Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Well found oily,right description,wrong name though!

Not seen one of those before Buzzer,handy for small wall works.

David

5thwheel:
Well found oily,right description,wrong name though!

Not seen one of those before Buzzer,handy for small wall works.

David

Used to have similar but with ribbed rubber grippers on the ends for carrying vehicle batteries, much easier than carrying them with two hands out in front trying to avoid acid on the clothes! And when I was a nipper father and big brother both drove for a builder’s merchant, I used to ride out with them and remember seeing the labourers on site unloading bricks with a sleeve of inner tube over each hand.
Bernard

Few more randoms from Newcastle. Tyneside

Footbridge Lobley Hill Bank.jpg

CardenLloyd elswick works 1930.jpg

Another one Grey St Newcastle

Grey St Newcastle.jpg

few from Wearside Tyneside

Sundreland Gas Co..jpg

Sunderland Trolley Bus System.jpg

Sunderland Fire Service.jpg

Hi Tyneside, Thank you for posting these great photos from the past, Take care & stay safe my friend, Regards Larry.

Good pics Tyneside I would think the rail car has more to do with the Tram system, they still operated until 1954 and there was a Tram workshop off Hylton Road, likely where the car is travelling to. They were possibly a line test/maint car. Franky.

As above, thanks for all those pic’s to all who put them up. I wish I’d thought to take a few back in the day.

That AEC Mammoth brought back memories of Marston Valley as a kid helping to handball commons and sand face on. Just a cross round the back and we never lost one.

tyneside:
few from Wearside Tyneside

Link to Blackpool Trams site. Similar, if not the exact same one?
blackpool-trams.yolasite.com/ele … co-717.php
Built 1927, and first used as a coal wagon shunter by LNER. Currently used as shunter at tram museum Crich.

A couple of Louis Reece, Buzzer.

106740178_593895751542632_1271065573601096772_n.jpg

Thanks to Buzzer, VALKYRIE and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily

Spares at Haisthorpe, East Riding Yorkshire, courtesy of Ian S.

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, VALKYRIE and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily

Spares at Haisthorpe, East Riding Yorkshire, courtesy of Ian S.

Looking at that picture reminds of Jimmy Coates’ yard at Wardley :- " Leyland half shaft son, just climb up that heap of axles you will find one at about six or seven high. Don’t forget to take your ratchet and sockets up with you"

Tyneside

Ha aye I was in Coates yard quite a few times when I was in the Van Hee workshop, first visit I came across two Seddon J Reg 32:Four:220 cabs, one had been my Dad’s, I managed to get the small Seddon badge from the top of the front grille, I also found some old paperwork and payslips on the floor from the 70’s, interesting to read the take home money from back then it didn’t seem a lot even in the early 80’s. Franky.

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys, ENG

Bare bones of a Alvis Stalwart,or as suggested by ‘Ekawrecker’ a modified
Salamander fire machine., ex MoD as seen by auction No,
A variety of discarded cabs scattered around it.

pyewacket947v:
7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys, ENG

Bare bones of a Alvis Stalwart,or as suggested by ‘Ekawrecker’ a modified
Salamander fire machine., ex MoD as seen by auction No,
A variety of discarded cabs scattered around it.

Intresting pic. :wink:

alvis 62b ppg.PNG

Unusual bull bar on the old magnum

Thanks to pyewacket947v, DEANB and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A year or two ago and this fine wagon on it’s way to a second life with a fairground operator.

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v, DEANB and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

A year or two ago and this fine wagon on it’s way to a second life with a fairground operator.

Now oily, she could turn a old man’s eyes :stuck_out_tongue:

Line up of new Coles Cranes taken at the factory at Sunderland. I presume the ones with the T on the front are Thornycroft chassis but not sure what the other ones are, anybody any ideas??

Tyneside

Coles Cranes Sunderland.jpg

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys, ENG

Not sure about this one, another crane motor, less distinctive than the Hydracon,
No mistaking the Guy Big J in the background.