.

You never know whats gonna turn up chap ! :laughing:

kenfig bill:
["Chris Webb"I would say that BAR stands for B A Rogers from Skewen near Swansea,it does have a CY Swansea plate.

Thank the old man for the info Geraint ! :smiley:

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:

Regards Mark

Hi Geriant,
Yes your old man is right Brian Rogers did haul the scrap out of Giants Grave…Thomas Ward cut the old ships up …most of the scrap went in to the Spencer Works in Newport…Llanwern today…as a young lad I went with my old man on Saturdays also hauling the scrap out of Wards up to the Spencer works to…Brian Rogers and Morris Bros were the main hauliers out of there…good Memories posting a pic of the Foden my old man drive for Morris Bros on that scrap run.

Regards Mark

40266370905_56b9b87cbd.jpg

Some cracking Tarmac wagons lately Deano old soc :sunglasses:

Many thanks for uploading ‘em kidda :smiley:

Cracking pic of your dads old Foden Mark. :smiley:

BonkeyDollocks:

:wink:

Hi dean ,roadline had a depot in skewen nr neath ,ups got it now,some roadline pics,the 4th pic has removal trucks in the background

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

smallcoal:
Hi dean ,roadline had a depot in skewen nr neath ,ups got it now,some roadline pics,the 4th pic has removal trucks in the background

Cheers John,Thanks for the pics, heres a bit more about Roadline. :wink:

Roadline were everywhere when i was a kid like TNT today !

Click on pages once or twice to read.

roadline 1978.jpg

advert roadline leyland.jpg

BonkeyDollocks:

Some odds and sods on Tarmac “BonkeyDollocks” :wink:

Click on pages once or twice to read.

2017-07-15 22.11.45.jpg

tarmac mag.PNG

tarmac 1977 ppg.PNG

advert archive tarmac.jpg

advert archive tarmac1.jpg

advert archive tarmac2.jpg

advert archive tarmac3.jpg

MDJ Light Bros DAF

P3260008p.JPG

Jentex MAN.

P3290035p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

P2180076p.JPG

Events MAN.

P3290129p.JPG

A.C.Wellard Iveco.

P3300007p.JPG

Think it says MHS on the Volvo ■■?

P3300013p.JPG

Cloburn Transport Scania.

P5270025p.JPG

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

P5300120p.JPG

Sherbourne Turf Iveco.

P7080044p.JPG

Shell DAF.

P8080054p.JPG

Some odds and sods.

Click on pages once / twice to read.

We have had some nice pics of Mornflake’s trucks on here. Advert from 1967.

1. One for “JAKEY”

brs 1973.PNG

1975 Cavewood.

1975 cavewood chesham.PNG

1975 Sadler.

1975 sadler atkinson borderer ppg.PNG

1975 Telehoist.

1975 telehoist ppg.jpg

1. Woodhouse.

1976 woodhouse.PNG

Some Welsh motors.

wales hills cardiff ppg.PNG

Pritchards DAF.

Phil Davies MAN.

Cardiff Galvanisers Volvo.

P1140427p.JPG

R.Hayader DAF.

Gerry Jones MAN.

Bectom DAF.

John R Morgan & Sons Volvo.

S.E.Broscombe Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

Anyone recognise the ERF or Ford ■■ There is a name on the ERF sheet ,cant make it out.

ARC Routeman.

Adam Foods DAF.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

Anyone recognise the Iveco ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Leyland Octopus ■■?

Haulmatic i think.

A03346.JPG

Shell ERF

A04501p.JPG

Charles Eady Volvo F88

A04533p.JPG

L.Forrester Transport Volvo F10.

A04642p.JPG

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Pritchards DAF.
Pritchards pontypool no longer with us they ran some nice trucks

Phil Davies MAN.

Cardiff Galvanisers Volvo.
Cardiff Galv are based in east moors rd Cardiff they also based in Swansea my mate Neil cooksly drives for them

R.Hayader DAF.

Gerry Jones MAN.

Bectom DAF.
Bectom was driven by my mate beastie who now works for granage rail

John R Morgan & Sons Volvo.

S.E.Broscombe Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Scania.