Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

lawrence good photo of aec fleet no 99 when i had comet no 90 two best units what do you think mate

Lawrence Dunbar:

I
took these shots of this wrecker in Blyth harbour just last week. regards Kev.

jimmy logan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

lawrence good photo of aec fleet no 99 when i had comet no 90 two best units what do you think mate

Aye Jimmy those were great times good motors good wages, Shorties was a canny job , no pressure , Do you ever see any of the lads that worked there when we did, ? Les Davison is retired now, but I dont think he is very clever at the moment, anyway how are you enjoying retirement,? Im still doing a little bit now & again, but Im not interested in this new crappy CPC, caper, so I wont be renewing my class One next year. Kieth Janes was going to arrange a drivers reunion a while ago I will have to remind him, Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:

jimmy logan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Aye Jimmy those were great times good motors good wages, Shorties was a canny job , no pressure , Do you ever see any of the lads that worked there when we did, ? Les Davison is retired now, but I dont think he is very clever at the moment, anyway how are you enjoying retirement,? Im still doing a little bit now & again, but Im not interested in this new crappy CPC, caper, so I wont be renewing my class One next year. Kieth Janes was going to arrange a drivers reunion a while ago I will have to remind him, Regards Larry

Larry, Keith worked at Waughs in the 70s, I dont know if you remember? he had a very bad accident on the M62 around the Milnrow
junction,the cab on the Atki was flattened, he finished up in the well on the passenger.It was a miracle he survived. Ps. If you see him
drag him to the “do” at Xmas, and also Jimmy Logan, regards kev

To Larry Dunbar.
On P119 a young XLV8 Brian was on about the two coachbuilt Atki 8 wheelers at Smiles and you stated that one of them YTY 520 was driven by Bobby Meggs well he lives in the tower block a few levels below me still getting around at nearly 90 years of age and sends his regards.
Regards.
Mick.(Beefeater).

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

jimmy logan:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry, Keith worked at Waughs in the 70s, I dont know if you remember? he had a very bad accident on the M62 around the Milnrow
junction,the cab on the Atki was flattened, he finished up in the well on the passenger.It was a miracle he survived. Ps. If you see him
drag him to the “do” at Xmas, and also Jimmy Logan, regards kev

Kieth had GTY 160L at the time the only bits of the cab left was the bits below the steering column which they thought saved him from an even worse out come, mind when it came back from repair it had a paint finish like glass.

beefeater:
To Larry Dunbar.
On P119 a young XLV8 Brian was on about the two coachbuilt Atki 8 wheelers at Smiles and you stated that one of them YTY 520 was driven by Bobby Meggs well he lives in the tower block a few levels below me still getting around at nearly 90 years of age and sends his regards.
Regards.
Mick.(Beefeater).

Well thats great to here Meggsie is still about, great lad Bobby Smilers topman, The last time I saw him was at St Neots, he was working for Ronnie Henderson, I had a few loads of blocks from Booth Concrete, more than I could manage with our own wagons so I got Henderson in to help me out, but that was in the 80s, if you see him give him my regards. Cheers Larry.PS Tell him I have a picture of YTY.520. Taken on Kates Cabin Lorry Park.

2Diesels:

THE GREEN PIMPERNEL:
FL 10 DOUBLE DRIVE

Is that N425NFT or one of the older ones?

M596FVK on timber job ,n425 is the yard shunter now

Pic of Redeugh Bridge brought back a few memories Lawrance, looks to have been took around about the time I was on Stanley Northern 1970/74, Sydney Grove was bit of a sod to get back out onto Bensham bank high wall to your right & you had to shove your nose out to look back up Bensham bank to your left

Lawrence Dunbar:

A pure guess Larry, is that the bridge over Jesmond Dene by the Cradlewell?
regards Kev

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

A pure guess Larry, is that the bridge over Jesmond Dene by the Cradlewell?
regards Kev

Sorry Kev.come west a bit. Regards Larry