Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

A Leyland Sherpa van from 1980. “A load of Tripe, Perhaps ■■”
Regards, Ray Smyth.
Scragg.png

This add on farmers free adds ERF Rolls engine Eaton twin split double drive Wilcox blow body, starts and drives fine seems cheap to me at £2500. plus VAT &looks like it could do a days work in Holsworthy Devon 07966 558389 if any one is interested, cheers Buzzer.

PS. No MOT of the road for five years, look’s tidy though.

19430186_10213521166366671_2495246595402975208_n.jpg

19553958_10213521166326670_4951346399376661479_n (2).jpg

Hi Ade, Thanks for posting, a Leyland Tiger TS7 or 8 circa 1938 half decker. Was this in David Hoare’s yard ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Dennis sorry for late reply, Yes Alec Lavery was depot manager at BRS Howgate, palled up with ? Holloway who was connected to Consolidated Road Services Scunthorpe CLS (I think) They bought out some of Johnstone Gilcrux motors and started running a trunk from Workington to Scunthorpe with all the moulds and bottom plates etc previously carried by BRS from Distington Engineering Co Then they got in at Marchon and elsewhere with rates all doing a dive. However BRS managed to carry on all the better for us subbies then at least we got paid !!! (1965 - 68)
Cheers Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi Ade, Thanks for posting, a Leyland Tiger TS7 or 8 circa 1938 half decker. Was this in David Hoare’s yard ?
Cheers, Leyland 600

No down at the showground at Sheppton mallet, used for Glastonbury, will send you some more when I’m home Ade

servo88:

AV52 HZA was new to Ontime Automotive as an enclosed car transporter - here’s sister vehicle HZC:
AV52 HZC Mercedes Atego 1528 by 240 Gardner, on Flickr

Uig isle of skye 22 june 2017

uig (6).JPG

Cheers Malc.

Ray Smyth:
Regards, Ray Smyth.0

Maybe, but they where a big improvement on what had gone before, ie,BMC j4, ju 250, J2,

Thanks to lurpak, DEANB, Ray Smyth, servo88, Buzzer, 240 Gardner and malc step for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mackenzie of Scourie at Uig to load fish for processing at Dingwall to be pumped from boat which was on it’s way in as I chatted to the drivers.
Oily

lurpak:
One for Leyland600
Ade

TruckNetUK,Old Time Lorries,Past Present And In Between In Pictures.VALKYRIE,Wednesday,28th June,2017.Leyland Titan TD7C

Leyland Titan TD7C/Metropolitan Cammell - MC HDC26C Half Decker Observation Motorcoach-Police Control Vehicle,HF 9126.1940.
Originally Wallasey Corporation Transport,fleet No.74,Double Decker Omnibus.
Converted by Wallasey Police as a half decker observation motorcoach-Police control vehicle.
It was - still is? - preserved by David Hoare,Chepstow.
NOTE:The suffix letter C as part of the model designation indicates that this Leyland Titan TD7C is a Gearless Bus with a torque convertor :slight_smile:

I remember seeing and photographing this Leyland Titan TD7C Motorcoach at the HCVS Trans Pennine Run Manchester To Harrogate 25th Anniversary
Rally,on The Oatlands Drive Stray,Harrogate,Sunday,7th August,1994.

If I remember rightly,this Leyland motorcoach was one of a number of historic commercial vehicles that were gathered together and had pride of place on the Stray rally field.Because they had all taken part in the original and first HCVS Trans Pennine Run Rally,which occured in 1969 :smiley:

VALKYRIE

pyewacket947v:

Ray Smyth:
Regards, Ray Smyth.0

Maybe, but they where a big improvement on what had gone before, ie,BMC j4, ju 250, J2,

Yes,they were an improvement on previous BMC Products.
However,my “Tripe” was loaded in the back of the van. Regards, Ray.

A couple for you Oily from up your end of FB, Buzzer.

240 Gardner:

servo88:

AV52 HZA was new to Ontime Automotive as an enclosed car transporter - here’s sister vehicle HZC:
AV52 HZC Mercedes Atego 1528 by 240 Gardner, on Flickr

Hi 240 Gardner, we bought 2 at the same time, both were taken to Britcom and came down already painted and altered thanks for the photo

Ade

Just goes to show how seriously Volvo take there testing with new trucks. Bearing in mind the F10 was not
available in the UK till 1977,it was being tested in Australia in 1973. I don know when it was released there ?

lurpak:
Hi 240 Gardner, we bought 2 at the same time, both were taken to Britcom and came down already painted and altered thanks for the photo
Ade

Thank you, and nice to see them still going - I saw one on the M50 early yesterday morning.

The were part of a large fleet of Ategos, mostly running all over Europe with drawbar trailers at up to 28T train. Most of them clocked up a million kms, so they didn’t owe anyone anything in the end. Many were cannibalised for spares, and there are only 5 Ategos left on the fleet now.

I haven’t a photo of MXR in service, but here’s sister vehicle MXP:
on time automotive ( ) AV 52 MXP mercedes by david jones, on Flickr

Thanks to Buzzer, DEANB, lurpak and 240 Gardner for the pics and VALKYRIE for the info :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now then chaps, can’t resist showing you this, okay it’s a car, Vauxhall Cresta and in absolute mint condition considering it is in The Outer Hebrides, a special occasion car, weddings etc.
Oily

Swiftly back to lorries with a old established family concern from Aberlour.
Oily

240 Gardner:

lurpak:
Ade

Thank you, and nice to see them still going - I saw one on the M50 early yesterday morning.

The were part of a large fleet of Ategos, mostly running all over Europe with drawbar trailers at up to 28T train. Most of them clocked up a million kms, so they didn’t owe anyone anything in the end. Many were cannibalised for spares, and there are only 5 Ategos left on the fleet now.

I haven’t a photo of MXR in service, but here’s sister vehicle MXP:
on time automotive ( ) AV 52 MXP mercedes by david jones, on Flickr

Thanks for the photos, that was Womble you saw yesterday Ade

image.jpeg
image.jpegfrom today