old haulage companies

does anyone remember any of these companies,r.m truscott of mossley 1970s,plysu woburn sands 1970s and shaws fuels from somewhere in yorkshire also 1970s.any pics would be great…cheers.

Hi Kenhulmes
Will have a picture posted soon.One of Wm Shaws & Sons fuel oil of huddersfield AEC tipper.

av you got any of the scammell tankers.

Here is the Wm Shaws, wagon from Stanfield.

cheers pal

TIPIT:
Here is the Wm Shaws, wagon from Stanfield.

Is this the company that devolved into Shawfleet Tankers?

Hi wheelnut
Not to sure about that but they did run some tankers I think they were on black oil products.

I’m sorry to go off the rails again :stuck_out_tongue:

Shawfleet are, were, in Slowitt. (Slaithwaite)

Used to reload plastic containers from Plysu early 1970’s, they had blue vans and a lovely Italian girl in the despatch office called Anna.

i think shaws became part of the sykes group.

Hi Ken
Another piccy of one of Shaws on Bubblemans scrapbook memories page 58.scroll to the bottom pf page.
John

cheers 4 that mate.

I worked for Sykes Bulk Liquids which was part of the Sykes Group of Companies as was Shaws Fuels and Sheaf Petrolium and it was rebranded Shawfleet in the 80s they had depots at Purfleet office was in the four oaks cafe at Rainham on the A13 Birmingham,Nottingham,Sheffield,Shepley (junc. of the A629 & A636) Huddersfield, Leeds, Shaw near Oldham, Ellsmere Port,Workington,Sunderland, Cardiff and Edinburgh I might have forgotten some as there was a couple of drivers used to run out of small oil terminals.

sammyopisite:
I worked for Sykes Bulk Liquids which was part of the Sykes Group of Companies as was Shaws Fuels and Sheaf Petrolium and it was rebranded Shawfleet in the 80s they had depots at Purfleet office was in the four oaks cafe at Rainham on the A13 Birmingham,Nottingham,Sheffield,Shepley (junc. of the A629 & A636) Huddersfield, Leeds, Shaw near Oldham, Ellsmere Port,Workington,Sunderland, Cardiff and Edinburgh I might have forgotten some as there was a couple of drivers used to run out of small oil terminals.

Was that in the days of Gordon Crabtree? :laughing:

Hi Wheel Nut yes I was there the same time as Gordon had a lot of good times with him we went on holiday together several times.

sammyopisite:
Hi Wheel Nut yes I was there the same time as Gordon had a lot of good times with him we went on holiday together several times.

A lot of beer gone under the gantry with Gordon, last seen pulling fridges with young Simmo and Jockey Mick. :laughing: Do you still see him?

Pavilion Motors from Whitworth nr Rochdale,Anyone remember these? :question: They were artic tippers carried quite a lot of scrap metal.I think they ran Mercs :confused:

My old man drove for Shaws Fuels for what must have been nearley 30 years, it went from Shaws to Sykes bulk liquids, Shawfleet to Cawoods ( I think its CPL now ) . I spent many a day riding round with him in Scammell Routemans, Handymans, Trunkers, Crusaders, Fodens with 2 stroke engines, Gardner engines, Through the Volvo years then a daf 3300 and he retired on a Foden Tractor. I think i have a few pics somewhere i will try to dig out and post. If anybody has any pics please post them, i`d love to see them

philberg182:
My old man drove for Shaws Fuels for what must have been nearley 30 years, it went from Shaws to Sykes bulk liquids, Shawfleet to Cawoods ( I think its CPL now ) . I spent many a day riding round with him in Scammell Routemans, Handymans, Trunkers, Crusaders, Fodens with 2 stroke engines, Gardner engines, Through the Volvo years then a daf 3300 and he retired on a Foden Tractor. I think i have a few pics somewhere i will try to dig out and post. If anybody has any pics please post them, i`d love to see them

Hi philberg182 I will probably know your dad and maybe you as I was worked for Sykes Bulk Liquids and Shawfleet from the mid 70s to the mid 80s

philberg182
If you go onto the Transport Photo Forum their is a couple of photos on there of Shaws Fuel page 1.Go to the thread about Tankers.