PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970’s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memories…
Regards Andrew.

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970’s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memories…
Regards Andrew.

Their HQ was in Sheffield,a big company in it’s day,owning Ketton Cement and Castle Cement and ship breakers at Briton Ferry as Andrew said and also at Rosyth and Cairnryan.
It was taken over int 80s by Rio Tinto Zinc.
They employed “Lizzie” int First World War… :laughing:

TWWlizzie1.jpg

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Regards Andrew.

Their HQ was in Sheffield,a big company in it’s day,owning Ketton Cement and Castle Cement and ship breakers at Briton Ferry as Andrew said and also at Rosyth and Cairnryan.

hi chris,
i was only a kid at the time.it seemed that every time i cycled to stormy down,there was always an ergomatic leyland or AEC or whatever being repaired.They scrapped ships at Britton Ferry wharf back then,it was known locally as giants grave.
regards Andrew.

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Regards Andrew.

Don’t laugh Chris but many many years ago Thos. Ward broke up ships at Morecambe alongside the stone jetty, apparently the Midland Railway paid them to stop and then they built the Midland Hotel.IIRC Wards also broke ships up in Barrow, Leyland 680 will have more info. Cheers Dennis.

The original Hereford Lightning… been passed a few times by these boys on the 49, :smiley:

A00384.JPG

Hi Paul John hope your well the Rhys Davis 88 I’m thinking it could be joey he liked a bit of bling great bloke. The name robin rings a bell and I well remember peters transcontine regards rowley

Chris Webb:

DEANB:
Bow Bells haulage Volvo F10
I remember Bow Bells Transport,they were something to do with Tower Hill Transport or Boston Stevedores as it was officially known.

Thanks for your input Chris ! :smiley:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970’s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memories…Regards Andrew.

Cheers Andrew, i think there may be some more of theres to come from memory. :wink:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Thanks for sharing the Thos.W.Ward image.During the 1970’s we must have repaired and painted hundreds of their lorries,they had a large scrap facility on Britton Ferry wharf back then.thanks for the memories…Regards Andrew.

Cheers Chris for that info,nice pic ! :smiley:

pete 359:

Chris Webb:

hi chris,
i was only a kid at the time.it seemed that every time i cycled to stormy down,there was always an ergomatic leyland or AEC or whatever being repaired.They scrapped ships at Britton Ferry wharf back then,it was known locally as giants grave.
regards Andrew.

:laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

pete 359:
Hi Dean,
Don’t laugh Chris but many many years ago Thos. Ward broke up ships at Morecambe alongside the stone jetty, apparently the Midland Railway paid them to stop and then they built the Midland Hotel.IIRC Wards also broke ships up in Barrow, Leyland 680 will have more info. Cheers Dennis.

You have a good memory Dennis,with regard to all the stuff you remember ! :wink:

steelboyf10:
The original Hereford Lightning… been passed a few times by these boys on the 49, :smiley:

Thats why they were known as “290 flying machines” most drivers never bothered with the
inside lane “steelboyf10”. Normal procedure,join motorway indicate right move to the
middle lane and go into warp mode !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Mind you i do also like that name “Hereford Lightning” ,quality ! :wink:

rward:
Hi Paul John hope your well the Rhys Davis 88 I’m thinking it could be joey he liked a bit of bling great bloke. The name robin rings a bell and I well remember peters transcontine regards rowley

Cheers Rowley ! :wink:

I dont know if this company is still operating,but i am sure some of you Northern drivers will
remember these. Darlingtons.

Click on pages twice to view.

One for “rigsby”

Glad you are on the mend Dave ! :wink:

F.R.Somerset, smart ERF.

A01789.JPG

Is that you driving Dave ■■?

Not me dean , it’s Fred ? lived on the next street to me . He worked for old Ronnie and then his son Robert for years , he was still there when I started in the 90s . When he finished at Somerset’s he drove that erf tanker for Walsh’s of Haslington until he retired . Dammit , as soon as I click submit I’ll remember his name .Dave

rigsby:
Not me dean , it’s Fred ? lived on the next street to me . He worked for old Ronnie and then his son Robert for years , he was still there when I started in the 90s . When he finished at Somerset’s he drove that erf tanker for Walsh’s of Haslington until he retired . Dammit , as soon as I click submit I’ll remember his name .Dave

Cheers Dave ! :wink:

Glyn S John Atkinson.Nice Capri overtaking.

A02237.JPG

John Willets heavy haulage Mercedes.

A02235.JPG

Lucas Girling Transcon.

A02238.JPG

Swifts Transport F7

A02239.JPG

DC Jeakins Seddon Atkinson.

A02240.JPG

E. Warners Mercedes.

A02241.JPG

Thos Simms Marathon.

A02242 fb.JPG

Wrekin Roadways Foden.

A02244.JPG

Dimag Transport MAN

A02246.JPG

We had a pic of a Marathon tanker the same as this a while back,did we ever get a name for
the company ■■? :unamused:

A02247.JPG

not sure but aren’t them norman lewis colours.

We had a pic of a Marathon tanker the same as this a while back,did we ever get a name for

[/quote]
I can’t remember if we did get an answer Dean :unamused: . I suggested Runcorn Transport Services or Leathers Chemicals or maybe even Buckleys,it does have the ED Warrington reg plate.
Somebody will tell us I’m sure… :smiley:

m.a.n rules:
not sure but aren’t them norman lewis colours.

Possibly mate, i dont know ■■ :unamused:

Chris Webb:
I can’t remember if we did get an answer Dean :unamused: . I suggested Runcorn Transport Services or Leathers Chemicals or maybe even Buckleys,it does have the ED Warrington reg plate.
Somebody will tell us I’m sure… :smiley:

Like you say Chris,hopefully someone will know for sure ! :laughing:

Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

L0559.JPG

Jones transport DAF

L0571p.JPG

Wallis’s tidy Foden

L0452p.JPG

Moores ERF,with an Allegro shed behind !

L0573p.JPG

British Salt Foden.

L0517p.JPG

G.E.Timmins Foden

Denby Crusader.

L0581p.JPG

A.Leech & Sons ERF

L0599p.JPG

Chamberlain ERF

L0612p.JPG

Palmglow Seddon Atkinson.

L0618p.JPG

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the ERF ■■

I wondered if the ERF was ex Wilsons Transport Stockport,later Ardwick,I know they ran at least two six leggers.
It does have a Stockport reg plate although Wilsons were yellow,maybe it’s had a respray?

Chris Webb:

TWWlizzie1.jpg

Did she do the night TRUNK. :laughing:

Been told by his son that the driver of the Smith Bros ERF, was Peter Fraser from Silloth, who later had his own motors.

Keep these great pics coming Dean. :wink:

robroy:

Chris Webb:

Did she do the night TRUNK. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Attercliffe Road to Savile Street.