PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

moomooland:

DEANB:
Anyone remember J.Barrett from Oldham ■■

Sure do Dean. :smiley:
Known the family all my life and they are still going strong today.
Atkinson Mk1 six wheeler Reg No ODJ 706F was named ‘Pennine Gipsy’.
Powered by a Gardner 150 6LX engine it is pictured negotiating the hairpin bend at Greenfield Station in Saddleworth on the 22nd of August 1982.
Originally registered new to Tabern’s of St Helens on the 1st of November 1967 it was sold on and bought for preservation when Colin Barrett retired it.
J. Barretts old yard in Greenfield Saddleworth on the 19th of January 1984.
On the left is Atkinson Viewline 4x2 tractor unit Reg No WWT 909G ‘Pennine Warrior’.
Registered new on the 28th of January 1969 to Robert Fletcher Paper Mills Ltd WWT 909G was saved for preservation and is still on the road today.
On the right is AEC Mercury four wheeler rigid Reg No HBA 327N ‘Pennine Lad’ which was registered new on the 18th of February 1975.
Barretts yard and garage in Greenfield has long since gone with the business relocated to Oldham while the Kingfisher country pub/restaurant now stands on the site.
Seddon Atkinson 401 series 4x2 tractor unit Reg No A358 CVO ‘Pennine Reliance’ was registered new on the 1st of January 1984.
Powered by a Rolls Royce 265 engine it has been used as a yard shunter for quite a while and was still going strong at 27 years old in February 2011.
A pair of ‘E’ Series ERF tractor units await their fate in the graveyard in Barrett’s yard Oldham in February 2011.
In the foreground is Reg No E50 CCX ‘Pennine President’ which was originally registered new on the 1st of August 1987 while the other ERF in the background is ‘Pennine Trooper’ reg no unknown.
ERF EC14 6X2 tractor unit Reg No K500 ERF ‘Pennine Vanguard’ was the first 500 horse powered ERF built by the manufacturer.
Registered new on the 2nd of April 1993 it was originally used as an ERF demonstrator before being sold to Scottish operator Kildonan Transport and later to Barrett’s where it is seen parked outside the garage in Barretts yard at Oldham in February 2011.
ERF ‘C’ Series 6x4 tractor unit Reg No C717 FOD ‘Pennine Prince’ was registered new on the 8th of January 1986.
It is seen here in February 2011 parked outside the traffic office at Barrett’s yard on Wellyhole Street in Oldham while coupled to a tri-axle tanker trailer used for the transportation of Latex foam.
ERF E14 6x2 tractor unit Reg No E414 UHS, named ‘Pennine Defender’, was originally registered new to W H Malcolm Limited of Renfrewshire on the 1st of September 1987.
It is seen here 22 years later and still going strong in March 2009 while parked up after making a delivery to premises on Garden Street in Ramsbottom.
Another shoy of ERF E14 6x2 tractor unit Reg No E414 UHS ‘Pennine Defender’ as it makes its way up Bridge Street in the centre of Ramsbottom in March 2009 while hauling one of Barrett’s tandem axle tanker trailers.
One of Barrett’s more recent additions to the fleet is this ex Hoyer’s ERF 6x2 tractor unit Reg No ERF DK55 DMZ seen here parked in Marsden West Yorkshire. This particular photograph comes courtesy of Stewart Kaye.

Fabulous photos and history there Paul. Brilliant post. I did not recall that company but the Viewline pic
looks familiar and i assume i have seen it on the Viewline thread. They certainly got there moneys worth
out of the 401 ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
Atkinson Mk II 4x2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 510J was originally registered new to W & J Riding.Atkinson Mk II 4x2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 510J Fleet No 77, powered by a Gardner 180 engine, was registered new on the 5th of May 1971 costing £4,872 plus vat from the factory.
Seen here when new it was driven on a regular basis by the late Fred Wolstenholme, aka Pluto, and is pictured here at the premises of Hepworth Polva Plastics in Padiam near Burnley a company which manufactured plastic piping and guttering.
After a seven years service it was sold on to Tom Riding’s friend John Killingbeck of Blackburn on the 14th of August 1978 for £2,500 plus vat.
Another shot of ETF 510J after being sold on to John Killingbeck of Blackburn were it became No 27 in the fleet.
This pictured shows it heading up the A50 at Longton Stoke-on-Trent while hauling a Pandoro flat trailer loaded with steel pipes from the long gone Stanton & Staveley plant at Ilkeston in Derbyshire.

Good stuff again Paul ! Tom used to do really well selling his motors second hand. When you think he
worked it for 7 years and still got half of what he paid for it,that’s good business ! :smiley: :wink:

logger:

DEANB:
I.R.Dunkerley Foden.

Hi Dean Great to see another pic of a Dunkerleys lorry and all the other firms from the Bristol area most of them no longer around.Have attached the only dunkerleys pics I have from those days .
The first was taken of trucks in the yard,the second was a Trailer and crane we built up for export.Jeff

Thanks Jeff for the photos ! I think thats the only one although there may be some in the next batch
you never know. :wink:

ramone:

moomooland:

DEANB:
Anyone remember J.Barrett from Oldham ■■

Sure do Dean. :smiley:
Known the family all my life and they are still going strong today.

Some great photos there , I delivered glass weekly to a mill in Greenfield and remember the bend near the station. I also remember Pennine Lad , that was always around Huddersfield. I bet the 500 ERF took a few by surprise up windy hill

Thanks for your comments “ramone” :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
I used to negotiate that hairpin bend quite regularly with an extended trombone trailer. Can’t count the number of times I had to stop because some prat kept coming through despite the ever-decreasing gap!

Nothing surprises me “ROF” ,even worse these days with the sheer volume of traffic and the amount
of total retards aiming vehicles ! :laughing: :wink:

gazsa401:
Going back to the day cabbed Barrett’s SA 401
A358 CVO at Stirlands we had a A357 CVO fitted with a Gardner Turbo

Cheers “gazsa401” :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
That looks suspiciously like a Motor Panels cab! Robert

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

jshepguis:
Stonefield were built or had some tie in with Volvo Ailsa trucks IIRC. We had 2 where i served my time, they were 4x4 design for off road use the one in the picture was being used the same as ours for pulling drillings rigs for sampling. They were a desaign to compete with the likes of Unimog and Land Rover. The engine was the V6 Ford Essex 3.0 petrol engine from out of the Granadas etc.
with an auto matic gearbox. I think a few fire brigades around the country bought some for more remote areas.

Thanks “jshepguis” i think i have an article about Stonefield somewhere. :wink:

bazztrucker:
Hi dean, the glyn morris red atki was lea nr ross on wye

Thanks for that Bazz,not far from Wales then ! :laughing: :laughing:

240 Gardner:

moomooland:
2Atkinson Mk II 4x2 tractor unit Reg No ETF 510J was originally registered new to W & J Riding.

Thanks Dean, yes I did like it! I knew Paul would be in there sharpish with the Riding info :wink:

Indeed Chris, Paul is on the ball today !! :sunglasses:

moomooland:
The Stonefield saga is a long one which left a sour taste for the people who once worked there.
Stonefield Vehicles was founded by the late Jim McKelvie, who was instrumental in launching Volvo commercial vehicles in Great Britain.
When Volvo Sweden wouldn’t bring in the Volvo Laplander to Britain he decided to build a competitor and Stonefield was born.

Another really good post Paul. Thanks for posting. :laughing:

Thanks again to yourself Dean and Paul :smiley:
Car and Commercial Deliveries of Birmingham with a load of Triumph Dolomites, Dieseldog will know more about the firm, from what I can remember they lasted a fair while without takeover if ever.
Oily
p.s. Putting the copyright mark(bold text) within the image frame would deter would be pirates looking to sell on.
Oily

Paul Gee A02493 Paul .JPG

Brindley Transport Scania.

A02389.JPG

Darbyshire & Horabin Seddon Atkinson.

A02390.JPG

Wheelers Transport DAF

A02391.JPG

MVE Haulage MAN

A02392.JPG

John Prosser Maggie bulker.

A02394.JPG

Frams Filters Transcon.

A02395.JPG

Containerway Waste Disposal Volvo F7

A02396.JPG

SMS Seddon Atkinson.

A02397.JPG

Oscar JW Johnson Foden.

A02398.JPG

Redfern ERF

A02399.JPG

Hrs I’m looking for a left ■■■■■■ 3300 any more info on it please il travel anywhere doesn’t bother me or if anybody news for one thanks regards rowley

DEANB:
Baldrys Transport F10

Robbins Crusader from Swansea.

RHP Crusader.

Freightliner Seddon Atkinson.

Spencer DAF

British Industrial Sand ERF

SW Bowkett ERF

Doulton Glass Industries Ford

John Bevan DAF

Abemant Transport Atkinson.

Hi DEAN ,awesome stuff love the Bouldry F10 ,from Orcup Hereford ,he was the first to purchase a Volvo F86 from Griffin Mill garages ,regards Keith

logger:

DEANB:
I.R.Dunkerley Foden.

Hi Dean
Great to see another pic of a Dunkerleys lorry and all the other firms from the Bristol area most of them no longer around . Have attached the only dunkerleys pics I have from those days .
The first was taken of trucks in the yard , the second was a Trailer and crane we built up for export .
Jeff

Hi Dean

I second all that logger said… Great pics of Dunkerleys. Great local firm with a hard worked but smart fleet. The Fodens, especially, were my favourites.

logger (Jeff) I guess you used to work for them? Didn’t they design and build their own roll along brick cranes on the trailers?

Just a useless piece of information for you - I live in the house that Sid Dunkerley (One of the sons of I.R ) bought for his daughter when it was built, in 1938 :slight_smile:

DEANB:
Frams Filters Transcon.

Containerway Waste Disposal Volvo F7

SMS Seddon Atkinson.

Oscar JW Johnson Foden.

Redfern ERF

Great pics again Dean :smiley:

Didn’t SMS (Skimmed Milk Supplies) have something to do with, or morph into, Taymix Transport?

That Oscar Johnson Foden looks like an ex-Kendrick motor…

DEANB:
Swains of Stretton’s F88. Pretty sure this was draw-bar spec.

Glynn Morris Atkinson. Welsh ■■?

A rare Stonefield.

RTS ERF tanker.

Railside Volvo F10

R & D Transport from Cardiff.

London Carriers Seddon Atkinson.

Hopefully Oily or Dieseldog may know who this belonged to ■■?

Killingbeck. Chris will like this one.

E.Tomlinson ERF from Burton on Trent.love the B series later with Colson at Langley Mill

Hi revman that’s a proper truck and yard scene ,not like today’s where everything is spotless and tidy :smiley:

rward:
Hrs I’m looking for a left ■■■■■■ 3300 any more info on it please il travel anywhere doesn’t bother me or if anybody news for one thanks regards rowley

Hi Rowley, I will make a few calls but time may well be against us with that one in Crete.
The metal moth liked the DAF but there must be one somewhere, cheers Harvey

smallcoal:

HRS:
They do run some “new” ish trucks as well. Harvey

That’s one hell of a axle set up on that truck :smiley:

Owner driver.
6x4 with elec/hyd twin steer, all low profile. ( low bridges).
All he carries is dead cut up olive trees, this pic is of it opposit the yard. Harvey

oiltreader:
Thanks again to yourself Dean and Paul :smiley:
Car and Commercial Deliveries of Birmingham with a load of Triumph Dolomites, Dieseldog will know more about the firm, from what I can remember they lasted a fair while without takeover if ever.Oily
p.s. Putting the copyright mark(bold text) within the image frame would deter would be pirates looking to sell on.Oily

Thanks Oily for the information ! I liked the old Dolomite Sprint,quick car in its day. From memory it
had an overdrive on 3rd and 5th gears ■■? :unamused:

kingswinford kit:
[quote=“DEANB”
Baldrys Transport F10

Hi DEAN ,awesome stuff love the Bouldry F10 ,from Orcup Hereford ,he was the first to purchase a Volvo F86 from Griffin Mill garages ,regards Keith
[/quote]
Thanks keith,pretty sure we had a pic of one of his F86’s on here recently. :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Piston broke:
Hi Dean
I second all that logger said… Great pics of Dunkerleys. Great local firm with a hard worked but smart fleet. The Fodens, especially, were my favourites.
logger (Jeff) I guess you used to work for them? Didn’t they design and build their own roll along brick cranes on the trailers?
Just a useless piece of information for you - I live in the house that Sid Dunkerley (One of the sons of I.R ) bought for his daughter when it was built, in 1938 :slight_smile:

Thanks “Piston broke” for your comments ! :wink:

revman:
E.Tomlinson ERF from Burton on Trent.love the B series later with Colson at Langley Mill

Thanks for the pics and info “revman” :smiley:

smallcoal:
Hi revman that’s a proper truck and yard scene ,not like today’s where everything is spotless and tidy :smiley:

:laughing:

HRS:
Hi Rowley, I will make a few calls but time may well be against us with that one in Crete.
The metal moth liked the DAF but there must be one somewhere, cheers Harvey

You would think there would be a few knocking about in Holland. I am sure someone posted a website
which dealt with old trucks but cant remember if that was on here or facebook ■■ :unamused:

HRS:

smallcoal:

HRS:
They do run some “new” ish trucks as well. Harvey

That’s one hell of a axle set up on that truck :smiley:

Owner driver.
6x4 with elec/hyd twin steer, all low profile. ( low bridges).
All he carries is dead cut up olive trees, this pic is of it opposit the yard. Harvey

Cheers Harvey ! :smiley:

I think it says Johnson Bros on the ERF ■■

L1517p.JPG

Is this Tank Freight Chris Webb ■■

L1515p.JPG

One for Oily,The Autocar Transport Group taken at Poole docks.

L1473p.JPG

Bonkeydollocks will like this one.

L1456p.JPG

Redlands Marathon taken at there Branksome depot.

L1440p.JPG

F.J.Diment Seddon Atkinson. They were coal merchants/hauliers from Bournemouth.

L1437p.JPG

Owner driver Don Bush. Not sure if he was on contract to EEC quarries or he may have bought
one of there old trucks.

L1427p.JPG

Minster Fuels tanker.There original yard was about a mile from my house.

L1425p.JPG

Wilds Motors Seddon Atkinson in Poole.

L1409p.JPG

Spent hours delivering in Christopher Hills yard in Poole as a kid.They have built a large
Asda on the site now.

L1408p.JPG

One for Paul Gee. If you remember Paul liked the marina van as he had one ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Click on pages twice to view.

Anyone remember this company ?

I miss the traditional sign writing on trucks,and the way alot of companies put there intials
on the front of the truck.

Click on pages twice to view.