Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Dirty Dan

the rear axle on the Volvo is it on 285 or 245s is that a clip on, or is it a factory mod ■■?

Hi! Well its nothing of acctually. We bought it as an 6x4 and shipped it to Finland to fit the fourth axl. Its an 13ton insted of the factory that only is 10ton.
Oh and its an 285. And it always there on no clip on. Cant find the pic of it before it when it Finland but here is when it came back.

Danne

image.jpeg

Nice pictures Danne. Thanks for sharing them

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Dirty Dan:
Some from last couple of weeks.

Danne

Cracking pic’s once again Danne! And proper hard hat that is, that should scare those ■■■■■■■ H&S ■■■■■ away… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone remember these…?

Slightly different eh… :wink:

DAF XF510 FTM road test running at 100 tonnes GVW through East Lothian & Berwickshire.
Thanks to Bernard Hunter Ltd for the loan of that Nooteboom, six axle steering, crane ballast trailer and the ■■■■■■ vehicle.

Scotnat:
DAF XF510 FTM road test running at 100 tonnes GVW through East Lothian & Berwickshire.
Thanks to Bernard Hunter Ltd for the loan of that Nooteboom, six axle steering, crane ballast trailer and the ■■■■■■ vehicle.

How did the DAF perform?

Cheers, Patrick

Thanks to Dirty Dan, pv83 and Scotnat for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: no idea what the “slightly different” wagons are :bulb: anybody :question:

From the States.
Oily

Heavy Haul  raymondclarkeimages cc by nc 2.0 8132337718_3df659ebe8_rcio.jpg

20170324_134638.jpg

Thanks to kevmac47 for the pics :smiley: I’m guessing a Harley Fat Boy Soft Tail, in the distant past my son had a Harley Ironhead.

These thanks to Richard Says, heading for warmer climes most likely.
Oily

Richard.. .jpg

Richard 32794337636_8c64ed8fbd_rsk.jpg

I retired 2005 and way out off touch with modern vehicles. NOW trailers with no wheels? What next?
Closer inspection. Trailer body lowered and resting on to road surface. It looked like two axles with a very long spread. I retired from the MOD 2005 and had slider trailers and wondered if this is the same principle as the top photograph. Kev

Thanks to kevmorrow for the pcs :smiley:

These from Switzerland thanks to Bruno Holtz.
Oily

Swiss Bruno Holtz 30871691443_b02e21fc3d_po.jpg

pv83:

Dirty Dan:
Some from last couple of weeks.

Danne

Cracking pic’s once again Danne! And proper hard hat that is, that should scare those [zb] H&S [zb] away… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks mate! Yeah im pretty pleased with it :sunglasses:

Danne

jsutherland:
Nice pictures Danne. Thanks for sharing them

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

Thanks Johnny! Glad you like them :smiley:
Here are todays fun and games then…

Danne

Retired Old ■■■■:
A cabover Pete with a reefer on
And a Jaguar haulin’ ■■■.

I always thought it was ‘Mercy, snakes alive, looks like we’ve got us a convoy!’

Just looked up the words, turns out it’s sakes alive…

I first heard this in January 1976 on my way down to Damascus. In Germany they had the American Forces Network, with handy little signs telling you the wavelength to tune in on.

You could tell what the Americans thought of trucking with this and what the Brits thought of lorries with Dave Lee Travis’s ■■■■■■■■■ Convoy GB. Zero respect here. Not sure how it is now, perhaps a little better. Most people don’t realise they’d starve to death in a fortnight without those nasty big things holding them up…

The number one at the time was Laurel and Hardy, ‘On the trail of the lonesome pine’. The American DJ announced it with awe. ‘And now this record - it’s number one in England this week…what are they smoking over there?’

John.

It may be worth noting (probably not, perhaps I’m being pedantic!) that the soundtrack recording of the song was altered from Dave Dudley’s original to fit in with the script writer’s storyline. And possibly the availability of the trucks featured in the film!

Retired Old ■■■■:
It may be worth noting (probably not, perhaps I’m being pedantic!) that the soundtrack recording of the song was altered from Dave Dudley’s original to fit in with the script writer’s storyline. And possibly the availability of the trucks featured in the film!

Yes! You’re an old Pedant! It sounds so much worse written down, doesn’t it!

To be fair I don’t think the film was very good. I remember being asked if I’d seen’‘White Lion Fever’" er, no but I’ve been away…

I understand ‘White Line Fever’ was also big amongst Truckers (sorry, lorry drivers) about then!

John

I think the man reason for Convoy was he provision of eye candy for the fairer ■■■ in the shape of Kris Kristofferson! In my opinion a much better songwriter than actor :unamused: .
It did a power of good for the sales of CB radios (illegal) in Europe at the time, though.
I hadn’t realised that a film of White Line Fever was made (probably erased it from the memory cell!) although the song by Merle Haggard stirs up memories of the times.
Catch ya later, good buddy.

Retired Old ■■■■:
I think the man reason for Convoy was he provision of eye candy for the fairer ■■■ in the shape of Kris Kristofferson! In my opinion a much better songwriter than actor :unamused: .
It did a power of good for the sales of CB radios (illegal) in Europe at the time, though.
I hadn’t realised that a film of White Line Fever was made (probably erased it from the memory cell!) although the song by Merle Haggard stirs up memories of the times.
Catch ya later, good buddy.

“the song by Merle Haggard stirs up memories”
Posted a while back time for a re-run, its brilliant
youtube.com/watch?v=1zXrp-p … e=youtu.be
Oily