Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

kingswinford kit:

oiltreader:
Off ebay, the answer Spardo, rings in the bed leaving clear advert.
Oily

Hi Oily ,brilliant pic ,that Foden was later converted in to an artic ,regards Keith

Cheers Keith.
Oily

Chris Webb:

oiltreader:
Thanks to stevejones, Ray Smyth and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Turriff, that’s was my part of the country many years ago Buzzer.
A bit further south from Montrose.
Oily

Turriff is a nice town Oily.I went there many times to Caribonum Ltd up Market Hill Road with Toluene,Acetone and MEK in 70s.Canvey Island to Turriff was a good trip in a MK5 MM and Mandator. :smiley:
Had one or two pints in the Fife Arms……………… :laughing:

Did you understand the lingo(Doric) Chris :laughing: locally its ca’d Turra.
Oily

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer, Ray Smyth, Froggy55, jshepguis, ChrisArbon, coomsey and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley: .
The coomsey Hendrickson coal wagon photo a fine looking machine , another Hendrickson from Hajee.
Oily

Hendrickson cr Hajee cc by nc nd 2.0 29170482663_8cec565df9_o.jpg

Froggy55 pic FORD HERKIMER 1980 MYSTERY MEN - FORD TRUCK before the rust, made for a movie I guess?.
Oily
Edit google Mystery Men move truck to see a few more pics.

albion1938:

Buzzer:
Just to brighten the day, Do you remember post, Buzzer

The milk was “interesting” where I was at school -left out in the sun for a few hours, by time we got it nice and warm with little dots of butter starting to form on the top. Still here though, probably the orange juice, rosehip syrup (yum), cod liver oil (not so) and Virol shoved down my throat regularly.
Bernard

And the tins of dried milk. That is the Britain I grew up to love. Never felt any affinity to the Monarchy but my childhood, where I (we?) was taken care of by parents backed up by the Health Service and the extra “rations” is really where my heart is.

Thanks for posting the pics.

A Scammel today, Buzzer

91792528_2592883624258842_7698590313845096448_n.jpg

oiltreader:
Froggy55 pic FORD HERKIMER 1980 MYSTERY MEN - FORD TRUCK before the rust, made for a movie I guess?.
Oily

Mad Max ?

oiltreader:

Chris Webb:

oiltreader:
Thanks to stevejones, Ray Smyth and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Turriff, that’s was my part of the country many years ago Buzzer.
A bit further south from Montrose.
Oily

Turriff is a nice town Oily.I went there many times to Caribonum Ltd up Market Hill Road with Toluene,Acetone and MEK in 70s.Canvey Island to Turriff was a good trip in a MK5 MM and Mandator. :smiley:
Had one or two pints in the Fife Arms……………… :laughing:

Did you understand the lingo(Doric) Chris :laughing: locally its ca’d Turra.
Oily

I didn’t have a problem with Turriff dialect but the Doric from the Broch - Fraserburgh - was something else Oily.The digs were great and the old feller worked for the local council.We went for a “wee swalley” int Fife Arms one winter’s night,think it was 1974/5,could just make out the Northern Lights. He sniffed the air and said there would be snow overnight.He was spot on,it was drifting up to front room windows,a complete whiteout.I was there for three days,but with the help of a huge tractor and miles of hose borrowed from a place in town,my Mandator was towed up to Caribonum where I managed to pump load off through a fence to the storage tanks.I then backed down to main road with tractor steadying and got parked up.Happy days.

Thanks to Buzzer and Lawrence Dunbar for the Scammell pics :smiley: :smiley:
A tidy old un, all credit to scp for the photo.
Oily

ERF Btn TKN SCP ERF 48031938438_fb6c06f506_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Oily

Thanks! You’ve got it right.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQEw4k4T42Y

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer and Lawrence Dunbar for the Scammell pics :smiley: :smiley:
A tidy old un, all credit to scp for the photo.
Oily

Another one of Plant’s.

g plant crewe.PNG

early coffee stop tucumcaru new Mexico

Wagons MB used for testing… in the bottom pic, the flexibilty of the chassis was being tested…

No doubt, Mr. Pete Smith will have something to say about all this in 3…2…1… :laughing:

I hope the last one isn’t your usual standard of driving Patrick , I would love to know how it ended up in such a mess .
Whoever did it must be awarded 100% for effort .

rigsby:
I hope the last one isn’t your usual standard of driving Patrick , I would love to know how it ended up in such a mess .

All interesting photos but as to the last one, how would you do that? It didn’t crash into those doors and pretty sure it didn’t crash into anything, no damage at the front. Dropped from a height?

pv83:
Wagons MB used for testing… in the bottom pic, the flexibilty of the chassis was being tested…

No doubt, Mr. Pete Smith will have something to say about all this in 3…2…1… :laughing:

Did they pour molten cast iron in the mixer until the chassis folded?

Spardo:

rigsby:

All interesting photos but as to the last one, how would you do that? It didn’t crash into those doors and pretty sure it didn’t crash into anything, no damage at the front. Dropped from a height?

He got caught running bent :laughing:
Oily