Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

robert1952:

Buzzer:
Sorry in advance Oily no wheels here but is representative of our past, Buzzer.

That’s a very good list! The only one I’d take issue with is brown bread. You could get a brown loaf and it was made with wholemeal flour which was more, not less, expensive. Eaten it all my life! Robert

Brown (wholemeal) bread was cheap as chips if you grew up in the time and place that I did, Robert. You could fill your dinner bag with coarse wheat flour plus some rolled oats out of the feed mill at the back of the stone barn. All you needed was a bit of yeast and salt and gran could rustle up a loaf which folks would die for these days.

pv83:
Ta for those heavies :smiley: :smiley:

Speaking of which, rumour has it Heanor has called it a day…?

Cheers, Patrick

Looks that way, Harrisons website shows an upcoming auction of their heavy haulage kit on their main page.

lespullan:

I reckon backsplice might recognise the Elgin Maggie Les.
Oily

Thanks to tyneside and lespullan for the pics :smiley: :smiley:

Dingwall this week from Wales and Spain.
Oily

oiltreader:

lespullan:

Oily

Shame its not his old Atki, Les.

Another two from Orkney, Les.

csm_Loading_trucks__2__4_d57c554a65d1e89b843458377850b0de_b5b18f3494[1].jpg

Here’s a few I’ve taken over the last couple of months, I got a new laptop a while back, It’s been a bit of a struggle to get my pictures onto the bloody thing!! I hope this works.

oiltreader:

lespullan:

Oily

Oh Aye …he certainly does … here,s a pic of what I bought from Jack Noble when I came back from Saudi

backsplice:

oiltreader:

lespullan:

Oily

Oh Aye …he certainly does … here,s a pic of what I bought from Jack Noble when I came back from Saudi

I’ll bet when you woke up the next morning, groaned and thought, ‘I really shouldn’t have had all those Drambuies on the plane… Oh, god no I didn’t agree to that?..’

John

Thanks to lespullan, kevmac47 and backsplice for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Derbyshire wagons thanks to flickr contacts.
Oily

Hi Les, I hope Isbister Bros of Quoyloo ERF driver coming past the Highland Park kept his speed doon to 30 mph in case the Kirkwall boys in blue were out with their hair dryer. Here are some more images of the ERF going about its business in Kirkwall in 2006. Also I discovere when in William Sheare’s shop the Marchon Firelighter display cabinet still storing firelighter after at least 55 years in the shop.Marchon started pre war in a shed on Whitehaven dock by two East European gentlemen Fred Marseilliase and Frank Schon making firelighters which developed into the huge chemical plant producing soap powders and detergents which kept so many ■■■■■■■■ hauliers busy from then onwards until the plant was closed about 10 years or more ago. I urged Richard Shearer a vintage vehicle enthusiast to preserve this important relic of Whitehaven’s industrial past.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

IMG_4381.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

Heavies snapped in Holland.
Oily

Leyland600:
Hi Les, I hope Isbister’s ERF driver coming past the Highland Park kept his speed doon to 30 mph in case the Kirkwall boys in blue were out with their hair dryer. That wagon used to load there regularly a few years ago…
Cheers, Leyland 600.

First time I have seen that photo, usually its up against the wall loading, Les.

Hi al! I was up to Stockholm Arlanda AirPort this morning to pic up a CAT 349.

Danne

Thanks to Leyland600, kevmac47 and Dirty Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sleeper cabs/pods, some not quite your run of the mill.
Oily

Kenworth, older and later.
Oily

Kenworth Transport (1286)rs .jpg

Kenworth John MacManaman cc by nd 2.0 26871820471_1136b8e76cjm_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Kenworth, older and later.
Oily

That tipper by Rod Simmonds looks like a converted rigid refuse truck.!

oiltreader:
Heavies snapped in Holland.
Oily

Last pic, that black and red Scanny, that’s a Scottish firm isn’t it? If my memory serves me well, I reckon they’d bought an older Scanny from my firm via Nooteboom trading, along with a brand new Nooteboom low loader, think it was their first wagon actually…?

Cheers, Patrick