Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Outrigger should have been extended,wouldn’t fancy turning it around so the stacker could get to the rest of the load!

David

Might of been an idea put that lift axle down as well.
Wouldn’t want to be the springs or air bags on the near side !
You would of thought the axle would come down if it’s being loaded or not of come up till at least
a few more packs had come off.

That’s how we used to load at the brick fields. Agreed about the outrigger though. I had one go through the tarmac with a crane truck, it was on a bit of sleeper too. Probably a pikie job.

facebook.com/groups/America … 009781221/
This is for the tyre men, Dennis should like this one !?

coomsey:
American Truck Historical Society - ATHS | Facebook

Love the caps and bow ties of the Inter drivers’ club. :laughing:

Suedehead:

coomsey:
Off FB. Wonder how long it took to do Bristol n back ?

More to the point, i noticed it says" continental" on the van.
I presume the body would be sent over unaccompanied ?

It’s what was called a lift van, (would be called a container today), transferred onto a railway wagon for long journeys.
Bernard

coomsey:
American Truck Historical Society - ATHS | Facebook

Now that is an “old new take” on re-treading ! Interesting idea but probably never caught on ! :frowning: Cheers Dennis. :wink:

Punchy Dan:
0will old Windrush know where this is ?

Want’s grassing up for fly tipping in an old Quarry :open_mouth: :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dave docwra:
Credit to Ifor Roberts for the picture, Anyone recognise these Leyland models.

Their was a company at i think Lytham St Annes that made fitted kitchen that used Leyland tiger cub pantechnicons ,the cabs were very similar ,thank you Trevor

Going back a little and modern day, Buzzer.

Indeed a very smart motor that Volvo of Judge’s, Buzzer, but wouldn’t you have had a cross on the front of the wagon’s bales? I know I would. He had crosses on both rears, sensible enough, but no front cross on the trailer either. Not so important there though, perhaps.

Looking at it again though, as only one bale is proud of the headboard, no chance of the stack toppling. :neutral_face:

Some more Richard Read. Here you are Kinngswinford kit

Cheers Ade

Thanks to Buzzer and lurpak for the pics :smiley: :smiley: and all the other craic :smiley:
Livestock wagons working in the Highlands over the last few years.
Oily

TKN Livestock 22424971678_07d08124ae_k.jpg

TKN Livestock 25607996161_cde55844c6_k.jpg

TKN Livestock 8682239489_427194920b_k.jpg

TKN Livestock 42153761331_ecacf17dcc_o.jpg

A couple for Gary(gazasa401), all credit to kitemasterbloke for the photos.
Oily

lurpak:

Cheers Ade

Hi Ade ,great pics ,im fine ,and hope your ok ,i see RRs site has now been remodeled ,would that be for industrial use ? regards Keith

Someone was asking if anyone knows the livery colours of the old Filshill Confectioners from Glasgow, needed for a Bedford O Series model project, maybe our members North of the border may recall, the company still exists but with a modern white livery and blue shadowed red signwriting, which may be a clue to the old colours but difficult to tell from this Black and White pic from late 30’s early 40’s. A fine line up of vehicles from back then. Franky.

kingswinford kit:

lurpak:

Cheers Ade

Hi Ade ,great pics ,im fine ,and hope your ok ,i see RRs site has now been remodeled ,would that be for industrial use ? regards Keith

HI Keith, thanks for that. I think it’s remodeled as small units not sure what though.
Cheers Ade

Unusual F86 tipper wagon and drag from the NA3T website.
NMP

CZC00056-07.jpg

The tipper looks as if it were built from the chassis of a 6x4 truck.

Here are some Volvo’s for today, Buzzer.

121520361_1972336079573979_6650928039698813343_n.jpg