Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Frankydobo:
I would say the reg no of the Crossley is GW (London) rather than CW (Burnley) the CW registrations went to March 1930 from 1904, just a pinch too early for this model and London where the vehicle operated from would likely be registered there too. Franky.

Hi Franky, You are correct GW, Is a London reg, Regards Larry.

N M Ps , But Lowdons of Seaton Burn are great mates of mine, Regards Larry.

Tyneside

Denton Square terminus (near the top of the current sliproad from the A69 down to the A1 Southbound).

Eastgate cement works weardale

Eastgate cement works.jpg

“Eastgate cement works weardale”

Seeing that picture reminded me of the new and unregistered Scania units that John Crow had hidden in my yard for a while. We eventually hid them at a farm at Eastgate. It’s queer how the simplest things jog the memory about happenings that you hadn’t thought about for decades.

Hi fellas has anyone any photos of Kirsopps motors ? I believe they were from Haydon Bridge area

thechink1968:
Hi fellas has anyone any photos of Kirsopps motors ? I believe they were from Haydon Bridge area

What year a you refering to about Kirsopps ? Im not familiar with this name, But If you can improvise on the year It could help, Thank you for posting this , Regards Larry.

The 1966 RHA directory has an entry showing Edward Kirsopp & Son Ltd, “Rocksprings”, John Martin Street, running tippers
(or maybe just one) carrying sand and gravel over a 60 mile radius.

Another haulier from the past. A line up of Commers with a picturesque background.

Thats a blast from the past “Forster”, IIRC Davidson & Adamson took them over, I remember their depot at Haltwhistle on the right heading west opposite the Kilfrost Tanks in the Station Yard, Thanks for posting it, Regards Larry.

There was quite a few hauliers in Haltwhistle , Nicholas Elliott, Castlehill Transport & Storage, Dougie Young, Coates Bros. Tynedale Transport, Billy Bell, Nearby J & B Meckenna, Smith Tipper Haulier. There was another one bu t I cant remember their name they Ran a 6 wheeler Atki flat its reg was LRM—, And a 4 wheeler Thames Trader they used to run for Intercity Transport . Regards Larry.

Just got this photo from a friend so NMP Atkinson just out of paintshop by the looks of it in the new Durhams colour scheme at their Cowpen Bewley yard. In the background one of TJ Thompson skip wagons who had a big steel scrap yard in Stockton

Also received this photo both units were bought by a Durhams driver and had them in preservation. The Borderer has been on this website a few times in it’s different guise’s and different owners and good to see it is still looking well and preserved with another owner.

N M P Regards Larry.

Arthur Page Blackhill consett

Nmp, any idea of an approximate year? A fella called Adam Rochester is tge driver levelling the load of sand