Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Yes oily, The available light and whereabouts of the sun makes all the difference to dash cam photos, they are best on a bright day with the sun behind you not much good through a rain spotted screen but never the less I do manage to get some good snips of well turned out wagons and coaches etc when out on the road and no time to stop and take a proper photo. They are a useful tool given the current actions of many younger drivers today.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Watson Scania.JPG

Snapshot 3 (29-06-2017 12-52) (2).jpg
Snapshot 2 (29-06-2017 12-52) (2).jpg
Snapshot 5 (29-06-2017 12-54).jpg
Snapshot 4 (29-06-2017 12-53).jpg
Snapshot 1 (29-06-2017 12-46).jpg

Again, not Old North East Haulage but here we have 2 artic tippers working in Seaham. Nothing strange about that? The site in question, is the former Seaham Grammar/Secondary in the Northlea estate. John Wade (demolition) from Newton Aycliffe have the contract to clear the site for the building of houses.
3 of Wades tippers were removing brickwork from here last week.I know there is asbestos on site, Instrip are currently working here too.
Both of the pictured artics are Irish owned.

Snapshot 1 (30-06-2017 14-42) (2).jpg

Hi Pauleycats, I am surprised to see the Pioneer Transport company still operating, this must be younger members of the family, I used to load back home to ■■■■■■■ off Eric & Jack Huby who ran a nice little fleet of grey painted Albions back around 1978-72 as I remember, Often cardboard packaging from Reed Cartons or transformers from Woden’s I think the company was called.
Cheers Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi Pauleycats, I am surprised to see the Pioneer Transport company still operating, this must be younger members of the family, I used to load back home to ■■■■■■■ off Eric & Jack Huby who ran a nice little fleet of grey painted Albions back around 1978-72 as I remember, Often cardboard packaging from Reed Cartons or transformers from Woden’s I think the company was called.
Cheers Leyland 600

Hi Leyland 600, I like you remember their fleet of Albions 4 & 6 wheelers, IIRC They were the sole hauliers that did the work out of Reeds, Of course its now called SCA, Ltd still going , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Hi Leyland 600, I like you remember their fleet of Albions 4 & 6 wheelers, IIRC They were the sole hauliers that did the work out of Reeds, Of course its now called SCA, Ltd still going , Regards Larry.

If its the same Pioneer Transport :question: I think they had a depot in the old slaughter house yard in Seaton Delaval beside the Victoria and Albert pub 1970ish. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: - :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Thought the name (Pioneer) rang a bell but the colours of the pictured IVECO’s caused some uncertainty. Glad i posted them now.
Spent half an hour wandering around the trading estate with a few curious looks! Maybe if i had a placard with “I’m with Truck Net UK” people would understand? :smiley:

Paulycats.

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Thought the name (Pioneer) rang a bell but the colours of the pictured IVECO’s caused some uncertainty. Glad i posted them now.
Spent half an hour wandering around the trading estate with a few curious looks! Maybe if i had a placard with “I’m with Truck Net UK” people would understand? :smiley:

Paulycats.

Well done Paulycats, These are cracking photos to say the least, Keep the rolling, Regards Larry.

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Paulycats.

Well done Paulycats, These are cracking photos to say the least, Keep the rolling, Regards Larry.

Leyland600:
Yes oily, The available light and whereabouts of the sun makes all the difference to dash cam photos, they areod snips of well turned out wagons and coaches etc when out on the road and no time to stop and take a proper photo. best on a bright day with the sun behind you not much good through a rain spotted screen but never the less I do manage to get some go They are a useful tool given the current actions of many younger drivers today.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Steady on there Leyland.I’m 62 tomorrow, so probably one of the young’ns you refer to(on here anyways :laughing: )

If any of you old Northeast drivers are wanting to look back on some old photos & fantastic Info, Go onto Tommy Thompsons Wool Shed, Its a cracking bit of reading, Regards Larry.

Hi Lawrence and Pauleycats, I had completely forgotten about Pioneer Transport until you posted these photos, well done for jogging my memory, Lawrence yes there small fleet of Albion 4 and 6 wheelers always looked very smart in their grey livery also Jack and Eric Huby were two gentlemen to have known and worked for.
Cheers, Leyland 600

What’s happened to Ange? Used to look forward to her pithy wit on here?

John

John West:
What’s happened to Ange? Used to look forward to her pithy wit on here?

John

Aye John she has not posted anything for a while, She must be ■■■■■■■ with work & baby sitting I think, She sure is a miss to say the least, Regards Larry.

Come on Ang, Where are you hiding, Lots of drivers on this thread miss you including my good self I do hope that you are keeping well my dear, Regards Larry X.