PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

L1409p.JPGWild’s Motors were from Altrincham near Manchester not be be confused with the Wild Group who were from the South West of England.

Adrian Cypher via Bubbleman sent me this picture back in 2009.
Its a 1974 registered Atkinson Searcher Reg No CMB 712N which i think was originally a flat and had the Riding’s sleeper fitted after being converted into a curtain-sider, Chris Gardner will know more. :smiley:

They ran a fleet of ERF’s later adding a few Volvo’s to their fleet in later years
Their original depot was on Manchester Road which is now occupied by Inchcape Volkswagen dealers.

Last i heard of them was in 2011 when they ran a this Volvo FH12 out of a shared yard on Atlantic Street Altrincham which today is now solely KDM Motortech.

moomooland:
4Wild’s Motors were from Altrincham near Manchester not be be confused with the Wild Group who were from the South West of England.
2Adrian Cypher via Bubbleman sent me this picture back in 2009.
Its a 1974 registered Atkinson Searcher Reg No CMB 712N which i think was originally a flat and had the Riding’s sleeper fitted after being converted into a curtain-sider, Chris Gardner will know more. :smiley:

1They ran a fleet of ERF’s later adding a few Volvo’s to their fleet in later years
Their original depot was on Manchester Road which is now occupied by Inchcape Volkswagen dealers.

0Last i heard of them was in 2011 when they ran a this Volvo FH12 out of a shared yard on Atlantic Street Altrincham which today is now solely KDM Motortech.

Cheers Paul, I must admit that searcher looks a cracking truck to look at.Those Atkinsons had so much
character ! Great pics and info as usual ! :laughing: :wink:

I wonder if any of the drivers that view this thread,or drivers that people know are in these old
truck magazines ■■ :smiley:

Click on pages twice to read.

DEANB:
Anyone remember this company ?

I miss the traditional sign writing on trucks,and the way alot of companies put there intials
on the front of the truck.

Click on pages twice to view.

That wasn’t the end of the story: after that, Steve converted it to a 38 tonner, with a trailing third axle

Jones SBD376M by Harry’s On The Road Truck Photos, on Flickr

240 Gardner:

DEANB:
Anyone remember this company ?
I miss the traditional sign writing on trucks,and the way alot of companies put there intials
on the front of the truck.

That wasn’t the end of the story: after that, Steve converted it to a 38 tonner, with a trailing third axle

Cheers Chris,its amazing how many trucks were altered back then ! Thanks for the pic. :laughing:

V.B.Davies Crusader.

A02677.JPG

Longcliffe Quarries Foden.

A02408.JPG

Redfern National Glass tidy Scania.

A02411.JPG

Glyn John Transport ERF

A02434.JPG

Pleatvale Transport tidy ERF

A02577.JPG

Thanks a million for the photo of John Prosser’s Maggie with the bulk tipping trailer. It’s the first time I’ve seen any of his fleet anywhere. He started out with an ex-Star Brick Company (South Wales) short wheelbase Guy 6-wheeled tipper which he bought from Young George Read of Mitcheldean. He slowly expanded the fleet, which was based at Monk Meadow Dock in Gloucester, eventually abandoning the tippers for an all-powder tank fleet, gaining business with Rugby Cement and Dragon Cement as well as operating on the spot hire market.
The orange & white livery was designed by John’s son and was always kept immaculate by most of the drivers; those who didn’t got the mickey taken out of them! Most of his work was hauling out of Sharpness and Newport with the Newport-based drivers sharing the use of a little Citroen van.
It was a good day when I was approached to join the firm, where I took over an almost new Daf 310ATI coupled to a Carmichael tipping tank. It remains one of my favourite lorries to this day.
When Sharpness Dock lost the contract for importing cement from Spain John sold the fleet, all except my vehicle which he sub-contracted to R.H.Stevens at Macclesfield with Stevens eventually buying the vehicle from Prosser, “as long as the driver comes with it”! The sweetener was that the pay was a tad more than I had been getting. As luck would have it, Stevens had a job which involved loading out of my area most Saturday mornings, which suited both parties.
Sadly, I didn’t take any photos of the Daf in the very smart Prosser livery, although I did take a couple when it was resprayed in Stevens’ colours. I have to say that John Prosser was just about the best employer I had in my fifty years of lorry driving and I would probably have stayed with him if circumstances had been different.

You would think there would be a few knocking about in Holland. I am sure someone posted a website
which dealt with old trucks but cant remember if that was on here or facebook ■■ :unamused:

This could be worth a try. trucks.nl :wink: :slight_smile:

Cheers Bob.

That must have been when you were getting too old for roping and sheeting then ? anon

Lovely set of photos today thanks… Especially like the Don Bush Scammell Routeman tipper. My dad had one of these brand new. Look at the air horns on the roof too!..

revman:

DEANB:
Swains of Stretton’s F88. Pretty sure this was draw-bar spec.

Glynn Morris Atkinson. Welsh ■■?

A rare Stonefield.

RTS ERF tanker.

Railside Volvo F10

R & D Transport from Cardiff.

London Carriers Seddon Atkinson.

Hopefully Oily or Dieseldog may know who this belonged to ■■?

Killingbeck. Chris will like this one.

E.Tomlinson ERF from Burton on Trent.love the B series later with Colson at Langley Mill

Now that is just one ■■■■■ hole of a yard ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Now that is just one [zb] hole of a yard ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Not nearly as bad as the old Star Cafe parking. :unamused:

DEANB:
Owner driver Don Bush. Not sure if he was on contract to EEC quarries or he may have bought
one of there old trucks.

Is that the same Don Bush that had a T45 cabbed Multi-drive artic tipper? I think it was a Scammell but it may have been a Roadtrain. He also had a couple of ERF E10 eight wheelers at the time - late eighties/early nineties I think. Based in Hampshire somewhere…

Piston broke:

DEANB:
Owner driver Don Bush. Not sure if he was on contract to EEC quarries or he may have bought
one of there old trucks.

Is that the same Don Bush that had a T45 cabbed Multi-drive artic tipper? I think it was a Scammell but it may have been a Roadtrain. He also had a couple of ERF E10 eight wheelers at the time - late eighties/early nineties I think. Based in Hampshire somewhere…

Hi Piston Broke,

Here it is same chap.

Thanks Dean for all your time and effort putting Paul’s photo’s on, he certainly took a few, they are excellent.

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
one of there old trucks.

Hi Piston Broke,

Here it is same chap.

Thanks Dean for all your time and effort putting Paul’s photo’s on, he certainly took a few, they are excellent.

Regards
Richard

They’re excellent pics, you never know what’s gonna turn up next. This thread is undoubtedly topic of the year! :smiley:

Loving all the tipper pics. The ARC Routeman is a classic. :sunglasses:

MaggieD:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
one of there old trucks.

Hi Piston Broke,

Here it is same chap.

Regards
Richard

Brilliant! Thanks Richard :smiley:

He used to come up to the Bristol area at times. Good idea in theory but the tare weight was soo heavy and, as you know, tippers are all about the tare…

Great looking lorry though… :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
102Thanks a million for the photo of John Prosser’s Maggie with the bulk tipping trailer. It’s the first time I’ve seen any of his fleet anywhere. He started out with an ex-Star Brick Company (South Wales) short wheelbase Guy 6-wheeled tipper which he bought from Young George Read of Mitcheldean. He slowly expanded the fleet, which was based at Monk Meadow Dock in Gloucester, eventually abandoning the tippers for an all-powder tank fleet, gaining business with Rugby Cement and Dragon Cement as well as operating on the spot hire market.
The orange & white livery was designed by John’s son and was always kept immaculate by most of the drivers; those who didn’t got the mickey taken out of them! Most of his work was hauling out of Sharpness and Newport with the Newport-based drivers sharing the use of a little Citroen van.
It was a good day when I was approached to join the firm, where I took over an almost new Daf 310ATI coupled to a Carmichael tipping tank. It remains one of my favourite lorries to this day.
When Sharpness Dock lost the contract for importing cement from Spain John sold the fleet, all except my vehicle which he sub-contracted to R.H.Stevens at Macclesfield with Stevens eventually buying the vehicle from Prosser, “as long as the driver comes with it”! The sweetener was that the pay was a tad more than I had been getting. As luck would have it, Stevens had a job which involved loading out of my area most Saturday mornings, which suited both parties.
Sadly, I didn’t take any photos of the Daf in the very smart Prosser livery, although I did take a couple when it was resprayed in Stevens’ colours. I have to say that John Prosser was just about the best employer I had in my fifty years of lorry driving and I would probably have stayed with him if circumstances had been different.

Hello “ROF” always nice when you see a company you worked for ! :laughing: I will have a word with Paul and
see if he has anymore out of the ones he has sorted out. :wink:

bobw:

You would think there would be a few knocking about in Holland. I am sure someone posted a websitewhich dealt with old trucks but cant remember if that was on here or facebook ■■ :unamused:

This could be worth a try. trucks.nl :wink: :slight_smile: Cheers Bob.

Cheers Bob ! :wink:

rigsby:
That must have been when you were getting too old for roping and sheeting then ? anon

:laughing:

Mark R:
Lovely set of photos today thanks… Especially like the Don Bush Scammell Routeman tipper. My dad had one of these brand new. Look at the air horns on the roof too!..

Thanks for the comment Mark, Paul will like that ! :laughing:

moomooland:

Bewick:
Now that is just one [zb] hole of a yard ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Not nearly as bad as the old Star Cafe parking. :unamused:

Horrible yards,cafe’s when there bloody great puddles everywhere !

Piston broke:

DEANB:
one of there old trucks.

Thats the one “Piston broke” :smiley:

MaggieD:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
one of there old trucks.

Hi Piston Broke,Here it is same chap.
Regards Richard

Thanks for posting the pic Richard ! :laughing: I thought it looked horrible to be honest but we all have
different tastes. I think his yard was somewhere near me ,possibly Verwood way not sure !!! There was an
article in one of the truck mags about that outfit. If i can find it i will pop it on. :wink:

BonkeyDollocks:

Piston broke:
one of there old trucks.

Hi Piston Broke,Here it is same chap.
Regards Richard

They’re excellent pics, you never know what’s gonna turn up next. This thread is undoubtedly topic of the year! :smiley:
Loving all the tipper pics. The ARC Routeman is a classic. :sunglasses:

Thanks “BonkeyDollocks”, Paul will appreciate your comments ! :laughing: :wink:

John W Warren F88

A02568.JPG

Owens Marathon.

A02573.JPG

Blue Circle Cement Leyland Bison.

A02564.JPG

Lyn Howels Transport F10

A02561.JPG

Anyone recognise the GUY ■■?

A02560.JPG