PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Some cranage haulage,the roadline ads are good mate

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the ERF or Ford ■■ There is a name on the ERF sheet ,cant make it out.

ARC Routeman.

Adam Foods DAF.

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

Anyone recognise the Iveco ■■?

Cant make the name out on the Leyland Octopus ■■?

Haulmatic i think.

Shell ERF

Charles Eady Volvo F88

L.Forrester Transport Volvo F10.

The ERF looks like it says Ferndown Transport on the sheet ?

Trucky Mc truckface:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the ERF or Ford ■■ There is a name on the ERF sheet ,cant make it out.
Hi Dean thanks for your time and great effort you have put in to this posting and shareing all these wouderful pictures again keep up with the brilliant work buddy Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

ARC Routeman.

Adam Foods DAF.

Haulmatic i think.

Shell ERF

Charles Eady Volvo F88

L.Forrester Transport Volvo F10.

DEANB:

ARC Routeman.

Adam Foods DAF.

Haulmatic i think.

Shell ERF

Charles Eady Volvo F88

L.Forrester Transport Volvo F10. Hello DEAN ,great to see one of Cyril Forresters F10s from Whixhall Shropshire ,a mate of mine used to drive for them ,can you tell us where that picture was taken ?
In the Welsh shots the Daf from Rhayader is that of Huw Roberts ,i think they have finished now , they did agriculture and timber work and would see them at Kronospan Chirk ,thank you Dean ,Trevor

0[/quote

Thank you DEANB and Paul GEE’S for the advert of the BRS crusader also the BRS seddon .

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

Pritchards DAF.

Phil Davies MAN.

Cardiff Galvanisers Volvo.

R.Hayader DAF.

Gerry Jones MAN.

Bectom DAF.

John R Morgan & Sons Volvo.

S.E.Broscombe Volvo.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

Hey Dean ,another Phil Davies of Sennybridge he has a very tidy line up now . John Morgan a very small but smart fleet from Newport Pembrokeshire, keep em rolling Dean ,thanx MT

Seen this new daf in hansons Swansea look at the side skirting lovely drawings on it

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the blue Mercedes loaded with wheel barrows ■■

Heanor Haulage DAF

Eden Vale Seddon Atkinson.

Material Movements Seddon Atkinson 301.

Kammac International Volvo. Were they based in Southampton,as i remember seeing them around that area alot.

Pitter Transport Iveco from Southampton.

I remember this DAF . Was owned by a fella who used to park in a yard at Longham that is now a nursery. Think he operated about 4/5 of these
blue DAF’s, and as seen here pulled alot for Container Link off Poole docks. Think his name was Chris something ■■ Ring any bells with anyone ■■
Yes This picture looks like it was taken c1988 at the Clock Garage roundabout nr. Poole with me driving A998 OBK which was owned by Chris Dare of Longham

Yeovil Transport Services Bedford.

Martin Male Scania.

C.R.Green Mercedes. Anyone know where they were from ■■?

smallcoal:
“DEANB”

Some Welsh motors.

Pritchards DAF.
Pritchards pontypool no longer with us they ran some nice trucks

Cardiff Galvanisers Volvo.
Cardiff Galv are based in east moors rd Cardiff they also based in Swansea my mate Neil cooksly drives for them

Bectom DAF.
Bectom was driven by my mate beastie who now works for granage rail

Thanks for the info John,nice pics of the DAF and the Cranage pics. :smiley: :wink:

Trucky Mc truckface:
“DEANB”

Top man,that sounds about right as Ferndown is only a couple of miles away from where this pic was taken. :wink:

ArcDaz:
Hi Dean thanks for your time and great effort you have put in to this posting and shareing all these wouderful pictures again keep up with the brilliant work buddy Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink:

:wink:

tastrucker:
L.Forrester Transport Volvo F10. Hello DEAN ,great to see one of Cyril Forresters F10s from Whixhall Shropshire ,a mate of mine used to drive for them ,can you tell us where that picture was taken ?
In the Welsh shots the Daf from Rhayader is that of Huw Roberts ,i think they have finished now , they did agriculture and timber work and would see them at Kronospan Chirk ,thank you Dean ,Trevor

Thanks for the comments Trevor. The Volvo was taken on the Ross by pass. :wink:

JAKEY:
Thank you DEANB and Paul GEE’S for the advert of the BRS crusader also the BRS seddon .

:wink:

MANTRONIC:
Hey Dean ,another Phil Davies of Sennybridge he has a very tidy line up now . John Morgan a very small but smart fleet from Newport Pembrokeshire, keep em rolling Dean ,thanx MT

Paul was in Newport recently MT, so will be intresting to see what motors he managed to photograph. :wink:

steam:
I remember this DAF . Was owned by a fella who used to park in a yard at Longham that is now a nursery. Think he operated about 4/5 of these
blue DAF’s, and as seen here pulled alot for Container Link off Poole docks. Think his name was Chris something ■■ Ring any bells with anyone ■■

Yes This picture looks like it was taken c1988 at the Clock Garage roundabout nr. Poole with me driving A998 OBK which was owned by Chris Dare of Longham

Thats him Chris Dare ! :smiley: Always nice when someone spots one of the trucks they have driven. How many did he operate i seem to remember
he had about 4/5 of those DAF’s ■■ Do you still live local “steam” as if you look through the thread you will see loads of companies you will know.

Heres another one of Chris Dare’s motors heading down Gravel hill. :wink:

marktaff:

kenfig bill:

marktaff:

Chris Webb:
I would say that BAR stands for B A Rogers from Skewen near Swansea,it does have a CY Swansea plate. :smiley:

Chris it is a Brian Rogers Atki…a scrap and coal haulier mainly back in the day…Brian is still around I moved him about 2 years ago when he down sized is home…nice guy to.

Regards Mark

Hello Dean and Mark …the old man says that Brian did a lot of scrap out of Giants Grave …when ship breaking was in full swing …hauling it to the various BSC plants …he also had Guy J and Seddon artics …nice one Dean …lol … Geraint

Hi Geriant,
Yes your old man is right Brian Rogers did haul the scrap out of Giants Grave…Thomas Ward cut the old ships up …most of the scrap went in to the Spencer Works in Newport…Llanwern today…as a young lad I went with my old man on Saturdays also hauling the scrap out of Wards up to the Spencer works to…Brian Rogers and Morris Bros were the main hauliers out of there…good Memories posting a pic of the Foden my old man drive for Morris Bros on that scrap run.

Regards Mark

Hello Mark and Chris,…yeah the old sage knows his stuff …been around a long time …great pic of Morris bros Foden with that steel cab …“WG” Davies at Morriston had a couple …and Blueline had sleeper cab version …Do you remember Walters Pontlliw …they too hauled scrap out of Giants Grave ? …and Dean as always awesome stuff …lol …Geriant .

kenfig bill:
Hello Mark and Chris,…yeah the old sage knows his stuff …been around a long time …great pic of Morris bros Foden with that steel cab …“WG” Davies at Morriston had a couple …and Blueline had sleeper cab version …Do you remember Walters Pontlliw …they too hauled scrap out of Giants Grave ? …and Dean as always awesome stuff …lol …Geriant .

Cheers Geriant. :wink:

Some more on Harold Wood.

BF0019.JPG

A00472.JPG

A01599.JPG

A02684.JPG

2017-07-20 19.30.32.jpg

2017-06-19 13.48.20.jpg

L0602p.JPG

Harold Wood articles.

Click on pages twice to read.

Volvo heading over the old Poole lifting bridge.

P1002548p.JPG

Anyone recognise the colour scheme on the Volvo ■■?

P1002267p.JPG

Dean & Dyball MAN.

P1002063p.JPG

Looks like an ex Post Office truck ■■

P1002271p.JPG

Scats ERF.

P1002097p.JPG

Anyone recognise the DAF ■■?

P1002025p.JPG

Hoase Hage & Mollichaff DAF.

P1002284p.JPG

Glenn Morry MAN.

P1002407p.JPG

Anyone recognise the Scania car transporter ■■?

P1002277p.JPG

Carlsberg -Tetly Volvo. The breweries really liked these little Volvo artics.

P1002273p.JPG

Peterbilts.

L0853p.JPG

L0953p.JPG

L1088p.JPG

L0975p.JPG

L1031p.JPG

L1251p.JPG

Click on pages twice to read.

Super truck 1983.

Some Welsh motors.

Click on pages once or twice where necessary.

wales williams bros1 ppg.PNG

Anyone recognise this driver ■■?

wales driver.PNG

S.R.Andrews Scania.

H.F.Owen Man.

G.Owens & Son Scania.

A.E.Gough & Sons Scania.

Mansel Davies Volvo.

Paul Gee recently visited Newport and walked across the Transporter bridge.

paulgee transporter bridge3.PNG.jpg

A bit about the Transporter bridge between Runcorn and Widnes.

Anyone recognise the Volvo bulker ■■ Pic taken on the Wimborne bypass.

Invercon DAF. What model is the car ■■

Marley Tiles Volvo F7.

McCarthy & Stone DAF.

Heres one for Patrick. Andrews Plant Hire Crusader from Wareham.

Morgan Antell Scania bulker. Buzzer or Harvey may know where they were based. I think it was North Dorset somewhere ■■

Wellcome ERF.

H.R.Transport Iveco. Anyone know where they were based ■■

B.R.Worton Foden. Again anyone know where they were based ■■

Solent Express Scania. Sounds like they were from Southampton way ■■