Straight to the point

Followed a truck today and saw it had a signs on warning people on bikes about going to the left of the truck when turning, but this one was a bit different.

LEFT HAND SIDE
:cry:
Suicide

RIGHT HAND SIDE
:smiley:
Correct way.

Straight to the point I thought never seen it said so bluntly before but they STILL DO IT, GRR!!! Do we need to fit neon signs!!! :open_mouth: :unamused: :exclamation:

Don’t get me started on cyclists :imp: . Up here in DK they are king and have full right of way. When the traffic stops on a “dual carriageway” it’s normally some numb-nut ambling across the turning on a push bike. When I’m on foot with the children they come speeding up behind us ringing them bloody bells forcing you out the way :imp: .

They know it’s a problem, the Danish radio tells cyclists to be aware of foreign car’s in the summer. It’s also been on the news about special braking devices being fitted to trucks due to cyclist deaths in city areas. :unamused: .

In my very humble opinion you could fit bells, whistles and a disco to warn them. It still won’t work. Its the trucks fault dont you know :confused: .

you are ASSUMING that they can READ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

yes ive seen that too…

made me chuckkle… then got thinking how good it was…

Saw him on the m25 near reigate not so long ago.

I do a bit of cycling myself, but I can’t stand cyclists who completely disregard the highway code and then call you a ■■■■■■ for not seeing them in your blind spot.

When I’m on my bike, I behave just like a motor vehicle would (albeit a bit slower) to that it’s easy for drivers to predict what I’m going to do. If I am going to skip a queue, it’ll be down the pavement if it’s empty and nobody else will potentially be harmed by me doing that - not taking off peoples wing mirrors and putting myself in severe danger.

Just tonight I saw a female cyclist trying to battle down the left hand side of a slowly crawling queue of cars who then rode onto the pavement and pressed the button of a pelican crossing (not intended for use by cyclists) so that she could cross to the other side and take a road to my right. If she had the brains to overtake the vehicles on the right hand side - correct side - she could have just turned off instantly right as there were no vehicles coming the other way.

I pity the fool!

Better still is writing on your under-run bar in the dirt " YOUR SKID STOPS HERE".

pecjam23:
Followed a truck today and saw it had a signs on warning people on bikes about going to the left of the truck when turning, but this one was a bit different.

LEFT HAND SIDE
Suicide

RIGHT HAND SIDE
Correct way.

Straight to the point I thought never seen it said so bluntly before but they STILL DO IT, GRR!!! Do we need to fit neon signs!!! :open_mouth: :unamused: :exclamation:

been seeig that for years
ROG got it right “can they read”
worst ones are a cycling club 2 or 3 abreast and racing each other then look when u overtake em as if your doing wrong :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

manowar:
Saw him on the m25 near reigate not so long ago.

I do a bit of cycling myself, but I can’t stand cyclists who completely disregard the highway code and then call you a ■■■■■■ for not seeing them in your blind spot.

When I’m on my bike, I behave just like a motor vehicle would (albeit a bit slower) to that it’s easy for drivers to predict what I’m going to do. If I am going to skip a queue, it’ll be down the pavement if it’s empty and nobody else will potentially be harmed by me doing that - not taking off peoples wing mirrors and putting myself in severe danger.

Just tonight I saw a female cyclist trying to battle down the left hand side of a slowly crawling queue of cars who then rode onto the pavement and pressed the button of a pelican crossing (not intended for use by cyclists) so that she could cross to the other side and take a road to my right. If she had the brains to overtake the vehicles on the right hand side - correct side - she could have just turned off instantly right as there were no vehicles coming the other way.

I pity the fool!

How good of you,
I’m a complete hooligan on a pushbike, and not an angel on the ones with engines :blush: :blush:
But, still with respect of other road users, and never down the inside of one of us. Can’t stand things in my blind spots, and wouldn’t wish it, on anyone else.

Harry Monk:
Better still is writing on your under-run bar in the dirt " YOUR SKID STOPS HERE".

I seen once low on the lorry front with mirrored letters “IF YOU CAN READ THIS, IT’S TIME TO PRAY” :slight_smile: To be able to read that in car’s reverse mirror lorry has to drive right on his bumper :slight_smile:

pecjam23:

LEFT HAND SIDE
Suicide

RIGHT HAND SIDE
Correct way.

Used to see that many years back

Left side --------------------------- right side

“”“SUICIDE”“” ------------- ““PASSING SIDE””“”

:cry: ----------------------------------------- :sunglasses:

the other variation on the same theme is:

left side right side
UNDERTAKERS OVERTAKERS