Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

That’s Mickey Pugh’s motor Owen Pugh’s grandson(iirc) good photos Larry

dazcapri:

Lawrence Dunbar:

That’s Mickey Pugh’s motor Owen Pugh’s grandson(iirc) good photos Larry

Thats correct “dazcapri”, They are allways spotless clean too, Regards Larry.

Just to remind everyone it’s the Tyne Tees run this Sunday I’ll make sure to pack the first aid kit ready for you again kevmac.

A few thanks to Richard Says, all heading south A1(M).
Oily

NE 27468165676_201bd92574_k.jpg

NE 27391588065_74889940d6_k.jpg

Photos from Gaydon Show, Regards Larry.
Signwriting (1).jpg

Lawrence Dunbar:

Did not realise you went to Gaydon Larry, Steve Evans the signwriter in your last pic, just done a cracking job for my mate on his ERF, a couple of pic’s of it,

Hi Pete,It was a mate of mine who was at Gaydon He was speaking to the signwriter, He mentioned to him that I used to drive for Smiles for Miles, So I Emailed him some coloured photos He was delighted with them, I also sent a few of my own wagon photos as well, That ERF Is real class, He certainly knows his stuff,Theres not many good ones about these days , Its far better than the vynal stuff, Thanks for posting them, Regards Larry.

Loch Lomond 003.JPG

Dave Lowdon & Simpsons 013.JPG
Dave Lowdon & Simpsons 012.JPG

Cracking photos there Gordon, Im sure my pal David will be pleased to see them, Keep them rolling, regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Cracking photos there Gordon, Im sure my pal David will be pleased to see them, Keep them rolling, regards Larry.

Hi Larry, i had a bit of craic with him when he was loading. regards Gordon

A few photo’s of “older girl’s” still working for a living (shunting stuff) within Seaham docks. Maybe not all exactly “old North East haulage companies” but interesting imo.

This Manchester? registered DAF CF has a very apt registration!

paulycats:
6A few photo’s of “older girl’s” still working for a living (shunting stuff) within Seaham docks. Maybe not all exactly “old North East haulage companies” but interesting imo.7
This Manchester? registered DAF CF has a very apt registration!

Nevertheless Mr P, they a good photos, Thank you for posting them, Regards Larry.

Wooler vintage & Craigs 036.JPG

Snapshot 1 (26-06-2017 20-20).png

This is my first attempt to post a picture from my dashcam and looking at the preview, it ain’t half fuzzy! So apologies if it’s naff!
It’s an IVECO 8 wheeled tipper on it’s way up the Copt Hill (Houghton) to Eppleton quarry, owned by East Cramlington R.A.Ltd (the lorry not the quarry)

If this posts as bad as it previews, i would welcome any suggestions to make the image clearer (if possible). I’m using Windows Live Movie Maker via the snapshot function.
Regards, paulycats.

Well its not that bad Mr P, I have a dash cam in my Jaguar, But I have no idea how to download the thing, My 27 year old Grandson is a genius with this moden stuff, So keep up the good work, & Im sure you will win at the end of the day, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry, It is fairly easy to download an image from your dash cam. Install the Snip programme on your laptop. Then remove the dash cam from your car and connect via USB to laptop and press Play or View on dash cam controls The recorded 1 minute sequences will come up on the lap top, click on the one you think has the images you want to keep and play it through until you see the image then click on PAUSE. Then click on the SNIP icon on your toolbar the image will turn faded with a snip instuction box in the middle, Click on NEW and then draw a a box round the image starting in the top left corner, then click SAVE and the image will be saved to the photograph file on your laptop just the same as a normal photo but will be labelled “Capture” delete this word using the Rename process by Right click on the word and Backspace key and then type in the title you want and Heigh Ho Bob’s your Uncle !! Try it and let me know how you get on.
Cheers , Leyland 600

I also bought one of these after turning right at a junction on a green light, facing V signs from a 20 year old woman, just missing the back end of my car, who had obviously set off because the car beside her, on a green left turn, had set off. 3 close calls later, I think this is a good investment.

Read a report today about a motorist who ploughed into a group of people exiting a mosque. Terrorist? No, old man? No. 42 year old, who had been at the service. I know statistics lie, but 70 year olds are among the safest drivers.

If you want me to take another test I’ll happily do that, but ban me outright? I think not. There are a lot of us quiet ones out here!

Have downloaded it once, just to try it, but am happy that if the day comes, I’ll figure it out again!

John.

paulycats:
This is my first attempt to post a picture from my dashcam and looking at the preview, it ain’t half fuzzy! So apologies if it’s naff!
It’s an IVECO 8 wheeled tipper on it’s way up the Copt Hill (Houghton) to Eppleton quarry, owned by East Cramlington R.A.Ltd (the lorry not the quarry)

If this posts as bad as it previews, i would welcome any suggestions to make the image clearer (if possible). I’m using Windows Live Movie Maker via the snapshot function.
Regards, paulycats.

Hi paulycats, I don’t want to clutter this thread with any suggestions, but will do a bit on Past and Present, suffice to say my experience with my dash cam has been a trial and error education, I note, your pic is a png file (which can be converted to jpeg) … …quote “JPEGs are for photographs and realistic images. PNGs are for line art, text-heavy images, and images with few colours”. The ambient lighting has a lot to do with a good take, also the use of software to get the best out of the picture.
Oily
This is the best I can do with your one.