Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

84755956_10156918095638085_3591035178526441472_n.jpg
81227522_2837546399672006_4845038351897591808_n.jpg

Not my pics

Here is a logging truck exhibited at a Forestry Industry Exhibition taking place on Rotarua racecourse New Zealand in 2006 fitted with " Bigfoot" tyre pressure adjustment system. Pure chance I came across this excellent show when on a visit to NZ.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

IMG_2441 copy.jpg

Pont Timber Wagon.JPG

Couple more Volvo’s and a push chair where the wheel at the back looks as if its going to collapse pretty soon, Buzzer.

Many years ago (1967) Wullie N and I were hauling Shell Star fertilizer out of J.W. Watts, London Rd store in Carlisle to farms in South West Scotland. I had a Foden S21 8 wheeler and Wullie an LAD cabbed Albion Chieftain still in this smart livery.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Here is a logging truck exhibited at a Forestry Industry Exhibition taking place on Rotarua racecourse New Zealand in 2006 fitted with " Bigfoot" tyre pressure adjustment system. Pure chance I came across this excellent show when on a visit to NZ.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Aren’t such devices subject to be torn away, especially on forest lanes?

Buzzer:
Couple more Volvo’s and a push chair where the wheel at the back looks as if its going to collapse pretty soon, Buzzer.

I’ve forwarded third Pic to all my English-speaking friends; great!

Had my first of two Covid jabs yesterday :smiley:

Thanks to Buzzer, Dennis Javelin, jshepguis, DEANB, Suedehead, Leyland600 and Lawrence Dunbar for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Oily
Dashcam snaps on A9 Perth Inverness and Quayside on A82 Ft William Glasgow.

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Takes me back, how about you ? Buzzer.

Indeed it does. But there are times when I think we really lived in a different world. We did things for ourselves, spoke less about “my rights” ( I always told my kids don’t think about your rights, just your duties to others) and rarely thought whether one could get compensation whenever something went wrong…

I can never ever remember any school I went to being closed because of the weather. And in our day the ‘school run’ (mothers in 4x4’s) hadn’t been invented, we had to get there under our own steam.

Hers a shot of a Volvo of FB which was owned by a contributor to this thread Oily, cheers Buzzer.

139515083_1782904901874198_4212470338781450700_n.jpg

grumpy old man:

Dipster:

Buzzer:
Takes me back, how about you ? Buzzer.

Indeed it does. But there are times when I think we really lived in a different world. We did things for ourselves, spoke less about “my rights” ( I always told my kids don’t think about your rights, just your duties to others) and rarely thought whether one could get compensation whenever something went wrong…

I can never ever remember any school I went to being closed because of the weather. And in our day the ‘school run’ (mothers in 4x4’s) hadn’t been invented, we had to get there under our own steam.

Well I lived in the south as a child so snow was never an issue…we very rarely saw any and I only lived a ten minute walk from school so came home each lunchtime (sometimes I even went back after lunch!) and it was on the same main A road we lived on. There wasn’t much in the way of heating at school anyway so I doubt that we would have missed it if it wasn’t working, but then we didn’t have much heat at home either. :laughing:

Pete.

grumpy old man:

Same here, on my 2 mile walk to school the first half was on an unpaved narrow path sandwiched between a ditch and the main Nottingham to Derby A 52 trunk road with heavy lorries, buses and cars thundering past inches from my elbow. Dad used to cycle off to work in his trench coat and trilby but even when Grandad died and left us his car the thought of giving me and my little brother a lift never occurred to anyone. :unamused: :laughing:

121043019_132443455279107_7446467810730887414_n.jpgCouple of long gone local (to me) hauliers NMPs

Being raised in Buxton snow was just part of life , no schools closed we had to get there the best way we could . We weren’t even allowed long trousers until we were 13 but that was life in the 50s . It amuses me to hear the weather warnings for 5cm of snow , that’s 2 inches in old money .

NMP
Any ideas what model the body shells are ?

They look like Humber Snipe’s I think,long time ago now!

David

Suedehead:

NMP

The radiator shape reminds me of Alvis I think. I have owned a Super Snipe and a Hawk and neither looked like that

Spardo:

Suedehead:

NMP

The radiator shape reminds me of Alvis I think. I have owned a Super Snipe and a Hawk and neither looked like that

I think they are “early” Humbers from the 50’s.