Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Romsey 2016 bd

pv83:

oiltreader:
Heavies snapped in Holland.
Oily

Last pic, that black and red Scanny, that’s a Scottish firm isn’t it? If my memory serves me well, I reckon they’d bought an older Scanny from my firm via Nooteboom trading, along with a brand new Nooteboom low loader, think it was their first wagon actually…?

Cheers, Patrick

Didn’t realise that Patrick, but hey you are right :smiley: ta for that, see here mtlheavyhaulage.com/pictures.htm.
Cheers
Oily

Thanks to robthedog for the Scammell pic :smiley:

Scot Trucks of Debert, Nova Scotia 1972-1980 ■■■■■■■ and Detroit power.
Oily

This year’s grape harvest is just getting going here in sunny Australia. I have done a couple of loads this week to the 'Angove Winery", in Renmark, South Australia. The Leyland boxer in the last pics is in constant use moving grape pulp around the winery, doesn’t blow any smoke and is pretty much rust free. Can’t be many unrestored, 1975 Boxer’s still in daily use, and in this condition!

The first pic is the Freightliner Argosy I’m driving at the moment - Detroit DD60 motor, 18 spd Roadranger gearbox. Not too bad to drive- preferable to the Kenworths I normally drive anyway.

If anyone can rotate the pics, be my guest.

Night time changeovers for Collins - enough lights you think? - can anyone rotate them?, and the K200 I normally drive, unusually on tautliner work last week, loading in Collins’ yard Melbourne, back to Adelaide.
Not sure what has changed here - my pics used to come up the right way!

Leyland600:
Hi Les, I hope Isbister Bros of Quoyloo ERF driver coming past the Highland Park kept his speed doon to 30 mph in case the Kirkwall boys in blue were out with their hair dryer. Here are some more images of the ERF going about its business in Kirkwall in 2006. Also I discovere when in William Sheare’s shop the Marchon Firelighter display cabinet still storing firelighter after at least 55 years in the shop.Marchon started pre war in a shed on Whitehaven dock by two East European gentlemen Fred Marseilliase and Frank Schon making firelighters which developed into the huge chemical plant producing soap powders and detergents which kept so many ■■■■■■■■ hauliers busy from then onwards until the plant was closed about 10 years or more ago. I urged Richard Shearer a vintage vehicle enthusiast to preserve this important relic of Whitehaven’s industrial past.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Ex MMD of Portsmouth ERF by the looks of it, and I’m sure that’s a Hampshire reg no

Thankyou Tachograph for the editing. :smiley:

Thanks to kmills for the pics :smiley:

Drawbar or drags.
Oily

Drawbar desomurchu archive gallery cc by 2.0 5138994639_9658f4d349_dago.jpg

A blast from the past, Thanks to Michael Wood for the pictures.

The 110 on the right was Tony Hawks old motor.

Ossie

Went and had a look at this 144 today that’s for sale, anyone fancy a project??

oiltreader:

pv83:

oiltreader:
Heavies snapped in Holland.
Oily

Last pic, that black and red Scanny, that’s a Scottish firm isn’t it? If my memory serves me well, I reckon they’d bought an older Scanny from my firm via Nooteboom trading, along with a brand new Nooteboom low loader, think it was their first wagon actually…?

Cheers, Patrick

Didn’t realise that Patrick, but hey you are right :smiley: ta for that, see here mtlheavyhaulage.com/pictures.htm.
Cheers
Oily

Aye, the grey cells still work Oily, not too often though… :wink:
That 3 series Scanny was the one they’ve bought as a secondhand, will see if I can dig up a pic of when it was in our fleet.

Cheers, Patrick

kmills:

Night time changeovers for Collins - enough lights you think? - can anyone rotate them?, and the K200 I normally drive, unusually on tautliner work last week, loading in Collins’ yard Melbourne, back to Adelaide.
Not sure what has changed here - my pics used to come up the right way!

Nice pic’s there mate!
Now, forgive me my ignorance, but how’s the handling of that “US iron” compared to what we have here in the old world…?
Mate of mine lives up in Canada, and he’s been driving with Kenworth’s and Peterbilt’s and it’s not all that bad, but it’s still miles away from the comfort of any european make…?

Cheers, Patrick

lespullan:

Ta mate!

Found it, spot the differences… :wink:

Here’s one for ROF to contemplate, going back to the cheese and whiskey thread how come this comes from India, wasn’t the best lol. It came with a get well pack (or escape) from the family when I was ill

Ade

lurpak:
Here’s one for ROF to contemplate, going back to the cheese and whiskey thread how come this comes from India, wasn’t the best lol. It came with a get well pack (or escape) from the family when I was ill
Ade

He wouldn’t give that fridge room Ade, tonic water compared to his preference I would guess :laughing: anyway hasn’t done you any harm now you are on the mend.
Oily

Tiger beer’s the only good alcoholic drink to come out of India, in my opinion. And then only when accompanying a decent curry.
Personally, I think Ade’s relations were trying to put another nail in his coffin. Thank goodness he didn’t drink it and is now on the mend.

We are now 400 up with a BIG THANKS to all those who contribute, pics, craic and information, well done the lot of you, you make the thread it what it is :smiley:
Oily

It wouldn’t have got this far without you, oily. Well done-here’s to the next hundred.