Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Punchy Dan:

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
1DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

Nice to see another non-bling bling motor Dan, is that a addition to the fleet?

Thank you , it is an addition but I think I’ll leave it at that for now my spare time is still my own at the moment :wink:

Do you normally restore trailers in your spare time (looks the dog’s knob though :wink: )?

Surely it’s not a replacement for the Foden is it?

pv83:

Punchy Dan:

pv83:

Punchy Dan:
1DAF lettered up today ( yep I saved up ROF ) :laughing: just the illuminated headboard to get .

Nice to see another non-bling bling motor Dan, is that a addition to the fleet?

Thank you , it is an addition but I think I’ll leave it at that for now my spare time is still my own at the moment :wink:

Do you normally restore trailers in your spare time (looks the dog’s knob though :wink: )?

Surely it’s not a replacement for the Foden is it?

No it’s another addition but yes normally restoring something or just resurrecting :smiley:

Thanks to colinwallace1, Buzzer, pyewacket947v, Punchy Dan and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:

This photo by the late Ronnie Cameron was taken at Ness, Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides just about as far west as you can go in the British Isles.
Oily

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys,Eng

Shame these were never as good as they looked.
A ex MoD Leyland Martian wrecker.

Pretty sure i took these in Nairn Oily, mid 1990’s.

Colin.

Two fine British machines :smiley:

colinwallace1:
Pretty sure i took these in Nairn Oily, mid 1990’s.3210
Colin.

Yes Colin, Nairn the first photo on the A96 looking east, thanks for the photos :smiley:
Oily

Thanks to pyewacket947v, colinwallace1 and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Another Martian pyewacket947v, they look impressive, then again maybe a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Photo thanks to Michael Trolove.
Oily

49596D0C-0655-480D-BD40-A58DB6A82687.jpeg

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v, colinwallace1 and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Another Martian pyewacket947v, they look impressive, then again maybe a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Photo thanks to Michael Trolove.
Oily

` Yes, that one looks great…
suspect weak clutch i believe.

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys. ENG

Last pic from this location…
Another doomed Thorneycroft Mighty Antar,

Back in the sixties a local garage ran a Martian as a breakdown, fitted with a straight eight Rolls petrol engine. Legend has it that the crew stopped a chap to ask directions and the guy asked about the oil running out underneath! They found a con rod had escaped through the crankcase. :unamused:

Pete.

Now loading this must take some skill, Buzzer

Thanks to pyewacket947v and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: .
From the Ronnie Cameron Collection a steamer on the back of an impressive looking F12
Oily

7 May 1985
A38,
Eggington
Derbys,Eng

Nice coffee pot Scammell Pioneer,
waiting the call to action.

Old tyme tanker today, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Old tyme tanker today, Buzzer

Nice one Buzzer, the drivers name is Harry Reilly with his 1963 Scammell Highwayman.
Oily

oiltreader:
From the Ronnie Cameron Collection a steamer on the back of an impressive looking F12
Oily

Holmere had some nice F88’s as well Oily. :wink:

Thanks to pyewacket947v and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Singles drive Scammell.

Scammell Ronnie 4496523345_891843e50f_b.jpg

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Oily

Holmere had some nice F88’s as well Oily. :wink:

Nice pics Dean and Mark thanks :smiley:
Oily

This Scammell tanker was restored by the late Tyson Burridge and kept in his collection until fairly recently changing ownership.

Cheers, Leyland 600