Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

backsplice:
Hi Oily found these in a n old file from a couple of years ago

Cheers for the pic backsplice :smiley: another one from OZ with local cab and a mint example at home.
Oily

Morris OZ Bruce Paroissien cc by nc sa 2.0 3437739298_434ac0dc8f_bparo k.jpg

Thanks to DEANB, pyewacket947v, backsplice and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
A fine example of a Morris Commercial Leader.

DEANB:

pyewacket947v:
4 January 1985
Rugby, Warks
3549 MX,
I think it is a Bedford TK, coupled to a mobile showroom(?)
The opaque windows are due to early morning frost.
Hahn and Kolb are machine tool makers based in Ludwigsburg, Germany.

Thats a very odd looking motor “pyewacket947v” . Dont recall ever seeing one of those before,wheres the reg from ■■

Bedford TK ? I have an awful lot of Bedford stuff and thats not ringing any bells. :unamused:

It was a long time ago,but, at the back of my mind something is trying to tell me that i saw something that clinched it.
I am wondering if i managed to peek inside the cab and saw Bedford fittings,Instruments,steering wheel,■■
I remember it was parked by a garden centre unattended and still early morning. It may have aroused suspicions if i had been seen taking too much interest,. I cannot help with the reg either, sorry Deanb.

Dipster:

pv83:

pyewacket947v:
4 January 1985
Rugby, Warks
3549 MX,

Interesting cab indeed.

I have to ask-why?

Bright idea from someone in a office maybe…something unusual to promote the company…

24 January 1985
Roman Way Retail Park site
Droitwich Spa, Worcs.
A yellow ghost, a dead BMC FE tanker being used as a static fuel or water bowser,

In the workshop, Buzzer

83497508_2914680221928059_4242263468842942464_o.png

pyewacket947v:

DEANB:

pyewacket947v:
4 January 1985
Rugby, Warks
3549 MX,

Thats a very odd looking motor “pyewacket947v” . Dont recall ever seeing one of those before,wheres the reg from ■■

Bedford TK ? I have an awful lot of Bedford stuff and thats not ringing any bells. :unamused:

It was a long time ago,but, at the back of my mind something is trying to tell me that i saw something that clinched it.
I am wondering if i managed to peek inside the cab and saw Bedford fittings,Instruments,steering wheel,■■
I remember it was parked by a garden centre unattended and still early morning. It may have aroused suspicions if i had been seen taking too much interest,. I cannot help with the reg either, sorry Deanb.

Dean and Pyewacket - It’s a 1960/61 Middlesex CC reg plate. :slight_smile:

Mine entry for today rare rigid 6 wheeled F10, Buzzer

Chris Webb:

pyewacket947v:

DEANB:

pyewacket947v:
4 January 1985
Rugby, Warks
3549 MX,

I think it is a TK under somebodys “improvements”. The windscreen and doors look right as do the hubs. But I still wonder why anybody would pay to modify a cab thus.

> Dipster:
> I think it is a TK under somebodys “improvements”. The windscreen and doors look right as do the hubs. But I still wonder why anybody would pay to modify a cab thus.

Maybe someone over 5’10" who wanted to see out of the windscreen without having to hunch down over the steering wheel

Dipster:

Chris Webb:

pyewacket947v:

DEANB:

pyewacket947v:
4 January 1985
Rugby, Warks
3549 MX,

I think it is a TK under somebodys “improvements”. The windscreen and doors look right as do the hubs. But I still wonder why anybody would pay to modify a cab thus.

I agree its odd. :unamused:

TK advert.

30 January 1985
Milton Keynes, Bucks ,Eng
A Fiat 170 NT with a Frigoscandia reefer.
Un/Loading at Bejams depot.
Sporting the stains of haulage in January.

Buzzer:
Mine entry for today rare rigid 6 wheeled F10, Buzzer

L720 EBW Supplied new by Dawson rentals as a 3.9M tractor unit, and later stretched

Reincarnated FL cab in Moscow

pyewacket947v:
15 January 1985
Berry Hill Ind Est
Doitwich Spa, Worcs.
A trio of Volvos on the bays at Salvesens Droitwich Depot
A F10, F12 and a F86

The middle f10 looks like Calvers of Stradbroke, Suffolk - a company that was local to me - now gone I think. Jim.

Still working on the roads

0FF6A5D6-94F9-4B88-BAF3-BAC5811726B0.jpeg

robthedog:
Still working on the roads

HRA and chips. Not a lot of work being done there though! :laughing:

Pete.

robthedog:
Reincarnated FL cab in Moscow

It looks to me like Its a kinda cross between a Volvo & Mercedes Atego, Quite a few of these in central Africa and I think they may be from the far East.

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer, DEANB and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
and for robthedog the Russsian tipper is a Chinese Sinotruk Howo, yes a bit Volvo like but the only European connection I read is with MAN.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer, DEANB and robthedog for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
and for robthedog the Russsian tipper is a Chinese Sinotruk Howo, yes a bit Volvo like but the only European connection I read is with MAN.
Oily

Indeed it is as you say, there’s loads in Russia.
That is the old FL cab on it,they still run the old transit bodies as well re tooled and the old Merc axor cab on another import