Old Hull Haulage companys

Hi

Just found the site and saw all the old names cropping up from the past :slight_smile:

My first venture into transport was when Brian Falkingham took me on in the stores working under Richard Spivey and Norman Earl (any of you remember them? :wink: ), as the years went on I ended up in the workshop and finally into sales. I have loads of memories to relate but not sure where to post them?..

As this thread is about old haulage companies here are a couple of pictures from my salesman days…

I have plenty more somewhere and when I dig them out and convert from 35mm I’ll post here

Les

Keep them coming Giddlepin, always liked Watts Bros livery :grimacing:

a carter3.jpg

a carter1.jpg

a carter2.jpg

Alan should have kept Yogi Pearce on :stuck_out_tongue:

Come on own up who was driving that one?

Alan drove for Malcolmsons before going into Howdendyke with his own

Here’s a couple more :wink:

…and a couple of odd ones I found

Barry Waddy . HI Giddlepin good photos ,the Stuart Saunt Atki reg no, W K H 4 6 1 we baught W H K 4 6 2 X could it have come from the same batch ? .Yours Barry Waddy

b.waddy:
Barry Waddy . HI Giddlepin good photos ,the Stuart Saunt Atki reg no, W K H 4 6 1 we baught W H K 4 6 2 X could it have come from the same batch ? .Yours Barry Waddy

If it was a Sed-Atk it certainly was Barry, we used to get batches of reg numbers from the licensing office and they were usually consecutive

Les

Giddlepin:

b.waddy:

If it was a Sed-Atk it certainly was Barry, we used to get batches of reg numbers from the licensing office and they were usually consecutive

Les

Was that Bradley Trucks or Rix?

Driffield Showground■■?

Wheel Nut:
Was that Bradley Trucks or Rix?

Driffield Showground■■?

Bradley Trucks

East Park

Here’s the show trailer and demo unit from the Seddon Atkinsons, I had a blast picking this up from Scunthorpe I think it was? a 13 speed Fuller with Rolls320 was big horse power for the time :wink:

Barry Waddy. Giddlepin , Yes it was a Sed / Atki 8 wheeler bulk tipper .Barry Waddy

b.waddy:
Barry Waddy. Giddlepin , Yes it was a Sed / Atki 8 wheeler bulk tipper .Barry Waddy

What company Barry?

iBarry Waddy .hi Giddlepin sorry cant put any light on that ,there was no name on it ,just red cab and a cream high side bulk body with seperate compartments and a trap door in the tail gate .yours Barry Wad

b.waddy:
iBarry Waddy .hi Giddlepin sorry cant put any light on that ,there was no name on it ,just red cab and a cream high side bulk body with seperate compartments and a trap door in the tail gate .yours Barry Wad

Sounds like Lawty’s of Helperthorpe Barry (Lawty’s always had their bumpers chromed)

Cracking pictures Giddlepin,

Some long gone names including Bradley trucks, was Ted Fenwick or Howard Emms at Bradleys when you where there.

Regards

Spud1960

Spud1960:

Some long gone names including Bradley trucks, was Ted Fenwick or Howard Emms at Bradleys when you where there.

Regards

Spud1960

Yes I remember them Spud :wink:

I started when it was Falkinghams, after that it became P. Hanson Commercials, then Bradley trucks took over while still down Naylors Row before moving to Sayers old spot and becoming the Bradley Trucks Eastern most will remember. I was one of the last people out of the door when Bradleys pulled out of Hull in 1984 and did a year in sales over at SA Commercials Scunthorpe before giving up sales and moving back to a workshop environment.

Les

Hi Giddlepin dont suppose you have any pics of Davis Bros orange SA 400?

JonB1973:
Hi Giddlepin dont suppose you have any pics of Davis Bros orange SA 400?

I might have somewhere Jon but they aren’t in the negatives I have been transferring, I’ll dig out all my old pictures sometime and have a look, I assume you mean Davis Freight owned by Ken Davis with Ben Godfrey his right hand man?

Possibly mate, I always remember them running smart orange and white 400s usually pulling tilts :grimacing:

Spud1960:

Regards

Spud1960

Worked with Ted Fenwick at John Tutty,s for about 8 years or so, he was a good fitter and quite a comedian,He once found a topee in a cab that we bought,he washed it and tide it on his head with some string and went to Beverly test station, he said nobody commented . Good days, and loads of fun.

I know this is not a Hull motor, but do any of you Hull lads remember Barrow Heppburn Hide & Skin Dealers from Beverley, well this was one of their motors which I bought from Lex Tillotsons Hull. Regards Larry.