Over speeds and roadside fines

Seeing as we are on the subject…are limiters set the same across europe, in other words, is it an Eu directive…was just thinking of what Andrew said about his company setting theirs to 100 kmph…if its true then theyre taking a big chance…but the Spanish always seems to go as fast as the irish. :smiley:

truckyboy:
Seeing as we are on the subject…are limiters set the same across europe, in other words, is it an Eu directive…was just thinking of what Andrew said about his company setting theirs to 100 kmph…if its true then theyre taking a big chance…but the Spanish always seems to go as fast as the irish. :smiley:

Pretty sure it is an Eu directive.And i did read somewhere that if its set for over 91ks its an mot failure.Clearly the spanish are’nt as ■■■■ about it as we seem to be

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

truckyboy:

Pretty sure it is an Eu directive.And i did read somewhere that if its set for over 91ks its an mot failure.Clearly the spanish are’nt as ■■■■ about it as we seem to be

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Get the tacho set to the limit of it’s K factor and have it calibrated on worn tyres before fitting new ones will get you to around 95km/h perfectly legally :smiley:

truckyboy:

Youre not wrong mate, it is taking a chance but…to date theres never been any real problem (not to my knowledge at least).
Nothing comes past me on the gradients but on the flat theres many that do, i could make a list of some Euro hauliers that must be on 110+. As for the tangs, theyre a law unto themselves… :stuck_out_tongue:

Mazzer2:
Get the tacho set to the limit of it’s K factor and have it calibrated on worn tyres before fitting new ones will get you to around 95km/h perfectly legally :smiley:

In mainland Europe they measure the circumference of the drive tyres before calibration to avoid this as a possibility.

Ignore the silly old boy who claims to be from Spain, if a lorry gets pulled with a 100kph limiter, the garage doing the calibration will lose their licence faster than you can say “dos cervezas, por favor” :laughing:

Microlise over speeds are set by the company operating the software, parameters as mentioned above.

Tachograph over speeds (the ones that flash on the display) are set at 5kph above speed limiter setting.

One of our drivers got a recorded over speed of 121kph but company not really bothered as they told him it’s his licence

Well I am here in spain and must be the slowest on the road sitting on 55mph as my sat nav is showing
,everything breezes past me on the straight and up hill, down hill a different story but I have obtained a load of overspeeds ,
Am hoping these overspeeds wont be a problem if I get a tug by the Spanish , a few of them should show over 60 mph

nedflanders:
Well I am here in spain and must be the slowest on the road sitting on 55mph as my sat nav is showing
,everything breezes past me on the straight and up hill, down hill a different story but I have obtained a load of overspeeds ,
Am hoping these overspeeds wont be a problem if I get a tug by the Spanish , a few of them should show over 60 mph

You could be a fair bit over your 97km/h re over speeds and can assure you you’ll be absolutely fine. Dont do anything silly on the road and they’ll leave you alone…

This guy doesnt hang about… :stuck_out_tongue:

youtube.com/watch?v=iX9Kfgl2C7c

Sixties boy:
Microlise over speeds are set by the company operating the software, parameters as mentioned above.

Tachograph over speeds (the ones that flash on the display) are set at 5kph above speed limiter setting.

Then why does my Volvo give over speed at 91kmh and over after 60seconds.

AndrewG:
You could be a fair bit over your 97km/h re over speeds and can assure you you’ll be absolutely fine. Dont do anything silly on the road and they’ll leave you alone…

I’m sure the Guardia Civil will abandon pursuit of easy money from foreign lorries just because you said so. Please keep your posts on the level of saying “^^^^This” and giving lengthy descriptions of an enterprise that doesn’t exist.

Whereas I did promise not to point out the continous fallacy that is the poster in question, I’m afraid a line has to be drawn where terrible and faulty advice is given. Especially such that has the potential of costing serious amount of currency.

biggriffin:

Sixties boy:

I believe you can have the point at which the overspeed is set to adjusted with the workshop card or the next time it goes in for calibration

Mazzer2:

biggriffin:

Sixties boy:

I believe you can have the point at which the overspeed is set to adjusted with the workshop card or the next time it goes in for calibration

I thought a tacho will show overspeed at 91kmh because that is overspeeding - going faster than the 90kmh limit that trucks are allowed to achieve under their own power. The fact that in the UK, we have a speed limit of 60mph doesn’t stop the fact that you’re still overspeeding.

56-60mph - overspeeding, NOT speeding.
60+mph - overspeeding, AND speeding.

Doesn’t the overspeed warning on digital do exactly the same as the little red light on an analogue? You could set it at what you wanted with a thumbnail or screwdriver!

I think they were normally set at 40mph in [emoji636]

Punchy Dan:
Can someone explain ,I have no digi card and no experience of using digi ,however talking to a driver today and looking at his down loaded Rha analysts things it shows over speeds and suggests possible £100 penalty ,so does that mean that these lorries that pass me in excess of a constant 90 ks could possibly be fined at a road side check ? Or are they the ones with the k factor set wrong to cover the speed ?

The speed limit is 60mph. If you don’t go over that, no fine. Speed cameras record your actual speed; the tacho will record what it thinks is your speed, which may actually be higher than the real thing; if your sat-nav consistently says you’re doing 53mph when the speedo says 56, you may be able to challenge any attempt to prosecute with this information, especially if you’ve put it in the defect report.

IndigoJo:

Punchy Dan:
Can someone explain ,I have no digi card and no experience of using digi ,however talking to a driver today and looking at his down loaded Rha analysts things it shows over speeds and suggests possible £100 penalty ,so does that mean that these lorries that pass me in excess of a constant 90 ks could possibly be fined at a road side check ? Or are they the ones with the k factor set wrong to cover the speed ?

The speed limit is 60mph. If you don’t go over that, no fine. Speed cameras record your actual speed; the tacho will record what it thinks is your speed, which may actually be higher than the real thing; if your sat-nav consistently says you’re doing 53mph when the speedo says 56, you may be able to challenge any attempt to prosecute with this information, especially if you’ve put it in the defect report.

Must remember to put that one down as a defect, truck speedo different to sat nav.

:unamused:

TheUncaringCowboy:

IndigoJo:

Must remember to put that one down as a defect, truck speedo different to sat nav.

The operative word is consistently.

IndigoJo:

TheUncaringCowboy:

IndigoJo:

The operative word is consistently.

I would laugh in your face very loudly if you gave me a defect report with that on it.

Now to many people hate who foreigh drivers go to fast and no get penalty for this and talk who all problem with Europian Union.I driver by car 2 week ago to Spain.Yesterday in England ready get letter which dated 17.05 who 14.05 i drive 124km/h with 100km/p limit.I get penalty 100 euro or 50 if i will paid in 20 day time .Why Spain can sent letter in 10-12 day to Uk.But UK can t sent to Poland or anywhere?May be it is not EU problem but UK Police fault??
p.s i will paid this penalty today or tomorrow.