Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Dirty Dan:
Had this one infront of me yesterday in Stockholm. One of the pips finaly fell of in front of me…

Danne

No need to strap things down then eh…what a ■■■■■

Sorry!! can’t edit my mistake for some reason?? This is the Thompsons Volvo.

Leyland600:
Dennis, ERF rated this twin steer at 15 1/4 tons gross it had an ULW of 4t-15cwt-0qtrs thus giving 10 1/2 tons payload however GVW did not mean much back then so it probably carried a bit more. knowing the owner I would be surprised if it didn’t.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Aye Gerald, they put 10 ton on the 4 wheelers in those days so these ERF’s would have at least 12/13 ton on their backs eh! and I just bet they struggled a la’l bit 'upt Nest out of Keswick ! Cheers Dennis.

Aye Dennis, I recall one night crawling up the Nest with my Foden 6LW powered 8 wheeler with 15 tons of strip steel out of Workington bound for Lucas at Hall Green, Birmingham alway a night tip. About 10.00 pm I was crawling round the top corner when I passed some hikers and noticed they were eyeing up my low load and slow speed, reading their minds thinking they could run and try to climb on the platform, sure enough one tried I was watching in the mirror and saw him reaching out in the glow of the tailights, just at that point the revs had built up sufficiently in medium range 2 nd gear so I made a swift change (air change on the steering column) up into high ratio and the old girl lurched ahead with matey missing his opportunity, good job he did cos it would have been next stop “Jobby Lucas” at Hall Green about 3-00 am
Happy Days. Leyland 600.

Leigh Delamere

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG
Ade

Thanks to Buzzer, Leyland600, Dirty Dan, kevmac47 and lurpak for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A few from Inverness, resting on the Sabbath
Oily

IMG_0474...JPG

Hi, does anyone know what truck this is ■■?

leo.PNG

Hi,DEANB. Based on what may(or may not!) be the winged badge on the top of the radiator grille,
I’m going to stick my neck out and say it’s an Austin K5. :question:

Sir +:
Hi,DEANB. Based on what may(or may not!) be the winged badge on the top of the radiator grille,

or a Bentley…?

Steve

Sir +:

Thank you,yes just had a look on the net and you are right Austin K5, thanks.

Well it made me chuckle, Buzzer.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ^^

pv83:

Dirty Dan:
Had this one infront of me yesterday in Stockholm. One of the pips finaly fell of in front of me…

Danne

No need to strap things down then eh…what a [zb]…

He didnt evan stop,i honked my horn and flash my lights but no no… Stupid idiot…

Oh and got my new helmet :smiley:
Just love it!

Danne

oiltreader:
Thanks to Buzzer, Leyland600, Dirty Dan, kevmac47 and lurpak for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A few from Inverness, resting on the Sabbath
Oily

Great stuff Oily, Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.

Who remembers going to see Convoy i was 12 back in 1978 ! :smiley:

A cabover Pete with a reefer on
And a Jaguar haulin’ ■■■.

Thanks to DEANB, Buzzer and Dirty Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

“Keep them rolling, Regards Larry.” cheers, a few more from Inverness and Dingwall.
Oily

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0495...JPG

Shrops. 33544744366_001f3ea0f2_o.jpg

Some from last couple of weeks.

Danne