old haulage companies

Hi Sammyopisite, My old man was Howard Bancroft, Worked mainly on the Fuel side but did a bit of Bulk liquids and i can remember when they had a few tipper trailers. He was based out of Total in Leeds then they moved up to Fleet lane at Woodlesford where Bayfords was

Stanfield:
philberg182
If you go onto the Transport Photo Forum their is a couple of photos on there of Shaws Fuel page 1.Go to the thread about Tankers.

Thanks for that, if the F86 was CCX505S I have the same picture as its one my dad got new , i remember it having to go back to Crossroads with a cracked chassis after a couple of months

philberg182:
Hi Sammyopisite, My old man was Howard Bancroft, Worked mainly on the Fuel side but did a bit of Bulk liquids and i can remember when they had a few tipper trailers. He was based out of Total in Leeds then they moved up to Fleet lane at Woodlesford where Bayfords was

Hi “philberg182” I remember your old man as you say he was at Leeds and I was always at Shepley and I was either tramping or on the continent Howard would have got the F86 at the same time as I got CCX509S a F88 The 86 looks like a black oil tank and sorry I have not got the reg.

Thought you might have known him, he was there from 65 to 96 .Gonna try to dig through the old photos at my mothers and post a few of them. i`ve also got a few from the Cawoods / British Fuels days aswell

Just found this old one of theirs, was it one of the 2 strokes ?

Not sure as i was only a kid but cracking picture

I could manage that Foden in its day, it looks smart, The Scammell looks well on top of it job ,what lump would be in that 290 Rolls ■■?
John

3300John:
I could manage that Foden in its day, it looks smart, The Scammell looks well on top of it job ,what lump would be in that 290 Rolls ■■?
John

Hi John it was a 280 Rolls and there was not much which would catch them at the time especially on the hills but they made more noise than a jumbo jet

i remember plysu at woborn sands.i used collect loaded trailers out of there at night.they used load them so full that however careful you pulled off the bay, aload of those big plastic bins would fall out the back before you could close the doors.then you had struggle to load them on again on your own because every one had gone home

hi dan used to go there with truscotts and ya right they did pack them solid evan on days.

My dad used to work for Shaws then Sykes/Shaws,Cawoods,Nickersons and a few more before he finished with BFLin about ‘96’.His name was Trevor Watson.I remember going with him as a kid in the 70’s and early 80’s.The best wagon was the Scammell Crusader and the Fodens,I loved going out with him to work.He was mainly based at Fleet lane,Woodlesford and Total in Leeds.Im glad there is some pictures to see of Shaws Fuels,it brings back some great memories.

Hi Morrissey.Take a look on the Transport Photo Forum there is a thread on there all about Sykes/Shaws fuels with a few more photos.

Morrissey:
My dad used to work for Shaws then Sykes/Shaws,Cawoods,Nickersons and a few more before he finished with BFLin about ‘96’.His name was Trevor Watson.I remember going with him as a kid in the 70’s and early 80’s.The best wagon was the Scammell Crusader and the Fodens,I loved going out with him to work.He was mainly based at Fleet lane,Woodlesford and Total in Leeds.Im glad there is some pictures to see of Shaws Fuels,it brings back some great memories.

Think I remember Nickersons as SAVIEM dealers or operators. Is it the same one?

gb1:

Morrissey:

Not too sure,was still young but im sure the tankers were green.

Stanfield:
Hi Morrissey.Take a look on the Transport Photo Forum there is a thread on there all about Sykes/Shaws fuels with a few more photos.

Hi stanfield, had a look and there is some fantastic pictures on there of Shaws Fuels tankers.cheers

Morrissey:

gb1:

Morrissey:

Nickerson’s were blue and white weren’t they,started out in Grimsby and they were Saviem dealers in the 70s.
I also think they did liquid fertilizer as well,like Chafers from Doncaster.

Chris Webb:

Morrissey:

gb1:

Morrissey:

Nickerson’s were blue and white weren’t they,started out in Grimsby and they were Saviem dealers in the 70s.
I also think they did liquid fertilizer as well,like Chafers from Doncaster.

I think there were 3 companies which were unrelated, there were Nickerson Chemicals of Dewsbury who are now called Chemfix. chemfix.co.uk/

Then I think there was Nickerson Seeds and Fuels who became the Saviem Dealers in Lincolnshire. and maybe related was the Nickerson group who owned the Marshall and Track Marshall, Aveling Barford and other agricultural companies in Gainsborough

Hi Lads
Nickerson Fuel Oils started in 1962 and were taken over in 1994 by Total Fuel Oil.They still run a plant at Lindsey oil refinery North Killingholme and also at Tamworth.They run DAF 85s painted blue with tanks that are painted black.