One for Trucknet CSI Special branch!

simcor:
Either way however it happened its always use your head. Follow the highway code rules on roundabouts unless road markings/signs dictate otherwise

If it’s right lane lane only a50 to a521 the yes technically it should also right lane only a50 to a50. So that’s the bit I agree with you on.

^ That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Let’s just say that there’d be more chance of such a collision at the A 521 exit because of that definite contradiction in the road layout with the highway code which applies from A 50 westbound,than drivers trying to use the right lane of the roundabout from A 50 eastbound to A 521.

Realistically the road layout needs to be brought back into line with the highway code at roundabouts in both directions to work safely.Especially bearing in mind the example of a truck or car v motorcyclist type collision.Although as I’ve said such numerous examples as this make using the right lane to turn right at roundabouts an increasing no go area and I’d probably approach this roundabout as so often on that basis.Of get into the left lane to turn right ASAP,well before the A 50 entry,after the entry from A 50 westbound anyway and regardless of the highway code because of the big chance of such typical road planning muppetry.

I haven’t read every post thoroughly but the impression I get while skimming the posts is that no one on this forum is 100% sure of which direction anyone was travelling so I’m a little bemused at how you can all still argue about who was to blame.
I don’t suppose its ever crossed anyone’s mind to let the police investigation unit, those people who do this for a living, do their thing instead of falling out with everyone who doesnt agree with you?