Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

The company you are thinking of was Eastham Kitchen Furniture who operated two or three Leyland Tiger Cubs with locally built bodywork. I cannot remember the name of the body builder but will find out from a friend who does know.
Update Sun 18th Oct. The bodies were built by a small company at Treales near Kirkham called Rawstrone & Hewitson.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Eastham Kitchens Tig Cub..PNG

Just look at this old fore court of motors for sale, takes you back does’nt it, Buzzer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aye Buzzer, sitting there quietly rusting away. Leave them outside for a few months in our winter climate and in spring there would just be 28 rubber rings and a large puddle of brown water remaining where they once stood! :laughing:

Pete.

Thanks to Frankydobo, jshepguis, Buzzer and Leyland600 for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All credit to SCP for this photo of H Baker Haulage Cat powered Foden .
Oily

TKN SCP Seen on the outskirts of Harrogate on the same day of the Trans Pennine run is this CAT powered Foden. 45985931774_de03f8cb8b_k.jpg

oiltreader:
Thanks to ERF-NGC-European for the link :smiley:
Done a bit of toil this one.
Oily

Great photo Oily

jshepguis:
Unusual F86 tipper wagon and drag from the NA3T website.
NMP

I bet the Little Chef loved having that on their car park,!!

Buzzer…
Is that JD Crawford 88 an original photo, or is it a motor that has been restored today?

robroy:
Buzzer…
Is that JD Crawford 88 an original photo, or is it a motor that has been restored today?

Not sure about that but got off FB, someone will know if it a restored jobbie, Buzzer

Buzzer:

robroy:
Buzzer…

Not sure about that but got off FB, someone will know if it a restored jobbie, Buzzer

When I used to go off with a mate when I was a young lad, (he was from Haltwhistle area originally) and we used to meet up for nights out in Aldgate, Sheperds Bush, and one night at Park Hall nightclub behind Charnock Rich services, with a few Crawford lads who were his mates.
I still recall the hangovers. :smiley:
That photo brought back memories.

The Dennis Crawford motor is a restored unit that takes part in rallies these days. I am fairly sure it is one of their original tractor units but it is indepenantly owned as the company ceased trading some years ago.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Derrick of Bristol were frequently on the Stena Cherbourg boat.

A couple of heavies

A46 (3).JPG

Ade

Leyland600:
The Dennis Crawford motor is a restored unit that takes part in rallies these days. I am fairly sure it is one of their original tractor units but it is indepenantly owned as the company ceased trading some years ago.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Cheers Gerald, I thought it looked a bit too clean and ‘new’ on the pic.

Are you managing to avoid the ‘plague’ btw ? :smiley:

I’d always pick the ERF any day .

Punchy Dan:

Even I would over those two DAF’s and a Mercedes! :unamused:

Pete.

:smiling_imp:

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

Even I would over those two DAF’s and a Mercedes! :unamused:

Pete.

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

It’s got a TY Northumberland/Newcastle reg plate. I remember them well,used to tip toluene and white spirit in Hadrian Paints Haltwhistle int 70s. There was a cafe on westbound side of A69 as well.

IIRC,The cafe you mentioned was Crawfords also, There was also another cafe on the old road before the second bye pass was built,I cant recall its name but the grub was spot on, There was a Tyre Co behind this cafe , Regards Larry.

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

1974 Volvo F88 (reg. OTY 734M) tractor with tanker trailer, pictured at the end of the 2012 HCVS Tyne-Tees Run. It’s in the livery of J.D. Crawford & Company Ltd, with its original trailer.
Cheers G.
Oily

Thanks to lurpak and Punchy Dan for the pics :smiley: :smiley: and all the craic :smiley:
Oily
Beck and Pollitzer est 1863 and still going, all credit to Len Rogers for the photo.