Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Couple oldies for toiday, Buzzer.

PS.DEANB loving the eight wheel F88’s one belonged to E.F.Philips did not know they ran that.

Thanks to servo88, tyneside, robthedog, Silverdale and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Malcolm of Brookfield, started with a coal delivery round in the early '20s.
Oily

Richard 35671907186_74d9acea1frs_k.jpg

Buzzer:
Couple oldies for toiday, Buzzer.

PS.DEANB loving the eight wheel F88’s one belonged to E.F.Philips did not know they ran that.

Cheers for the pics Buzzer :smiley: answer to the second one swedishbrasscar.com/dokument/scania23.html
Oily

Ah now these I remember like it were yesterday and think they were one shilling & thruppence a bottle back then and money back on the bottle, Buzzer.

060417 (1).JPG
A beautifully presented Northern Irish registered Scania 143.
seen on 6 April this year resting on the Wire Works service road alongside the A38 on the North side of Bridgwater.
A absolute credit to the owner/driver. The interior of the cab was up to the same standard.

Buzzer:
Ah now these I remember like it were yesterday and think they were one shilling & thruppence a bottle back then and money back on the bottle, Buzzer.

Those bottles are a bit modern, Buzzer! I remember when Corona bottles had a wire-and-ceramic over centre stopper. And they were 10 pence a bottle then!

oiltreader:

tyneside:
Hi Tyneside, Some interesting photos from the 50s/ 60s, I particularly like the photo of Blue House Lane Garage.
With regard to the “Regular” petrol at 4 shillings and threepence a gallon, your mathematical conversion to
todays Metric money is spot on. The little items to the left of the pumps look like one of them is for a shot
of Redex, upper cylinder lubricant,at 1 penny a shot, and the other could be oil for for “Two Stroke” engines
in BSA Bantams , Francis Barnetts, and many other motor cycles,autocycles, and mopeds. The Diesel pump
at the rear looks a bit lonely. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.
Ray Smyth SENIOR MEMBER Posts: 252Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi tyneside, I’ll have a go at the cars, 1st pic Austin 10, Ford Consul, Morris 1000, Ford Anglia, 2nd pic Ford Consul, Jowett Javelin, Hillman Minx, Morris 1000, 3rd pic Austin Somerset, Morris 1000, MG Y Series and the van probably ex MOD. great pics :smiley:
Oily

Hi Ray & Oily and thanks for the comments. Just after the war an area of Washington, just behind the main street was used for housing ex servicemen and other homeless families and it became known as the squatters, the first man my Father employed in 1947 after starting up lived there for several years, I can just remember it and it was not the best !!! but the people created a community and called it home as some of the photos show. They even had their own car showroom, perhaps Oily can have a go at identifying these.
The motor bike is a late forties Panther, or so I am informed.
The other two photos are of the main gate of RAF Usworth and then what was built there in the eighties

Hi tyneside, I would say a Morris Commercial on the milk with the cars a Morris 10, Austin 10, Ford Popular, Morris Series E, Ford Anglia (bumper over riders), Rover 12, Standard 8 and the bus probably a Bedford, if it was a “works” bus it may have the slatted wooden seats.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks Oily, you certainly know your cars from that era, did you ever own / drive any of them. The fella I mentioned that worked for my Dad ran a Triumph Mayflower ( think that’s correct) well into the 1960’s
Cheers Tyneside

tyneside:

oiltreader:

tyneside:
Hi Tyneside, Some interesting photos from the 50s/ 60s, I particularly like the photo of Blue House Lane Garage.
With regard to the “Regular” petrol at 4 shillings and threepence a gallon, your mathematical conversion to
todays Metric money is spot on. The little items to the left of the pumps look like one of them is for a shot
of Redex, upper cylinder lubricant,at 1 penny a shot, and the other could be oil for for “Two Stroke” engines
in BSA Bantams , Francis Barnetts, and many other motor cycles,autocycles, and mopeds. The Diesel pump
at the rear looks a bit lonely. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.
Ray Smyth SENIOR MEMBER Posts: 252Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi tyneside, I’ll have a go at the cars, 1st pic Austin 10, Ford Consul, Morris 1000, Ford Anglia, 2nd pic Ford Consul, Jowett Javelin, Hillman Minx, Morris 1000, 3rd pic Austin Somerset, Morris 1000, MG Y Series and the van probably ex MOD. great pics :smiley:
Oily

Hi Ray & Oily and thanks for the comments. Just after the war an area of Washington, just behind the main street was used for housing ex servicemen and other homeless families and it became known as the squatters, the first man my Father employed in 1947 after starting up lived there for several years, I can just remember it and it was not the best !!! but the people created a community and called it home as some of the photos show. They even had their own car showroom, perhaps Oily can have a go at identifying these.
The motor bike is a late forties Panther, or so I am informed.
The other two photos are of the main gate of RAF Usworth and then what was built there in the eighties

Hi tyneside, I would say a Morris Commercial on the milk with the cars a Morris 10, Austin 10, Ford Popular, Morris Series E, Ford Anglia (bumper over riders), Rover 12, Standard 8 and the bus probably a Bedford, if it was a “works” bus it may have the slatted wooden seats.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks Oily, you certainly know your cars from that era, did you ever own / drive any of them. The fella I mentioned that worked for my Dad ran a Triumph Mayflower ( think that’s correct) well into the 1960’s
Cheers Tyneside

Hi Tyneside, a bike up until 1957, then a Ford Popular, traded in for a Triumph TR2, in turn traded in for the Zodiac in 1958 that took south of the border as a bus driver where I traded that in for accommodation, a family caravan, free bus travel but a James Cadet motorbike to get to and from shifts so nothing with 4 wheels until I went on car transporters, then Ford 400E van, traded in for the Consul, in turn traded in for a Hillman Hunter estate, now self employed and things looking up so traded in for a new Transit V4 crewbus, then 3 different VW Type 2 vans, a Type3, VW Jetta GLI (a goer), a Type4 and so on, had VWs for 30 odd years(1974 to 2006), did most of my own running repairs until electronics took over from spanners .
Oily

Thanks to Buzzer and pyewackey947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Aberdeen wagon heading south, the…George Craib and Aberdeen Road Runners Ltd merged 1983 to form ARR Craib.
Oily

Richard 33164962304_2bb5306c0d_rs k.jpg

A87 Isle of Skye on dashcam
Oily

A few rare ones !

unusual31.PNG

washed up and fueled up on way to load at chicken slaughterhouse timberville west virgina stinking hole put me of chicken for few days

DSCF0133.JPG

2 always problems watertown upstate n.york arrived sat 5pm sorry closed till 11am mon for usda meat inspection

must of been bored taking pics of the antique ■■■■■■■ while giving it the once over

DSCF0143.JPG

Thanks to DEANB and stevejones for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Cabovers.
Oily

USA 1989 Kenworth Greg Gjerdingen cc by 2.0 26595521895_eb6e770bae_k.ggjpg.jpg

USA Greg Gjerdingen cc by 2.0 17130960637_654e5f2df1_kgg.jpg

spotted this one on coffee break in montreal kenworth w900

and a bit heavy on the pin maybe

One for servo88

Look blue sky
Ade

Here is my todays pic of FB a tidy old line up, Buzzer.

This pic made me laugh ! :laughing: