Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

oiltreader:
Thanks to kevmac47, servo88 and Stanfield for the pics :smiley: :smiley: now then servo88 that Sunbeam Rapier brings back a few memories, I’ve carted a few of them and also brings to mind a really mean machine, the Sunbeam Tiger sports car, a smallish car with a Ford V8 engine 4+litres, jeez that could move and the exhaust note, the music of pure desire.
Oily

Here’s me thinking it was a Singer Gazelle. :blush:

10485740_1441010899494372_3514134323803468773_n.jpg
CIMG2805.JPG

CIMG2582.JPG

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Thanks to kevmac47, servo88 and Stanfield for the pics :smiley: :smiley: now then servo88 that Sunbeam Rapier brings back a few memories, I’ve carted a few of them and also brings to mind a really mean machine, the Sunbeam Tiger sports car, a smallish car with a Ford V8 engine 4+litres, jeez that could move and the exhaust note, the music of pure desire.
Oily

Hi GOM and ROF, this is a Singer Gazelle, subtle differences, main being the Rapier has the tail fins.
Oily

Singer_Gazelle_VI_reg_1966_1725_cc. cr Charles01 cc by sa 3.0..jpg.jpg

Thanks to servo88 for the pics :smiley: I like the Siddle Cook bus tho’ can’t even hazard a guess at the make.

Thanks to Bob Adams for sharing these from Western Cape Province SA, I’ve read that in South Africa the configuration is known as an Interlink.
Oily

Bob Adams Freightliner Post Office nr P W Bot9ha Airport 18735923819_4aa9e4afb9 ak_o.jpg

Bob Adams FH12 17241958615_a144b22a27a_k.jpg

Spotted the other week in Basildon

Lorry change at Tamworth

Out numbered at Gordano

Any ideas?

Proper job

Ade

oiltreader:
Oily

Hi Oily,
I had a Sunbeam Tiger for about 10 yrs, cracking little car, mine had the Ford 4.7 litre V8 (289 cu in.) the Alpine shells were modified at Jenson motors West Brom to take the Ford engine and box. Dreamed up by Carroll Shelby to sell in America as the Alpine was considered to be a bit gutless for their roads, only made from 65-67, when Chrysler bought out Rootes they dropped the car with a rivals engine fitted.
Wish I still had it today they fetch about 35-50K for a decent one !

Renault 4CV is the car in Lurpaks posting.

Pete.

windrush:
Renault 4CV is the car in Lurpaks posting.

Pete.

Cheers just thought it was a bit different Ade

oiltreader:

grumpy old man:

oiltreader:
Oily

Hi GOM and ROF, this is a Singer Gazelle, subtle differences, main being the Rapier has the tail fins.
Oily

It was a long time ago, pal! :wink:

Hi Oily that snap of the sunbeam certainly got everyone going, pleased i put it on now. Well he,s a few more wagons, Regards servo :slight_smile:

CIMG2573.JPG

CIMG2763.JPG
CIMG2575.JPG

hi oilreader few of our continental friends on the A1 Last month. bumper

Few here from Canada
Came across the bus now being used as a café / takeaway. There was signwritten plaque inside saying it was last painted in St Helens in 1973.

P1010101.JPG

P1010095.JPG

P1010090.JPG

P1010072.JPG

P1010067.JPG

P1010044.JPG

P1000810.JPG

Sorry about the bus, tried always to get it right way, can anyone help !!

tyneside:
Sorry about the bus, tried always to get it right way, can anyone help !!

Yes Tyneside and thanks for the pics :smiley:
Oily

Thanks to lurpak, servo88, bumper and tyneside for the pics a grand lot, also Trev H for the info :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Earlier this week in Inverness this “oldish” Scania looked and sounded well.
Oily

Hi Tyneside. This looks like a genuine ex St Helens Corporation Leyland Titan PD2A with a a radiator and bonnet style which became known as “The St Helens Front” The bus also has the standard St Helens style destination aperture layout.

Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi Tyneside. This looks like a genuine ex St Helens Corporation Leyland Titan PD2A with a a radiator and bonnet style which became known as “The St Helens Front” The bus also has the standard St Helens style destination aperture layout.

Cheers, Leyland 600

I came across it in Canmore Alberta about a month ago. Unfortunately the owner wasn’t around to ask for any more info but the two girls running the café told me it was driven around two or three different locations every week. Tyneside

few more from Canada Tyneside

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

Leyland600:

Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Leyland 600 …MCW bodied mebbe :question: put me right.
Oily