Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

I remember him running this 86, He then went on IIRC To the F 7, Which was later stretched to make a 4 wheeler skip wagon for Norman Park at Brunswick, Thanks for posting this photo, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
I remember him running this 86, He then went on IIRC To the F 7, Which was later stretched to make a 4 wheeler skip wagon for Norman Park at Brunswick, Thanks for posting this photo, Regards Larry.

Didn’t realise it got stretched

daveymk:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Didn’t realise it got stretched

Well Norman Park must of thought that it was a worthwhile investment, He did run for a long time so It must have been a good move, The next time I see Eddie I will get more info on this F7, Regards Larry.

Sad news Im afraid, Colin Hogg Senior of Murray Hogg Transport & Storage has passed away, Colin was a good friend of mine for many years, RIP Colin, From The Dunbar Family.

Happy Birthday Larry, great excuse to give those rare malts an airing.
Not that you ever need an excuse!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: regards Kev.

Happy birthday from me as well Larry , age is only a number , Dave

Happy Birthday Larry, have a good 'un

On this auspicious occasion can I join in and wish Mr. D a very Happy Birthday and many of 'em ! The Newcastle Journal have done a centre page spread all about the Great man but unfortunately the Censor has butchered it with his black marker pen so all that is readable is name and age and where Larry was born ! :wink: Let the Malts flow Hinney ! Kind Regards Dennis. :smiley: :sunglasses:

Hiya,
Happy birthday Larry I’ll sip (against doctors orders) a small Glenmorangie
to your good health a little later have a good day mate.
thanks harry, long retired.

Well thanks everyone, I am in fact going give my rare Malts an airing, But its a difficult choice :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Hi Larry, you have not got a good Orkney whisky on the shelf you should try Highland Park or Scapa both of which I can recommend. However wishing you all the best on your birthday. If the wind blaws doon frae the north you might get a sniff from these images if you go out to St Mary’s Island.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Islanders at Kirkwall Airport Highland Park Livery..JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

Leyland600:
Hi Larry, you have not got a good Orkney whisky on the shelf you should try Highland Park or Scapa both of which I can reccommend. However wishing you all the best on your birthday.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

Hi “Leyland600”, I have them both plus a few more but there isnt room for them, The Scapa Orcadian is very nice, The Highland Park a 12 year old is very nice too, But I dont think there is any bad Single Malts just some are better others, IMO That is, Regards Larry.

Tow Law 003.JPG

Harolds  new Scania tipper 001.JPG

Harolds  new Scania tipper 012.JPG

Great photos Servo, N B Transport from Shotley Bridge, Old Nobby Clark who was the owner in the old days was a good friend of mine, He used to attend the RHA Meetings allong with John Page from Blackill, I met his son Selby once a long time ago while delivering near their garage, Its really nice to see that they are still in the haulage game, Plus they run some classic tippers IMO, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Great photos Servo, N B Transport from Shotley Bridge, Old Nobby Clark who was the owner in the old days was a good friend of mine, He used to attend the RHA Meetings allong with John Page from Blackill, I met his son Selby once a long time ago while delivering near their garage, Its really nice to see that they are still in the haulage game, Plus they run some classic tippers IMO, Regards Larry.

Cheer’s for that info Larry they run a smart fleet & look after them’ here’s one of Page’s. Regards Gordon.

servo88:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Cheer’s for that info Larry they run a smart fleet & look after them’ here’s one of Page’s. Regards Gordon.

Thanks “servo88” This is a real goodn of Arthur Page,s ERF , John Page,s motors were black mostley Bedfords with the odd AEC,s All tippers, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

servo88:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Thanks “servo88” This is a real goodn of Arthur Page,s ERF , John Page,s motors were black mostley Bedfords with the odd AEC,s All tippers, Regards Larry.

Can remember the black one’s Larry they used to run out of Newlandside on odd occasions leading Limestone to Consett Regards Gordon

Hiya,
There was a Gordon Seymour who had quite a few motors on the No1 Industrial
Estate Consett, he came up quite quickly and went out of it just as quickly, we
worked together at Glenny’s for a short while but I never really got to know him.
thanks harry, long retired.