Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks to Buzzer, lurpak, Punchy Dan, pv83 and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Morris Commercial various

Morris Commercial Steve Glover cc by 2.0 45533752875_1f2b2d4fae_sg k.jpg

Morris Commercial Ben Salter cc by 2.0 42342824592_a169a89c70_k bs (2).jpg

Re the 6 wheel commer back in the early 1960 s parkin and jones of coalville leicestershire had several six wheeler with tipper body…….I think the rear axle was a primrose or similar………they had major stability problems when loaded the steering was ineffective leading to a couple of accidents the company soon got shut

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, lurpak, Punchy Dan, pv83 and tyneside for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Morris Commercial various

Nice one

Advert from 1964.

Click on twice.

McMullan Transport from Ballymoney in Co. Antrim in Northern Ireland had a depot at Worthington Way
in Wigan from 2004 until 2009. The 1st picture is Volvo Reg. No. J80 MMT, seen parked at the depot,
and on the road in picture 2. Picture 3 is another of McMullans many Volvo,s coupled to a fridge trailer
in the livery of Mourne Mushroom Marketing from Newry in Co. Down. Picture 4 is McMullans 10,000 sq ft
depot at Wigan, of which I, Ray Smyth Transport, occupied 2000 sq ft at the left hand end. One of their
drivers, Ged, is stood at my entrance, awaiting further instruction from head office in Ballymoney.
Ged’s lorry is the Volvo 6 Wheeler, seen just inside the main doorway.
Two of my vehicles are vaguely visible inside the building, my Mercedes Sprinter, W886 BNA, and a
Mercedes Atego 12 ton GVW van, T983 JDX. Pictures 1, 2, & 3 are courtesy of David McMillan who was
a driver with McMullan.
Ray Smyth.

MCM4.jpeg

J80 MMT.jpeg

MCM 3.jpeg

Great pic that is Dean, I had a similar Leyland Comet setup for two years, note the top front car, no catwalk when getting out of that or when loaded with lhd, agile as a monkey I was in them days, mobility a bit more of a challenge nowadays :laughing:
Cheers
Oily

Thanks to rastone, DEANB and Ray Smyth for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
Oily

Derbyshire all thanks to Richard Says.

Derbys Richard 44833260322_52a075d4f7rs _k.jpg

Derbys Richard 44478913512_b84df89e68_rs k.jpg

Derbys Richard 43778979222_4d5089f5ca_rs k.jpg

Derbys Richard 41789675145_ea3c03d214_rs o.jpg

Derbys Richard 41080956394_c2557be5cb_rs k.jpg

Having a break nr Belfast .

Nice to see one of Salisbury and Woods, for a local Matlock builders merchant they get around and I have seen them several times on the A1M top side of Scotch Corner.

Pete.

Thanks to Punchy Dan for the pic :smiley:
Oily

Running pipes to Deephaven, Evanton, Easter Ross.

Sainsbury’s ERF on Barton Bridge on the M60.

Just a couple of photo’s of some of the vehicles on the road here at the port of Kakinada on the east coast India, mostly Ashok Leyland and Tata still a lot with local coach built cabs and old pressings of cabs like the Ford Cargo, but badged as Ashok Leyland and a lot look like the early Mercedes cab.

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Some oldies for today, Buzzer

beestransport01.jpg

Buzzer:
Some oldies for today, Buzzer

First one is Shap, northbound, after you’ve passed the Jungle and the Leyland clock, heading into the bottom, before the steep climb to the summit.

John

One more, Buzzer

I remember riding in a sabrina cabbed 6 wheeler ERF like this one about 1962 my fathers friend mr fred broardley had it on with whitwick granite company in leicestershire. It had a tipper body and a 6lw gardner engine together with a 6 speed chinese box.Mr Broadley went out of business about a year later and I never saw this unique vehicle again

robinswh:
I remember riding in a sabrina cabbed 6 wheeler ERF like this one about 1962 my fathers friend mr fred broardley had it on with whitwick granite company in leicestershire. It had a tipper body and a 6lw gardner engine together with a 6 speed chinese box.Mr Broadley went out of business about a year later and I never saw this unique vehicle again

I always admired the Sabrina but never got to see the inside, did the lump out the front mean there was more room in the cab than was usual in the 60’s?

yes this vehicle was a bit hit with the breweries for local pub deliveries would easily seat three. It was very unusual at the time and about the only one on tipper work in my part of leicestershire. Mr broadley has passed on but I m still in contact with his son who I went to school with …he wasnt a lorry nut like me and doesnt have any pictures. The licence plate on this unit was 326 CUT

robinswh:
yes this vehicle was a bit hit with the breweries for local pub deliveries would easily seat three. It was very unusual at the time and about the only one on tipper work in my part of leicestershire. Mr broadley has passed on but I m still in contact with his son who I went to school with …he wasnt a lorry nut like me and doesnt have any pictures. The licence plate on this unit was 326 CUT

One up on me Wayne I’ve never seen one live!! Were they heavier/more expensive than the KV/LV?