Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

harry_gill:
Hiya,
Larry, er’ Larry Smiles Dunbar as in L S D is that the money as in
Pounds, Shillings anred.

It sure is Harry , Mind you Im going to spend the LSD, On what I enjoy Food, Whiskey, Wine, & ■■■ when its on offer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , But there again I have a full stash of wine & whiskey just in case the ■■■ bit dosnt happen, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Regards Larry.

097.jpg

Hi Lawrence I remember seeing this wagon of John Dungait’s frequently when I used to run over to Stannington and other farms north of Morpeth back in the late 70s. Good to see the photos of the Ouseburn AECs too real blasts from the past down on the Quay.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Leyland600:
Hi Lawrence I remember seeing this wagon of John Dungait’s frequently when I used to run over to Stannington and other farms north of Morpeth back in the late 70s. Good to see the photos of the Ouseburn AECs too real blasts from the past down on the Quay.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Well they are still going, They still haul for hire & reward Plus they grow a lot of produce, Turnips & Carrots etc. Hope you are keeping well, Regards Larry.

been going through some old photos quayside before modernisation started. wonder how many remember this Volvo 89, copyright unknow

Elddis%20Merc%20Quayside.[1] (2).jpg