robroy:

Chris Webb:
They employed “Lizzie” int First World War… :laughing:

Did she do the night TRUNK. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Attercliffe Road to Savile Street.

Was it loaded on a Jumbo Trailer? :smiley:

…OK enough, I’ll stop now. :blush: :smiley:

that 6 legger with the stockport reg chris looks like one of h.warburtons ex motors they kept a tidy fleet

robroy:

Chris Webb:

robroy:

Chris Webb:

Looks like Nelly The Elephant !! Regards, Ray.

To keep you entertained while Dean is busy elsewhere who can name the manufacturer of this Chinese six?

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Looks like Nelly The Elephant !! Regards, Ray.
[/quote]
Let’s get serious :slight_smile: :E.Brown & Sons Haulage Ltd of Beverley had headboards on their lorries with an Elephant’s head and trunk and stated Hull & London Nightly Trunk Service.

Leyland Comet,4x2 Lorry,NFW 559,1955-1956.E.Brown & Sons Haulage Ltd,Beverley,East Yorkshire,Fleet No.34.Trunk service headboard.Peter Davies,Ergocabb.

moomooland:
0To keep you entertained while Dean is busy elsewhere who can name the manufacturer of this Chinese six?

As the registration VB is a London one, I would hazard a guess as Park Royal ?

moomooland:
0To keep you entertained while Dean is busy elsewhere who can name the manufacturer of this Chinese six?

It’s a Rutland-MTN-Manton Stuka 6x2 twin steer Chinese Six Lorry,with lefthand drive built for export and sold under the MTN marque name.According to information,if it was sold in the United Kingdom it would have had the Rutland marque name,be righthand drive and have the Condor model name.

I saw the R logo on the radiator and put two and two together and got FIVE! This is the first time I have heard of this marque.

Yep,it is a Rutland.VB is an old Croydon Reg. and IIRC,they were built at New Addington,Vulcan Way or thereabouts.Regards,900x20. :slight_smile: :wink:

Pennineman:
I saw the R logo on the radiator and put two and two together and got FIVE! This is the first time I have heard of this marque.

It was built by a company formed by Frank Manton in 1947 who started building his own trucks called the Manton.
The company itself was called Motor Traction Ltd of New Addington near Croydon, but was sometimes referred to also as Manton Motors.
Only a few were built and sold in the UK which were known as ‘Rutland’ they didn’t last long as in 1957 the company ceased trading.
In the picture below you can see the Manton sign on the left.

Rutland Eagle-001.JPGHere’s a preserved Rutland Eagle

moomooland:

Pennineman:

It was built by a company formed by Frank Manton in 1947 who started building his own trucks called the Manton.
The company itself was called Motor Traction Ltd of New Addington near Croydon, but was sometimes referred to also as Manton Motors.
Only a few were built and sold in the UK which were known as ‘Rutland’ they didn’t last long as in 1957 the company ceased trading.
In the picture below you can see the Manton sign on the left.

0Here’s a preserved Rutland Eagle

The evidence was obscured in the original photo not that it would make much difference to myself having never seen one of these let alone heard of it…Good to see something I’ve not seen before. Thanks for posting.

More on the Rutland with a info on the models here tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Motor_Traction_Ltd.
Oily

Thanks to you guys, I’ve actually learnt something today…

And me! Just shows, yer never too old to learn.

DEANB:
Glyn S John Atkinson.Nice Capri overtaking.

John Willets heavy haulage Mercedes.

Lucas Girling Transcon.

Swifts Transport F7

DC Jeakins Seddon Atkinson.

E. Warners Mercedes.

Thos Simms Marathon.good pic of Simm Marathon,ran out of London Scandanivian Rotherham, looks like a load of their stillages

Wrekin Roadways Foden.

Dimag Transport MAN

We had a pic of a Marathon tanker the same as this a while back,did we ever get a name for
the company ■■? :unamused:

Thanks to everyone for there comments over the last couple of days. Have had a few manic days will
pop some pics on tomorrow.

Thanks Paul for popping some bit and bobs on ! :wink:

Catto’s Marathon.

L0744.JPG

L0588p.JPG

Foden

Click on pages twice to view.

Volvo F88 off G.H.Wintle.

A02385.JPG

H.Morgan & Sons ERF . Think i will leave this one to Dennis !! :unamused:

A02248.JPG

Freeman GUY low loader.

A02254.JPG

DRG Plastics Mercedes.I wonder if the cars parked on the central reservation are doing a survey ■■

A02249.JPG

W.K.Edwards Seddon Atkinson bulker.

A02256.JPG

Hoveringham Foden.

A02269.JPG

Sharples Foden.

A02268.JPG

Dowty DAF

A02257.JPG

F.E.Hoad & Son’s tidy Scania.

A02258.JPG

I reckon Chris will like this one ! Marathon P & O.

A02245.JPG

Tidy 88 ! Look like Spiers and Hartwell.

L0762p.JPG

F88,Crow tanker.

L0756p.JPG

Tarmac Foden.

L0736p.JPG

Birchalls Atkinson.

L0636p.JPG

James Caffery Atkinson.

L0659p.JPG

Goodyear ERF tanker.

L0638p.JPG

Andrew will like this one Thos W Ward DAF

L0579p.JPG

T.Brady Scania.

L0607p.JPG

Earls Transport Volvo F86. Dont remember seeing many 8 wheelers with a rear lift ? There were
thousands of six wheelers fitted with rear lift.

L0703p.JPG

Anyone recognise the car transporter ■■ Colour looks familiar ■■

L0709p.JPG

Goodier & Sons

goodier.PNG

Click on pages twice to view.