One for Trucknet CSI Special branch!

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
In which case it would be interesting in this case to find out if the car was actually turning right from A 50 to A 521 and got collected by a right turning vehicle from the left lane.Which is a good bet.

There is no right from A50 to A521. It’s straight ahead. Why are you finding this simple Road layout so perplexing?

Are you serious.Even rentadent agrees that it’s a right when going from the A 50 to the A 521 from the opposite direction. :unamused:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155024&start=30#p2480775

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
In which case it would be interesting in this case to find out if the car was actually turning right from A 50 to A 521 and got collected by a right turning vehicle from the left lane.Which is a good bet.

There is no right from A50 to A521. It’s straight ahead. Why are you finding this simple Road layout so perplexing?

Are you serious.Even rentadent agrees that it’s a right when going from the A 50 to the A 521 from the opposite direction. :unamused:

Well that’s irrelevant for the purposes of this incident quite frankly

I bet you carry a highway code in your anorack pocket don’t you and go out hunting for roads that contradict it so you can cause chaos and wave the highway code at the other drivers :smiley:

Carryfast:

:laughing:
Thats a cracking way to word it.
Im keeping that for future use!

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

How so when you don’t know whether it was a case of a collision at the A 521 exit caused by someone using the wrong right lane going straight ahead from A 50 to A 521.Or correctly using the right lane to turn right from A 50 to A 521.

It’s clear that,just like many here,the road planners have zb’d up by forgetting that it is possible for traffic to ‘correctly’ exit the roundabout at the A 521 from the ‘right’ hand land when turning ‘right’ from A 50 to A 521. :unamused:

Why does curryfart keeping going on if a driver cant ready the road marking then there ■■■■■■.

switchlogic:
I bet you carry a highway code in your anorack pocket don’t you and go out hunting for roads that contradict it so you can cause chaos and wave the highway code at the other drivers :smiley:

Only if I was driving a long nose Pete wrecker fitted with a big roo bar and turning right from A 50 to 521 and you can bet that I’d get the timing right to make sure that I’m not the one who gets hit in the side.

:smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously and to be fair it’s those using the left lane to turn right on a roundabout and their mates on the council helping them to do it who are causing all the chaos.To the point where as usual it makes the right hand lane of the roundabout redundant for anyone turning right from the A 50 to the 521 there because using it makes it too dangerous to take the A 521 exit.So ideally they need to get in the left lane immediately after they enter the roundabout and before reaching the east bound A 50 entry.In which case how would anyone who doesn’t know it know that.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

How so when you don’t know whether it was a case of a collision at the A 521 exit caused by someone using the wrong right lane going straight ahead from A 50 to A 521.Or correctly using the right lane to turn right from A 50 to A 521.

It’s clear that,just like many here,the road planners have zb’d up by forgetting that it is possible for traffic to ‘correctly’ exit the roundabout at the A 521 from the ‘right’ hand land when turning ‘right’ from A 50 to A 521. :unamused:

Because of a little give way to the right rule at roundabouts meaning someone turning right won’t have anyone on their inside when coming from the opposite direction

Colin_scottish:
Why does curryfart keeping going on if a driver cant ready the road marking then there [zb].

There is no bleedin road marking ‘on the roundabout’ showing left lane only for A 521 and right lane for A 50 only at any point.Let alone where it’s needed before the eastbound A 50 entry.When turning ‘right’ from the A 50 to A 521.

Win-Stone:
Eddie Hall* had been practicing the truck pull for the next event – when the car pulled up in front of him and he got so annoyed that he kicked it out of the road.

Am I close??

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At least pick a decent sportsman :laughing:

Edit: Read the whole thread now and its slightly worrying that some people are allowed to be in control of lorries let alone cars if they cant figure out what lane to be in!

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Because of a little give way to the right rule at roundabouts meaning someone turning right won’t have anyone on their inside when coming from the opposite direction

It isn’t difficult to foresee a situation in which traffic enters the roundabout from the A 50 to A 50 eastbound and A 50 westbound to A 521,at the same time or even a line of slower moving traffic already established in the left lane of the roundabout going from A 50 to A 50 which ends up conflicting with each other on the approach to or at the A 521 exit.That’s why we have the rule of left lane left or straight on only at roundabouts.You should get a job with the council traffic planners you’d fit in well. :laughing: :wink:

Edit- can’t be bothered with this nonsense

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
There is no bleedin road marking ‘on the roundabout’ showing left lane only for A 521 and right lane for A 50 only at any point.Let alone where it’s needed before the eastbound A 50 entry.When turning ‘right’ from the A 50 to A 521.

You’re somewhat confused it seems

Not unless I’ve missed something and there are road markings telling right turning traffic from A 50 to a 521 use the left lane of the roundabout only from the point of entry which are invisible on street view.

I know carry fast harps on about freedom of speech constantly but my god I sometimes wish this wasn’t the case.

Carryfast:
You should get a job with the council traffic planners you’d fit in well. :laughing: :wink:

You should get a job with…oh wait, I forget, you don’t work

image.pngmarkeaton has now got lights on which makes a situation with cars up the inside if your travelling A38 southbound and use the right lane to turn right for Ashbourne .

Punchy Dan:
0markeaton has now got lights on which makes a situation with cars up the inside if your travelling A38 southbound and use the right lane to turn right for Ashbourne .

Realistically in the case of traffic lights on roundabouts interfering with traffic flows and creating conflict between right turning traffic and traffic going straight ahead on roundabouts they need to be reduced to one lane only.

While if they combine dodgy phased traffic lights together with left lane turn right all bets are off.I’m sure it’s a conspiracy between the councils and the insurance companies,to create more income from the resulting insurance premium rises imposed 50/50 on colliding drivers,than the damage costs. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Carryfast:

You can’t even work out which way the vehicles are headed on the roundabout.

All you have done is make yourself look like a fool by arguing your case about an incident that hasn’t not happened from the direction you are arguing about.

Coming along the a50 from Stoke heading for Uttoxeter the signs are abundantly clear.

Both lanes for turning right and left lane for straight on onto the a521 ways been like that as long as I can remember driving.

And as for arguing road riles are wrong that doesn’t cut it either.

Follow the high way code rules on roundabouts unless road marking dictate otherwise.

The only reasons things like this happen is people not having a clue what they are doing, reading road signs or just plain lazy or crap drivers or all the above.

simcor:

Carryfast:

All you have done is make yourself look like a fool by arguing your case about an incident that hasn’t not happened from the direction you are arguing about.

Coming along the a50 from Stoke heading for Uttoxeter the signs are abundantly clear.

Both lanes for turning right and left lane for straight on onto the a521 ways been like that as long as I can remember driving.

Follow the high way code rules on roundabouts unless road marking dictate otherwise.

The only reasons things like this happen is people not having a clue what they are doing, reading road signs or just plain lazy or crap drivers or all the above.

Yes.But coming along the A 50 from Uttoxeter heading towards Blythe Bridge via the A 521 junction at Tean roundabout the the highway code says use the RIGHT lane for the A 521 not the bleedin left lane with the collision clearly having taken place at the exit for the A 521 off the roundabout.Feel free to explain exactly which information states that the vehicles involved were all coming along the A 50 from Stoke.

While even if that was the case in this case that still doesn’t change the fact that the road markings,saying use left lane to turn right when using the roundabout to go from A 50 to A 50 eastbound conflicts with the highway code for traffic turning right from A 50 to A 521 from A 50 westbound correctly using right lane,not the left lane,to get to the same A 521 exit. :unamused:

Carryfast:

simcor:

Carryfast:

Yes.But coming along the A 50 from Uttoxeter heading towards Blythe Bridge via the A 521 junction at Tean roundabout the the highway code says use the RIGHT lane for the A 521 not the bleedin left lane with the collision clearly having taken place at the exit for the A 521 off the roundabout.Feel free to explain exactly which information states that the vehicles involved were all coming along the A 50 from Stoke.

While even if that was the case in this case that still doesn’t change the fact that the road markings,saying use left lane to turn right when using the roundabout to go from A 50 to A 50 eastbound conflicts with the highway code for traffic turning right from A 50 to A 521 from A 50 westbound correctly using right lane,not the left lane,to get to the same A 521 exit. :unamused:

I’d say 99.9% chance they were both coming from Stoke on the A50.

Truck has clipped the nearside as car has tried to make it in front could have done the same if the car was travelling in the direction you suggest. Car went for a spin a tumble.

Either way however it happened its always use your head. Follow the highway code rules on roundabouts unless road markings/signs dictate otherwise and even then have some sense of what vehicle around you are doing and it wouldn’t ha e happened.

I agree though it it a daft roundabout but there is plenty of them.

If it’s right lane lane only a50 to a521 the yes technically it should also right lane only a50 to a50. So that’s the bit I agree with you on.

I imagine the two lanes for turning right to stay on the a50 was done because of the volume of traffic that is heading along the a50 as opposed to how much traffic enters exits the a521. Most road changes are done to alleviate congestion and make the traffic flow as smoothly as possible, doesn’t mean it will make sense or could end up causing traffic crossing the path of other traffic.

And on one last point actually if you are trying to enter the roundabout and there is traffic approaching from your right that is turning right you should be entering the roundabout anyway in either lane until the way ahead is clear.