Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

DEANB:

stevejones:
fuel consumption not very important with this freak i geuss

Do you reckon that was a rigid converted to an artic Steve ? The only other thing i can think of is if it had one of those
huge sleeper/living areas like the Kenworth and it was taken off ! But why would you take it off ,most strange.

Don’t some of the removal men have tractors like that? Or perhaps it is not a working wagon but a camping car, or just a show wagon?

There is a commercial scrapyard on the N10 in France between Angouleme and the turn off at Maison Blanche for Niort, and for several weeks I saw there a Magnum rigid, without body, still in the colours of my old employer, Gauthier. I often dreamed as I passed that it would make a great motor home :wink: :laughing:

Thanks to stevejones and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

Snapped while sitting in roadworks holdup A82 Ft. William to Inverness.

Those LWB units are a fashion statement, they think they look cool. I think they look ridiculous, but each to their own…

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

DEANB:

stevejones:
fuel consumption not very important with this freak i geuss

Do you reckon that was a rigid converted to an artic Steve ? The only other thing i can think of is if it had one of those
huge sleeper/living areas like the Kenworth and it was taken off ! But why would you take it off ,most strange.

Oh dear, Give me 140 acres to turn this rig around, Not my kind of motor Im pleased to say Regards Larry.

Former Foden drivers wouldn’t be used to such luxury, Larry! :wink:

Retired Old ■■■■:
Former Foden drivers wouldn’t be used to such luxury, Larry! :wink:

Luxury IMO Is a very large Single Malt, Then a good old Foden, I made a few bob with my old Fodens, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ,Thats why I get single Malts for driving those great old motors :stuck_out_tongue:

oiltreader:
Thanks to adr and HRS for the pics :smiley: :smiley:
Oily

How about this Chris, a similar outfit now in preservation, might even be the same wagon with minor changes.
Eddie

Hi Eddie hope you are well, I like the European Wagon & Drags, I had 1 on Luker Bros Removals, once you got the hang of reversing them they’re OK. Regards Chris

I could not agree more Larry with your Foden sentiments, The yank trailer configurations always look weird and weak, OK the modern tractor units look good and capable, the rigids with 4 axle long drawbar trailers as used in New Zealand are the bees knees. Her are a couple of images I took at a Forestry Logging Expo on Rotarua Racecourse in 2006.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

Thanks to Leyland 600 for the pics :smiley:
A posh Reiver in its day.
Oily

Certainly is a posh Reiver Oily, a Boalloy cab I think. Stephenson Clark owned a number of colliers shipping coal from Blyth, The Tyne and Seaham Harbour to various power stations and domestic coal distribution yards on the Thames Black funnel with a broad silver band with a black diamond on each side
Cheers, Leyland 600

I was going to suggest that the Albion has a Homalloy cab, but you could be correct, 600?

Yes ROF I deliberated with Holmalloy in mind however I think the cab roof is more rounded than a Holmalloy and the door frame is has a horizontal bottom with the windowsill level and not curved, plus being based in Stoke Boalloy would be more convenient perhapd they built the body also.
Cheers Leyland 600

img644.jpg

Thanks to Leyland 600 for the pics :smiley:

A ■■■■■■■■ in Dingwall.
Oily

Leyland600:
Yes ROF I deliberated with Holmalloy in mind however I think the cab roof is more rounded than a Holmalloy and the door frame is has a horizontal bottom with the windowsill level and not curved, plus being based in Stoke Boalloy would be more convenient perhapd they built the body also.
Cheers Leyland 600

I see where you’re coming from, now.
Happened to pass Broadbent’s Congleton works yesterday and I have to say it’s not a patch on how it was in their heyday. There’s even a new housing estate being built next door which will probably result in a whole raft of objections to “living next door to an industrial site” in the next few years, if past experience is anything to go by.

Retired Old ■■■■:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

I see where you’re coming from, now.
Happened to pass Broadbent’s Congleton works yesterday and I have to say it’s not a patch on how it was in their heyday. There’s even a new housing estate being built next door which will probably result in a whole raft of objections to “living next door to an industrial site” in the next few years, if past experience is anything to go by.

No probably about it. Happens every time. We have a race track not too far away from us that used to be in the middle of nowhere. Now a housing estate has gone in and restrictions have been put on because of noise. :unamused:

I’ll have that F 12 Globetrotter any day… There are quite a few of those long wheel base show trucks getting about… I know some states have ridiculously low front axle weights. It might be for that… perhaps a style thing. Or maybe they just don’t like doing supermarket deliveries… That Big Kenworth conversion I think that would have been an Evans conversion, they used to work out of Utar somewhere … Most of the time the chassis was ordered direct from the factory that length…more often than not driven by a mom and pop team…

Jeff…

A Leyland and an AEC from bygone Uraguay. Robert

The Uruguayan Leyland is quite alike the French Bernards of the 50s and 60s. A nice classic truck!

Thanks to ERF-NGC-European for the pics :smiley:
Oily

Bristol firms

Bristol Richard 26602437648_30a4d9ab6f_rs k.jpg

Bristol Richard 41542480502_7f7bae8d8a_rs k.jpg

Bristol Richard 36755308453_8cb0e68046 rs_k.jpg

Bristol eastleighbusman 25846817748_bf833e718c_elbm k.jpg

Bristol wagons.
Oily

BRS Bristol Steve Glover cc by 2.0 14360419792_8a302041d2 SG_o.jpg