Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:

tonyj105:

coomsey:
Past present or future ?

otosan ford f-max ,truck of the year 2019.

Presumably that is built in Turkey at the Otosan plant. Is it fully Euro-compliant? If so, I wonder why we aren’t seeing more of them. Robert

Yes, fully Euro 6 compliant and Ford is making a determined effort to get back into the heavy European market. Supposedly there will not be any right hand drive versions but they have been doing extensive 24/7 testing at Millbrook, Bedfordshire, testing and evaluation circuit since November and December. From reports I’ve heard DAF are very interested in seeing how this Ford performs and how its sales go.

gingerfold:

ERF-NGC-European:

tonyj105:

coomsey:
Past present or future ?

otosan ford f-max ,truck of the year 2019.

Presumably that is built in Turkey at the Otosan plant. Is it fully Euro-compliant? If so, I wonder why we aren’t seeing more of them. Robert

Yes, fully Euro 6 compliant and Ford is making a determined effort to get back into the heavy European market. Supposedly there will not be any right hand drive versions but they have been doing extensive 24/7 testing at Millbrook, Bedfordshire, testing and evaluation circuit since November and December. From reports I’ve heard DAF are very interested in seeing how this Ford performs and how its sales go.

One to watch then! Robert

Glasgow fruit market in the 60’s NMP, Buzzer

Think someone could be on a wind up with the new Ford unit, have a look at the Ford badge and on the Scania behind
reverse pic perhaps. If it is i’m not claiming any credit it was pointed out to me by a smarter person.
Cheers.

coomsey:

pyewacket947v:

coomsey:
Past present or future ?

Turkish reg Ford Cargo
Bridgwater 25 August 2016

I’m at a loss here. What’s this beast all about? N why R hand drive in my picture? Cheers Coomsey

I’ve sorted it out for you Coomsey :smiley: The picture had been mirrored. It is a left hand drive unit.

It is a Ford F-Max with an in-line six-cylinder 12,7-litre Ford Ecotorq Euro 6 engine rated at 500 HP in combination with the ZF 12-speed Traxon automated gearbox.

It won the 2019 INTERNATIONAL TRUCK OF THE YEAR AWARD at the 67th IAA Commercial Vehicle Show.
truck-of-the-year.com/

jsutherland:

coomsey:

pyewacket947v:

coomsey:
Past present or future ?

Turkish reg Ford Cargo
Bridgwater 25 August 20162

I’m at a loss here. What’s this beast all about? N why R hand drive in my picture? Cheers Coomsey

I’ve sorted it out for you Coomsey :smiley: The picture had been mirrored. It is a left hand drive unit.

It is a Ford F-Max with an in-line six-cylinder 12,7-litre Ford Ecotorq Euro 6 engine rated at 500 HP in combination with the ZF 12-speed Traxon automated gearbox.

It won the 2019 INTERNATIONAL TRUCK OF THE YEAR AWARD at the 67th IAA Commercial Vehicle Show.
truck-of-the-year.com/

One or two vids on Youtube youtube.com/watch?v=7nEAkS3TAlE
Oily

Out of interest, I stretched the width of the original Ford F-Max photo, which makes it look less tall and thin and more like the real unit - File Not Found. Unless of course, it is a completely new model altogether :smiley:

A couple of videos of it are here - commentary in Dutch:

And one from the Hanover Show

jsutherland:

coomsey:

pyewacket947v:

coomsey:
Past present or future ?

Turkish reg Ford Cargo
Bridgwater 25 August 20162

truck-of-the-year.com/

Thanks j s. Skullduggery

Here’s one at work so it seems they have been working quite a bit

Tony

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Buzzer, jsutherland, gingerfold and rastone for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Keighley wagon at Dingwall this week.

A Cadbury liquid chocolate tanker behind a Leyland Two-Pedal Beaver

Cadbury 2-Pedal Beaver.jpg

One for Robert ERF to peruse, cheers Buzzer

Buzzer:
One for Robert ERF to peruse, cheers Buzzer

Nice one! Yes, a LHD 5MW-cabbed ERF in the service of Chapman & Ball on Middle-East work. :sunglasses: Robert

Hino 1978.

gingerfold:
A Cadbury liquid chocolate tanker behind a Leyland Two-Pedal Beaver

Graham…I think that the paint colour could be described as " Dairy Milk Chocolate". :sunglasses: :laughing: :wink: Ray.

DEANB:
Hino 1978.

Hino trucks were common at that time in Normandie (France), where a truck dealer sold and serviced them, I think in Cherbourg. Probably Michel will know more.

One for today nmp, Buzzer

Buzzer:
One for today nmp, Buzzer

Looks like Huddersfield BRS going by the VH reg plates.Lovely photo.

I grew up in an 8 wheeler like the two in the photographs but my dads was plated Maudsley . Licence plate HAY492 tipper version new in 1951 scrapped in 1964 amazing vehicle but obsolete in the motorway age max speed 35 mpg .The owner was the whitwick granite company whitwick leicestershire which closed a couple of years ago