PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

A few period adverts.

Click on pages twice to read.

I reckon a few of the Northern drivers would have seen this ERF about as it had a long working life.

A02523.JPGHarrisons of Holmes near Preston are still very much in business today.

Harrisons Transport

Lee Harrison, whose father originally owned Harrisons of Holmes, is now the owner of Harrisons.

Lee sent me a few pictures a while back of including a couple of these Leyland Octopus lorries that his father ran.
MTE 980G was named ‘Diana’ after the film ‘The Long Haul’ which starred Diana Dors and the famous Leyland Octopus.

One of Harrisons Volvo FH12 tractor units.

LH11LCH2.jpgLH11 LCH just out of the paint shop when brand new.

Hiya Dean,Magic pics from Paul again…to add to MooMoo’s posting heres a couple of pics I took of Harrisons Fiats,I remember both lorries had been brush painted by somebody who knew what they were doing…more useless info,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi Paul Gees
your photos you are posting on this site are excellent i am loving them all they take me back from my child hood days
companys like ARC Blue Circle Cement Hall Aggs and plenty more the Scammell Routemans Leyland bisons Maggies and other tippers and tankers
have you got any lorry photos from London area is there any chance i can have some copies for my own use only to put in my photo albums
Keep up the great work and hope to here from you soon
Regards
ARC Daz :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :frowning:

A couple here for R.O.F transportphotos.com/road/photos

CZC00075-02.jpg
JLC00280-02.jpg
And one for Paul (moomooland)

JLC00204-03.jpg

TruckNetUK.Old Time Lorries. Paul Gee’s Photo Collection. VALKYRIE

QUOTE:Anyone recognise the GUY ■■? UNQUOTE.

Going by it’s main yellow livery,registration and wood freight load this Guy lorry is:-

Guy Big J4T 4x2-4,Flat-Bodied,Articulated Lorry,BDT 359T.Arnold Laver Wood Timber Merchants,Sheffield.

Arnold Laver also operated Foden lorries over the years.

NOTE: I tried to copy and reproduce Paul Gee’s photograph of this Guy,but the photograph turned out blank in my files.Has Paul clamped
down on people copying his photographs? :question: I don’t think I’ve had any similar problems in the past…or were they other people’s photographs on
this thread? :question:

VALKYRIE

VALKYRIE:

Going by it’s main yellow livery,registration and wood freight load this Guy lorry is:-

Guy Big J4T 4x2-4,Flat-Bodied,Articulated Lorry,BDT 359T.Arnold Laver Wood Timber Merchants,Sheffield.

NOTE: I tried to copy and reproduce Paul Gee’s photograph of this Guy,but the photograph turned out blank in my files.Has Paul clamped
down on people copying his photographs? :question: I don’t think I’ve had any similar problems in the past…or were they other people’s photographs on
this thread? :question:

VALKYRIE

This looks very much like a Peter Davies photo so I hope he doesn’t mind me posting it.
Arnold Laver did run Fodens as VALKYRIE says,they hung onto their wagons for years,had a huge yard on Queens Road Sheffield as well as a place in Chesterfield and also Hull where most of their imported timber came from.

laver.jpg

moomooland:
4Harrisons of Holmes near Preston are still very much in business today.
Lee Harrison, whose father originally owned Harrisons of Holmes, is now the owner of Harrisons.
Lee sent me a few pictures a while back of including a couple of these Leyland Octopus lorries that his father ran.MTE 980G was named ‘Diana’ after the film ‘The Long Haul’ which starred Diana Dors and the famous Leyland Octopus.One of Harrisons Volvo FH12 tractor units.
LH11 LCH just out of the paint shop when brand new.

Great pics of the Octopus Paul,thanks for posting chap. :smiley: :wink:

bubbleman:
Hiya Dean,Magic pics from Paul again…to add to MooMoo’s posting heres a couple of pics I took of Harrisons Fiats,I remember both lorries had been brush painted by somebody who knew what they were doing…more useless info,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks Bubbs,appreciate the pics ! :wink:

ArcDaz:
Hi Paul Gees
your photos you are posting on this site are excellent i am loving them all they take me back from my child hood days companys like ARC Blue Circle Cement Hall Aggs and plenty more the Scammell Routemans Leyland bisons Maggies and other tippers and tankershave you got any lorry photos from London area is there any chance i can have some copies for my own use only to put in my photo albums Keep up the great work and hope to here from you soon Regards ARC Daz :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :frowning:

Paul will like that comment Daz ! :laughing: I will send you a PM re pics. :wink:

Stanfield:
And one for Paul (moomooland)

Thanks for the pics John ! :smiley:

VALKYRIE:

NOTE: I tried to copy and reproduce Paul Gee’s photograph of this Guy,but the photograph turned out blank in my files.Has Paul clamped down on people copying his photographs? :question: I don’t think I’ve had any similar problems in the past…or were they other people’s photographs on this thread? :question: VALKYRIE

Thanks for the name for the GUY ! “VALKYRIE” :smiley:

Chris Webb:
This looks very much like a Peter Davies photo so I hope he doesn’t mind me posting it.
Arnold Laver did run Fodens as VALKYRIE says,they hung onto their wagons for years,had a huge yard on Queens Road Sheffield as well as a place in Chesterfield and also Hull where most of their imported timber came from.

Thanks Chris for the pic and info. :smiley: :wink:

Lloyds of Ludlow F88

A02430.JPG

V.W.Hunt’s tidy Volvo F86 bulker.

A02162.JPG

K.J.Robinson DAF 2800

A01869.JPG

Wotton Roadstone Routeman

A01900.JPG

David Hathaway DAF bulker.

A01904.JPG

Murfitts Volvo F10

A02015.JPG

Cardiff Transport MAN

A02060.JPG

J & J Transport Berliet.

A02207.JPG

Owens Bedford.

A02219.JPG

Leggett Freightways Atkinson.

A01721.JPG

BonkeyDollocks:

MaggieD:

Piston broke:

DEANB:
Owner driver Don Bush. Not sure if he was on contract to EEC quarries or he may have bought
one of there old trucks.
Is that the same Don Bush that had a T45 cabbed Multi-drive artic tipper? I think it was a Scammell but it may have been a Roadtrain. He also had a couple of ERF E10 eight wheelers at the time - late eighties/early nineties I think. Based in Hampshire somewhere…

Hi Piston Broke,
Here it is same chap.
Thanks Dean for all your time and effort putting Paul’s photo’s on, he certainly took a few, they are excellent.

Regards
Richard

They’re excellent pics, you never know what’s gonna turn up next. This thread is undoubtedly topic of the year! :smiley:

Loving all the tipper pics. The ARC Routeman is a classic. :sunglasses:

“MarkR”, “BonkeyDollocks”, “Piston broke”, and “MaggieD” you all liked Don Bush’s trucks.

Heres his multi-drive Scammell. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

Some period adverts.

Clickon pages twice to view.

ad cm aec   1969 posted tn.jpg

Thanks Dean, my dad drove tippers when I was a kid so always had a soft spot for them. I was a tipper driver myself for a while too many years ago until I went on fridge work 20 odd years ago. Great photos again today mate thanks.

Morning dean, great shot of the david hathaway daf. remember running with him when he had 1 lorry, an atki eight legger bulker, we both subbed for Jeff bromilow(rip) clutton ,somerset, hathaways now run a large fleet of curtainsiders.

DEANB:
I reckon a few of the Northern drivers would have seen this ERF about as it had a long working life.

Nelstrop’s always liked to get their money’s worth out of a tanker, the AEC Mammoth Major was 18 years old when I photographed it at Walsall in July 1990.

Nelstrops MM8.jpg

Stanfield:

Thanks, John. I remember both of those- where have all the years gone?!?!

gingerfold:
Nelstrop’s always liked to get their money’s worth out of a tanker, the AEC Mammoth Major was 18 years old when I photographed it at Walsall in July 1990

Nelstrops MM8-001.jpg

William Nelstrop & Co. Ltd of Albion Mills Stockport ran this
Leyland AEC Mammoth Major 8 tanker Reg No OVO 464L which was registered new in August 1972.
Seen here in 1992 while parked in the depot at Stockport Nelstrop’s ran this vehicle for an astonishing 22 years
until it was withdrawn in March 1994.

It was originally painted in Nelstrops blue livery as can be seen in this picture below…

Mammoth Major, OVO 464L.jpg
Nelstrop Flour Millers History

Mark R:
Thanks Dean, my dad drove tippers when I was a kid so always had a soft spot for them. I was a tipper driver myself for a while too many years ago until I went on fridge work 20 odd years ago. Great photos again today mate thanks.

Cheers Mark, any pics of your dads old motors ■■ :wink:

bazztrucker:
Morning dean, great shot of the david hathaway daf. remember running with him when he had 1 lorry, an atki eight legger bulker, we both subbed for Jeff bromilow(rip) clutton ,somerset, hathaways now run a large fleet of curtainsiders.

Cheers “bazztrucker” ,any pics of the Atki ■■ :smiley:

gingerfold:

DEANB:

Nelstrop’s always liked to get their money’s worth out of a tanker, the AEC Mammoth Major was 18 years old when I photographed it at Walsall in July 1990.

Nice pic Graham,thanks for posting. I suppose they run there trucks for so long is because the article
said it was on local work. :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:

Stanfield:

Thanks, John. I remember both of those- where have all the years gone?!?!

:unamused:

moomooland:

gingerfold:
Nelstrop’s always liked to get their money’s worth out of a tanker, the AEC Mammoth Major was 18 years old when I photographed it at Walsall in July 1990

William Nelstrop & Co. Ltd of Albion Mills Stockport ran this
Leyland AEC Mammoth Major 8 tanker Reg No OVO 464L which was registered new in August 1972.
Seen here in 1992 while parked in the depot at Stockport Nelstrop’s ran this vehicle for an astonishing 22 years
until it was withdrawn in March 1994.
It was originally painted in Nelstrops blue livery as can be seen in this picture below…

Thanks for the pic Paul ! :wink: I actually prefer the blue colour scheme ! :smiley:

S.Hannah Transport Mercedes.

A01801.JPG

Anyone recognise the Atkinson ■■? Cant make out the emblem above the headlights ■■

A01802.JPG

NEI ERF. I wonder what this truck carried as the sides are very low ■■?

A01805.JPG

Anyone recognise the Mercedes ■■?

A01816.JPG

H.Campey & Son Foden.

A01867.JPG

Anyone recognise the F86 ■■?

A01880.JPG

ICI ERF

A01895.JPG

Cater’s Bedford.

A01898.JPG

Big Transport Transcon tanker.