Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

pv83:
Nostalgic pic of the week…? :wink:

google.co.uk/maps/@55.92181 … 312!8i6656

This is the current view of the location and on the satellite view you can see the alignment of the M8 which was built on reclaimed land at the other side of the railway line
google.co.uk/maps/@55.92244 … a=!3m1!1e3

oiltreader:
Quest lorry info and crackin pics from pyewacket947v
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 5&t=146081
Oily

Here’s one of their coaches with bodywork by Reeve Burgess

NMP

Watching the progress whilst enjoying breakfast in Coalville :laughing: I’am turning in to a Bewick pointy shoes type :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blooming ‘Big Brother’ lives on! :smiling_imp: Thank goodness Frank and Eric Gough never had one of those when I drove for them!! :smiley:

Pete.

Watching the progress whilst enjoying breakfast in Coalville :laughing: I’am turning in to a Bewick pointy shoes type :laughing:

which caff you in dan, always found dawnies the best along there…

m.a.n rules:

Yes :wink:

95CB3713-7D32-4FE0-9283-53F873FEFDB2.jpeggood netting bungeeing ect rope :blush:

m.a.n rules:

One description that could never be levelled at me mate was being a member of the “pointy Shoe” Brigade :open_mouth: My Operations Manager and our traffic operators and Myself had all “done the job” in the sheeting & roping days ! :smiley: There were never any “pointy shoe” Walla’s employed at Bewick Transport ! :wink: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
0good netting bungeeing ect rope :blush:

How many drops Dan’l ?

24 drops all in one big shed hiab off load with the pallet forks ,I could supply you with some of the load body bags ,masks ,hand sanitizer,gowns ,gloves ect :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
good netting bungeeing ect rope :blush:

How many drops Dan’l ?

Dennis Javelin:

pv83:

This is the current view of the location and on the satellite view you can see the alignment of the M8 which was built on reclaimed land at the other side of the railway line

Nice find Dennis, cheers! Can’t recall being on that side before, I did however tipped a couple of times in Dumbarton, always enjoyed the scenery up there.

Cheers, Patrick

pv83:

Dennis Javelin:

pv83:

Nice find Dennis, cheers! Can’t recall being on that side before, I did however tipped a couple of times in Dumbarton, always enjoyed the scenery up there.

Cheers, Patrick

Thanks. The M8 at this point is very scenic as this view illustrates:
google.co.uk/maps/@55.92267 … 384!8i8192

Punchy Dan:
024 drops all in one big shed hiab off load with the pallet forks ,I could supply you with some of the load body bags ,masks ,hand sanitizer,gowns ,gloves ect :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
1good netting bungeeing ect rope :blush:

How many drops Dan’l ?

Wot’s wrong wid me shoes Dan’l ? at least they are almost new and polished but not toe tectors as I got promoted to the office and had just popped out to give a bit of instruction like ! Cheers.

oiltreader:

tastrucker:

oiltreader:
Thanks to Punchy Dan, pv83, Ray Smyth and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Livestock wagons up north.
Oily

hello Oily ,did you ever come across L E Jones from Ruthin ,they used to do a lot of Scottish work ,thank you Trevor

Hello Trevor, not myself but one here at Dingwall Mart snapped by my late good friend Ronnie Cameron.
Cheers
Oily

Hello Oily ,thank you ,yes L E Jones as i said did a lot of Scottish work with livestock ,and they use the A470 down to South Wales ,years ago they were hauling alluminium from Holyhead down to Swansea ,thank you Trevor

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
024 drops all in one big shed hiab off load with the pallet forks ,I could supply you with some of the load body bags ,masks ,hand sanitizer,gowns ,gloves ect :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
1good netting bungeeing ect rope :blush:

How many drops Dan’l ?

Wot’s wrong wid me shoes Dan’l ? at least they are almost new and polished but not toe tectors as I got promoted to the office and had just popped out to give a bit of instruction like ! Cheers.

Dennis, I thought drivers of your calibre wore TUF Big T boots (there’s a blast from the past for you).
Bernard

Thanks to pyewacket947v, Punchy Dan and Dennis Javelin for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and the craic is going well :smiley:
From the Highlands.
Oily

1966 and a fine looking motor.
Oily

2 blue chip company lorries on Taunton Services .

3 June 1985
A38/M5 Wychbold Junction.
Worcs
Q233 FAD
A AEC Matador 4x4, still earning a living
clearing land for the M5 widening…

Hi Oily as you probably know this AEC Marshall was often parked up overnight on The Sands at Carlisle along with a few other fridge vans frae the Buchan district. The Marshall was popular with these hauliers at that time T M Catto, S A Macraes, Gibbs and others
Cheers, Leyland 600