Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

tyneside:
This was taken in Byker, Newcastle but not sure when or how the front axle became detached from the rest of the vehicle. Tyneside

Heres a bit more about the Scammell with the F88 cab. Heanor’s converted them and from memory i think they conveted
3 with F88 cabs.

hh parnabys 2 phh.PNG

hh parnabys 1 phh.PNG

Same motor in Heanor’s original colours.

Bewick:

Buzzer:
One to jog Dennis’s memory bank, Buzzer.

That looks a tidy motor Buzzer it would have been called a Super Comet in years past ! Albion axle, 6 speed O/d and 401 Leyland engine ! But the fuel tank filler looks a bit difficult to access so probably it was just a "show " motor ! Cheers Dennis.

I remember that lorry doing a weekend road run in wales Back in 2006/7 may be , the driver hit the side rave on a house wall in Dolgellau and made a mess of it .

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
A mile up the road is a hidden cave :laughing:

There is no doubt that the towel will have been nicked from possibly a B&B in Blackpool or Skeggy !! But how’s this for a scenario " Boss Hogg----- hey Lads ( to other Vosas) come and have a butchers of this relic we have snared, it must be 30 years since I seen one of these !!! Is that anchor and chain the brakes ? and what is a “Tacho chart” Oh! we’ve got one 'ere Lads ee’ll need a lowloader recovery trailer to get this GV9 virus home !! can’t risk giving it a “delayed” ticket oh no it’s more than my jobs worth eh! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That towel is the best I could afford :open_mouth:,any way the authorities now have all the info they need to stop the big fish :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A few from Cornwall. I have put them on before but and haven’t been on for a while.

Cornish Commercials (4).JPG

Cornish Commercials (5).JPG

Ade

That DUKW brings back memories of the two "Wacker Quackers, or “Yellow Duckmarines” that used to do tours of Liverpool followed by a trip down the slipway into Salthouse Dock and around to Albert Dock. I took one of those rides in 2013, and it was on the news the next day that one of them had taken on water and sunk in the dock. Luckily no-one was injured, but the tours were banned after that. Apparently it was the second such incident in Liverpool. I thought at the time that the extra superstructure made them top-heavy.

That DUKW brings back memories of the two "Wacker Quackers, or “Yellow Duckmarines” that used to do tours of Liverpool followed by a trip down the slipway into Salthouse Dock and around to Albert Dock. I took one of those rides in 2013, and it was on the news the next day that one of them had taken on water and sunk in the dock. Luckily no-one was injured, but the tours were banned after that. Apparently it was the second such incident in Liverpool. I thought at the time that the extra superstructure made them top-heavy.

A few for today and think they are mainly from Kent, Buzzer.

1511735_418057158327488_2067671778_n (1).jpg

1157727_450207581779112_1068965472_n.jpg

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

Thanks to tyneside, Frankydobo, coomsey, Punchy Dan, Buzzer, DEANB, Lawrence Dunbar and lurpak for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: also all the crack and info :smiley:
Good to see Ade(lurpak) back having been through a long spell off work due to ill health and now back on a lorry again.
One going back a couple of years or more before the dreaded lurgy struck.
Oily

Adrian (12).jpg

Calders, an old Washington company, no longer with us. Don’t know any of the people or the dog I am afraid. Tyneside

I worked with a lad at Van Hee from Washington who once worked for Calders, nice lad, he said Calders was a great job, its hard to imagine looking at the area now where their works once was, and that of Cooks Iron Wks next to Calders, that there had been any industry at all at the spot. Drivers today will pass over it on the A195 Northumberland Way when delivering to ASDA or the other units further along. There is a Calder’s Crescent not on the exact place of the Timber Yard but likely named after the works. Franky.

Hi Franky I started at Washington Grammar in 1965, just as the New Town development was starting. By then the motorway up from the Tyne Tunnel along the bottom of Springwell Village was under construction and Donwell Village and the Usworth Flats had been started.
The bus on the way to school went from Eighton Banks to Springwell down Village Lane and then turned left at the Havanah Army Camp and down Blue House Lane past the F pit and then turned right up Spout Lane and on to the village.
I was mates with a lad who lived on Biddick Lane past the Vic and remember Calders from when I would go to his house.

As soon as I was old enough to climb into the cab by myself I would go with our Cattle Waggons and a lot of work was for Farmers around Washington, some I can recall:-

Dryden’s behind the Washington Arms,
Bellerby’s and Joe Shaw both on the Village Green at High Usworth,
Potts at Low Barmston
Gordon Proud at West Moor opposite the Horse Shoes Pub
Snowdon’s Hillthorn (next to the Seven Houses)
We also did a lot for Lord Lambton and I can remember loading cattle from the stone buildings that now form part of the Biddick Arts Centre.

All gone now, even the old school has been demolished and rebuilt !!

Cheers Tyneside

Thanks to tyneside for the pics :smiley:
1963 and our first house in Cowley took us next door to a family by the name of Richardson who hailed from Washington, grand folk they were.
Oily

Couple of Worcestershire wagons, the Vic Haines ERF was new to Richard Read of Longhope, all credit to SCP.
Oily

29 May 1985
Christian Salvesen Depot
Droitwich Spa ,Worcs.
WRN 872T
A John Marsh/Blackpool Van Transport Sisu cabbed Dennison,
This one as a Rolls engine.
Fairly regular visitors to Droitwich for a while.
I liked the look of these Irish assembled motors…
The pantograph wipers reminded me of the DAF 2600